Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BUG: Zigbee devices stop working if you move your Homeseer install (verified)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG: Zigbee devices stop working if you move your Homeseer install (verified)

I repro'd this - it is definitely a bug. I figured out why the problem occurred but not What is causing it. I submitted to Homeseer, hope they will fix.

How I found it...

I did a temporarily move of my Homeseer install to a different WIndows PC (SSD in the original PC died)

After moving Homeseer (new install, then copied over a backup of the entire original folder) to the 'temporary' PC = Zigbee Plugin failed to work with the existing devices.The devices showed up but when I tried to control them I saw these errors:

In plugin, next to 'Debug Response'... "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel."

In HS3's log... "ZigBee Error: There was an exception in the 'Send' function: Invalid JSON primitive: The."

When I moved Homeseer back to the original PC, everything worked again.

It looks like there is a bug binding the zigbee devices to the PC they are created on. Thus, anyone changing the computer HS3 is running on will lose ALL of Zigbee functionality until they rebuild all devices and events from scratch.

Good catch! Be sure and let support know either by email or the support page.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Good catch! Be sure and let support know either by email or the support page.
      First thing I did was email them... their response was the cause was the Lightify API change (which was months ago). I hope they read my email (the exact working I used above) and actually bug track this. I submitted another bug today based on Zwave. Seems like HS3 is reliable IF you never have to restore from backup - then you must be a tech guru to make sure you fix all the things that Homeseer breaks.

Comment

Working...
      X