OK, I got Zigbee, what do I do now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I got Zigbee, what do I do now?

I recently got a Yale digital lock for my front door, with a networking module. They told me the module works with Zigbee. So I got an Amazon Echo Plus, which has a Zigbee controller built in. I have managed to get it working so that Alexa locks (and UNLOCKS! Yes, it can be done!) the front door.

So now I would like to see the front door lock in HomeSeer. So I downloaded the HSZigbee plug-in. From that point, I am totally lost, I know nothing about Zigbee. It says I have to go to something called OSRAM LIGHTIFY? And get a "token"? So I go there, and it asks me to login. Not register, just login. I don't have a login for OSRAM. Reading the sticky here, I see there was some trouble with the OSRAM interface? But that was solved, right? So where do I go from here?

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

I don't think you can use the ZigBee in the Echo plus with HomeSeer. You might need a ZigBee interface for HomeSeer.

Comment

ZigBee is still a long wanted capability with HomeSeer. You can't do anything with devices attached to an Echo Plus....nobody can except Amazon at this point.

The HSZigbee is only good for Osram/Lightify lights and plugs nothing else. JowieHue integrates with deCONZ which is good but you are still limited to what deCONZ supports which is again mostly lights and some plugs and xiaomi sensors.

Comment

Yale is not yet on the Supported Devices list for Zigbee2MQTT, but likely only because nobody has had one to try. The forum https://koenkk.github.io/zigbee2mqtt/ is very active and I have found the developer to be very responsive for the new devices that I am adding. To try this you need a $10 Zigbee USB dongle, A Linux or Windows computer to run the Zigbee2MQTT and MQTT broker programs in the background and free mcsMQTT HS plugin.

If you want this dongle then provide your shipping address to mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net. The documentation at the link above tells you how to install and run zigbee2mqtt. If you prefer windows then the install is described at https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...qtt-on-windows

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          Yale is not yet on the Supported Devices list for Zigbee2MQTT, but likely only because nobody has had one to try. The forum https://koenkk.github.io/zigbee2mqtt/ is very active and I have found the developer to be very responsive for the new devices that I am adding. To try this you need a $10 Zigbee USB dongle, A Linux or Windows computer to run the Zigbee2MQTT and MQTT broker programs in the background and free mcsMQTT HS plugin.

If you want this dongle then provide your shipping address to mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net. The documentation at the link above tells you how to install and run zigbee2mqtt. If you prefer windows then the install is described at https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...qtt-on-windows
          I have not played with this yet, but I'm game. I sent you the email with shipping info... another Zigbee dongle to add to my collection

Comment

Belated thanks to all for your replies. I understand that basically I cannot control the Yale lock through HS3. No biggie, Alexa works fine with it.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

Jim Speiser
            38-year veteran of Home Automation
            Still don't know squat

Comment

Hi Michael,

Any idea if this one will work?

Zigbee CC2531 2.4Ghz USB E18-2G4U04B zigbee USB RF Transmitter and Receiver PCB Antenna 8051MCU ISM Band LED Indicator

HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
              Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
              Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
              Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
              Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
              Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
              Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

It should work, but still needs to be programmed. I have done 3 variants of the CC2531 and each had different methodologies to get to the needed pins. The firmware is different for those with external antennae. I documented these in the mcsMQTT manual. In my last batch from a China I included a new product that is the same as the one I have been distributing, but includes an external antennae which I think is only a physical difference and not an electrical one. I have yet to try to flash it. The zigbee2mqtt forum is a better place to get opinions from those who actually develop the firmware and do the exploratory hacking.

Comment

It should work, but still needs to be programmed. I have done 3 variants of the CC2531 and each had different methodologies to get to the needed pins. The firmware is different for those with external antennae. I documented these in the mcsMQTT manual. In my last batch from a China I included a new product that is the same as the one I have been distributing, but includes an external antennae which I think is only a physical difference and not an electrical one. I have yet to try to flash it. The zigbee2mqtt forum is a better place to get opinions from those who actually develop the firmware and do the exploratory hacking.
                  Ah, more ways to spend my spare time! Love it!
                  HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
                  Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
                  Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
                  Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
                  Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
                  Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
                  Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Working...
                  X