This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wemo Link support

I currently have several strands of the Osram Lightify Gardenspot lights and purchased a Wemo Link hub to pair with them. The reason that I went with the Wemo Link is that there is some work being done on software that presents a REST bridge for WeMo. https://github.com/unrelatedlabs/java-wemo-bridge This software allowed specially crafted URLs to control the lights locally and some were using Homeseer to control the lights directly via this software bridge without relying on the Internet. https://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176323

I couldn't get the java bridge to work on my Windows or Ubuntu machines and so have been stuck using ITTT to turn off/on my Osram Lightify Gardenspots.

Also, from Belkin's site, it appears that they have dropped support for their SDK in favor of UPnP support. http://developers.belkin.com/wemo/sdk

Here is a link to a user that was using UPnP to discover, poll, and control devices connected to the WeMo Link. https://objectpartners.com/2014/03/2...upnp-and-wemo/ and here's another that's using SOAP/UPnP to control the devices https://www.hardill.me.uk/wordpress/...o-light-bulbs/ and https://www.rilhia.com/tutorials/usi...in-wemo-switch

Is there anyway that you guys could add support for the Wemo Link hub using the SOAP/UPnP commands? This could be a way to discover the WeMo Link, discover any devices on it and create the devices in Homeseer and then have local control of any device that connects to this hub.

Comment

I can't dim my Osram Zigbee bulb. Am I the only one?
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        In regards to the switch, it can only be used to control devices locally. Unfortunately it does not send any information to its online database so we cannot tell if the switch is on or off, or if it is ever pressed.

So we cannot support the switch.

What you can do is monitor the device that the switch is controlling and if it changes state, you know the switch was pressed.

I would just use Z-Wave, you can use this, which does the same thing and is wall mountable:

https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...nt=20303474822
        Not Zigbee question, but related to this GoControl product.

So, I got my GoControl out of the box tonight to test. . .

Unfortunately, it does not seem to be working? The LED is not lighting up at all and when I try to add a new node, HS immediately says it found a node 65 (actually an already existing HSM200) and that there are no new nodes. . .

Add Node started...
        Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...
        DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
        Done. Node 65 Added.
        Reloading (importing) node information...
        Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
        Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 0
        Finished.

I just pulled out the plastic tab, so I expected the batteries would still work. . .but just in case, I just put in some fresh batteries. . .no change in behavior. I did a Reset and got blinking green lights. Unfortunately, it has been a long time since I purchased this from HS, so not sure where to reach for help.

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
          Not Zigbee question, but related to this GoControl product.

So, I got my GoControl out of the box tonight to test. . .

Unfortunately, it does not seem to be working? The LED is not lighting up at all and when I try to add a new node, HS immediately says it found a node 65 (actually an already existing HSM200) and that there are no new nodes. . .

Add Node started...

Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...

DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.

Done. Node 65 Added.

Reloading (importing) node information...

Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...

Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 0

Finished.

I just pulled out the plastic tab, so I expected the batteries would still work. . .but just in case, I just put in some fresh batteries. . .no change in behavior. I did a Reset and got blinking green lights. Unfortunately, it has been a long time since I purchased this from HS, so not sure where to reach for help.

Try deleting it first. Often Z-wave devices seem to ship thinking that they are already included in a Z-wave network. Hopefully that's all it needs. Then add it and it should get assigned a higher, vacant node ID. If that works, I would check the setup of your HSM200 just in case it got corrupted.
          cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
            Try deleting it first. Often Z-wave devices seem to ship thinking that they are already included in a Z-wave network. Hopefully that's all it needs. Then add it and it should get assigned a higher, vacant node ID. If that works, I would check the setup of your HSM200 just in case it got corrupted.
            Good idea. I don't remember actually trying that. . .

Comment

That appears to have worked. Not sure a brand new sealed device should need to be excluded first.

Comment

That appears to have worked. Not sure a brand new sealed device should need to be excluded first.

It shouldn't of course, but it has become a common theme in the forum, so I always delete first now before adding.
                cheeryfool

Comment

Just curious if anyone else's osram zigbee lights actually work with this. 1 out of 4 times my lights turn off with Homeseer. They turn on fine everytime with the osram app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, you are not alone. As a work around what I did was put waits in between actions in my events. 4 seconds seem to be the lowest I can go and still have it work every time.
                    Attached Files
                    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

+1

Comment

Is this beta plugin complete?

Comment

We moved it to the lighting section of the plugins page, so its out of beta.

If a device works with the Lightify gateway, it should work with the plugin.

Is this beta plugin complete?
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              We moved it to the lighting section of the plugins page, so its out of beta.

If a device works with the Lightify gateway, it should work with the plugin.
                              I guess I missed the transition, but hadn't seen activity in a long time. . .unfortunately, the devices I was hoping to connect don't work with the gateway. . .they talk to other ZigBee devices directly.

Comment

You see the problem with the Zigbee, no real compatibility, it will be like herding cats trying to keep up. What we have at least gets us supporting a good chunk of devices. We do not intend on expanding the support at this time. I would contact the Lightify people and see if they can add support for the devices you want.

Are there no Z-Wave devices that will do the same function? Tell me what the device does and maybe I know of a Z-Wave device that will work.

I guess I missed the transition, but hadn't seen activity in a long time. . .unfortunately, the devices I was hoping to connect don't work with the gateway. . .they talk to other ZigBee devices directly.
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X