Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removed 2 Z-Wave dimmers now whole network is slow/unresponsive

Hi all,

I pulled out 2 wall dimmers and replaced them with newer Leviton ones but didn't exclude them before I removed them as I plan on using them again upstairs. Since doing that, HomeSeer updated this morning to the latest version, but now my lights are super slow, taking 15 seconds to turn on or off, and constantly saying Unknown for status or just not responding at all forcing me to reboot. I've done optimize on the Z-Wave network a few times, it takes 20 minutes or so each time, but no luck. One light will seem to work and turn on and off just fine, then suddenly it halts and doesn't respond. I'm not sure how to remove those 2 switches from the network as I don't see the typical "Remove unresponsive node" option that my other Z-Wave controllers had like the ISY or Wink. The logs don't seem helpful unless there's a way to enable more detailed ones? They just show me requesting the light be turned on or off. I use the SmartStick+ connected via USB directly to HS3 which is on Windows Server 2012.

Not sure if related but also since that HS3 update this morning I get an error about Insteon having some kind of problem as well, however it still works fine.

I think I figured it out. I have an event running to poll each Z-Wave device every 15 seconds and just realized I still had those 2 disconnected dimmers as part of that. I deleted them and rebooted and now it seems to run properly. I think the Z-Wave network was getting hung up trying to poll disconnected devices so frequently.

Comment

Working...
    X