Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Smart Switch 6 not dimming

Hi all,

I have a new Smart Switch 6 plug in lamp dimmer that I am trying to figure out. I can control the lamp on/off via the "Switch Binary" control. However, the Switch Multilevel" control in HS does nothing. I can change the level and it says it is set, but the light stays off. I thought I would need to toggle the binary switch on first before I dim, but that is not it either - as long as the binary is on, the lamp stays at full brightness.

I must be missing something here. Any thoughts?

Thank you,
    John

Ah ha... I need a "Smart Dimmer 6"... it is strange that the device loads a multilevel component which makes me think it should be able to dim.

Or maybe I'm just dim ;-)

Mystery solved.

Comment

I also have several Aeotec Smart Switch 6s that work fine, except I cannot get the dimming function to work. I am using HS4 in this installation. I have tried just about everything I can to get these to work. I have several Aeotec nanos working well with an HS3 system at a remote site. I have not tried the Smart Switch at the HS3 site. Can anyone out there give me some ideas on what I can try to get the dimming part of the switch to work in HS4?

Thanks!

--Doug

Comment

By the way, I am not sure this matters, but these are Smart Switch 6s with a USB port.

Comment

Working...
        X