Aeon Labs Aeotec ZW056 Z-Wave Gen5 Doorbell - Odd Button Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Labs Aeotec ZW056 Z-Wave Gen5 Doorbell - Odd Button Behavior

I have an Aeon Labs Aeotec ZW056 Z-Wave Gen5 Doorbell installed in HS3.

Having trouble making it chime by using the included wireless (RF) button.

Mine seems to require a 2-second button press to register with the receiver in the chime.

What has your experience been like? I don't think most people will know to press and hold for 2 second, this button in order to ring my doorbell. I'm considering putting a label on the button case to that regard, but I'd like to know if this is normal.

I mentioned this to HS and they had not heard of it. I have not contacted Aeon Labs yet.

This seems to be a common problem with this product, based on reviews from others that I should have consulted before ordering it in haste. I'm now looking for an alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyO View Post
      This seems to be a common problem with this product, based on reviews from others that I should have consulted before ordering it in haste. I'm now looking for an alternative.
      So are you having the same issue with signaling, requiring a long button press?

Comment

Yes. On very rare occasion it works as advertised. On other days, it doesn't work when I hold the button down while it's just three feet from the receiver speaker. Just a bad design, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyO View Post
          Yes. On very rare occasion it works as advertised. On other days, it doesn't work when I hold the button down while it's just three feet from the receiver speaker. Just a bad design, unfortunately.
          Thanks for the feedback. Agreed, could just be a poor gen 1 design. Odd how it got out of testing and made available for retail sale. Perhaps a firmware update later can improve the product.

Comment

Working...
          X