Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting an update. Got the login working and can turn a device on/off. Once we get on/off/dim working we will post a plugin to start testing with, should be by tomorrow.

They totally changed the API so this plugin is pretty much a total re-write. We will make sure we don't break any existing events though.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      Posting an update. Got the login working and can turn a device on/off. Once we get on/off/dim working we will post a plugin to start testing with, should be by tomorrow.

They totally changed the API so this plugin is pretty much a total re-write. We will make sure we don't break any existing events though.
      What what point will ZHA be supported not just ZLL? I would like to do more with Zigbee than just turn on a light bulb.

Comment

The plugin will support whatever the Lightify unit supports. As for, when will we complete the plugin, hopefully this week. They have some new stuff in the API related to color bulbs that we have to look at.

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
        What what point will ZHA be supported not just ZLL? I would like to do more with Zigbee than just turn on a light bulb.

Comment

Check out the JowiHue plug-in if you need extended Zigbee support: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1137957

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
            Check out the JowiHue plug-in if you need extended Zigbee support: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1137957
            I have. It is wholly dependent on whatever deCONZ supports. deCONZ doesn't support much more than lights or that whole osram, philips ecosystem either. They also support the Xiaomi<SP?>. I have ZHA devices that I want to use directly but I can't. So I'm having to use my Vera Plus to continue using those devices.

Comment

I have ZHA devices that I want to use directly but I can't.
              What are these devices? Are they exclusive to Zigbee or are there Z-Wave equivalents available? Curious...

Comment

What are these devices? Are they exclusive to Zigbee or are there Z-Wave equivalents available? Curious...
                Specifically the ones I REALLY care about are the NYCE devices. Notably the NYCE Ceiling Motion Sensor.

If you can make/find a z-wave motion sensor that is a FAST in response/reset and didn't look like an eye-ball watching you I'd buy them and forget about Zigbee. I have tried numerous brands/models of z-wave motion sensors. I have found a couple that are just as fast/sensitive/reset speed but they again are eye-balls!!! and well even to me that's creepy in the bathroom!

The NYCE devices of which I've used/tested are top of the line. No equivalent that I've found. I suppose because they are manufactured under Control4 requirements. NYCE is a Control4 device maker but they have entered into the "consumer" market with their ZHA devices.

Comment

Have you tried this one, we have one here and I thought it worked pretty well:

http://enerwaveautomation.com/products/zwnbpc/

Specifically the ones I REALLY care about are the NYCE devices. Notably the NYCE Ceiling Motion Sensor.

If you can make/find a z-wave motion sensor that is a FAST in response/reset and didn't look like an eye-ball watching you I'd buy them and forget about Zigbee. I have tried numerous brands/models of z-wave motion sensors. I have found a couple that are just as fast/sensitive/reset speed but they again are eye-balls!!! and well even to me that's creepy in the bathroom!

The NYCE devices of which I've used/tested are top of the line. No equivalent that I've found. I suppose because they are manufactured under Control4 requirements. NYCE is a Control4 device maker but they have entered into the "consumer" market with their ZHA devices.

Comment

Also, in bathrooms I use our HSM200 as its easy to just plug it into the outlet by the sink and I don't have to worry about batteries.

Last edited by rjh; May 1, 2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

These? The description says they are not C4 compatible. Anyway, I know we had an Enerwave ceiling sensor here to test some time ago and I stumbled onto this one too. Might be worth a try?

Comment

These? The description says they are not C4 compatible. Anyway, I know we had an Enerwave ceiling sensor here to test some time ago and I stumbled onto this one too. Might be worth a try?
                        There are two version of NYCE products. The NOT for C4 are their "consumer" ZHA products.

The BeSense. I have one. It's ok, but slow even on the "test" setting that isn't supposed to have a long reset time. The unit is also HUGE. Not discreet by any means. I have it in the kitchen currently. Soon to be replaced by a ceiling fan and probably a NYCE curtain motion sensor on the entry way.

I also have the ZSE02, ZSE09, Fibaro Multi-Sensor, the Aeotec 6 is also too slow. The Iris sensor is nice and fast

The ZSE02 is fast and works good for lights. But the unit is also large about the size of an echo dot. It does have direct power capabilities which makes it even faster. Good unit, but not discreet.

ZSE09 is VERY fast and sensitive. I spent hours adjusting the sensitivity. It will go off from a ghost! But again, it's an eye ball

Fibaro is not really meant for light control and they even don't recommend it for that. In order to be "pet" friendly it is recommended to not set the pulse low. So I set it as low as it would go It is fast and could work, but again an Eye ball... literally when it lights up.

Aeotec multi-sensor... just not a good motion sensor by the reviews. I don't own one myself because of the numerous other people warning against it for motion. I have considered it for temp/humidity but the zooz ZSE40 is much cheaper for that.

ZSE40 motion also is not good for lighting. The ZSE40 v2 is better according to people at thesmartesthouse.com but they also said it's not the best for lighting.

I have not tried the ecolink that is out there because of it's appearance and mounting.

As for the HS branded motion sensor I have not tried. I like the whole plugin idea and that it's a multi-sensor that is good as well. The problem is that the single plug in the bathroom is on the entry wall. So unless the sensor can see behind itself it won't work (happy to try if you want to send me one).

So... any more recommendations on a motion sensor for light control?

Comment

I have not tried that one. I have the link open and I will look for it. Do you carry it? If not I'll look for it again. I do remember looking for it before and I think it was out of stock on Amazon or something.

Comment

Shows in stock on Amazon.

I have not tried that one. I have the link open and I will look for it. Do you carry it? If not I'll look for it again. I do remember looking for it before and I think it was out of stock on Amazon or something.

Comment

Shows in stock on Amazon.
                              I'll have to look into it. I'll ask around about it as well. Before I go spending on more devices I'm waiting to see if any more HS sales are coming or spending on plugins now that I'm licensed.

Comment

Update, we have a plugin that supports on/off/dim working.

Here is the issue. Lightify changed the devices ID's for the Zigbee lights that are added to the system. Because of this, we cannot match the existing ID's that you have in your plugin. This means you will need to edit all of your events.

Can you post back how many Zigbee devices you have in your system. We might be able to create a way to map the new ID's to the old ones using a config screen. But if you only have a few devices, this may not be worth the effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X