X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sirmeili
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Sorry, we were never notified of the change. They did not give much time to get it fixed either. We are aware of it now and are working on implementing the new API. We will post as we make progress. I have a Lightify account and I never saw an email on this. In the case where I might have missed it, something this important should have been sent multiple times.

What really bugs me is that I have spoken with multiple people at Lightify in the past and no one bothered to contact me directly.
    To add to this, they (Osram) should have versioned out their API so that the old API didn't stop working. This is how APIs should always work so that you don't break people using old versions of your API while they upgrade to the new version.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Sorry, we were never notified of the change. They did not give much time to get it fixed either. We are aware of it now and are working on implementing the new API. We will post as we make progress. I have a Lightify account and I never saw an email on this. In the case where I might have missed it, something this important should have been sent multiple times.

What really bugs me is that I have spoken with multiple people at Lightify in the past and no one bothered to contact me directly.

Leave a comment:

• gaf@bluerivernet.com
    replied
    Homeseer has demonstrated complete incompetence during this outage. Every zigbee device is uncontrollable..I spent more than 20 years as a product development manager for big blue and if I allowed an outage like this to persist, I would have been shown the door...The community needs to embrace this feeble response by Homeseer and rise up to force the company to change or get out of the business.
    GAF

Leave a comment:

• cowinger
    replied
    Anyone from admin think this info about the API change is relevant?

The part in RED I thought might be important based on the fact that the last API was changed as of March 2018.

Could this be related to all of us not being able to connect to their cloud?

Leave a comment:

• cowinger
    started a topic Osram Lightify New API

Osram Lightify New API

I saw this on the Osram website. Could someone from Admin check on this please. The text in RED is important info.

The LIGHTIFY app is required to control the gateway and all LIGHTIFY products. A control via software API is also possible. LIGHTIFY REST API link: https://docs.lightify-api.com/

Please note: We will switch off the old REST API at the end of March 2018. If you are using the service, please change to the new version now.

Maybe this is what is causing us not to connect to the cloud. New API.
    Last edited by cowinger; April 19, 2018, 07:10 PM.
Working...
X