X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dbmet
    replied
    As for the RGB lights, we should have those supported soon. You can turn them on and off now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    Understood.

We have several places in our house that have lights where there is no physical switch (ceiling fan and light in living room as well as under the cabinet lighting that runs off a ZWave outlet).

I have been looking for a ZWave switch that can be mounted anywhere on a wall (not at an wired switch location) that replicates the look of "normal" switches. The specific example posted in this thread gets closer than most I have found. I have had several GE remotes, including the one that is intended to look like a wall switch, but they all have issues actually getting associated since they were intended to be primary controllers. . .they don't like being secondary (I think the device you are trying to control has be be in the first 32 nodeIDs or something).

I have been hoping that maybe Aoetec would actually release their touch panel (standalone version that didn't connect a micro switch), but it seems like usual, they prefer to sell "coming soon" products instead of real ones. . .

The remotes that GE announced actually look to finally be a viable ZWave solution, but they aren't being sold yet. . .so they could still be vaporware too.

Anyway, I like to automate things, but also keep the manual control in place (and my wife insists on it). . .and remotes haven't been the only example of items that didn't have a good ZWave solution (or if it did, they costed twice as much).

For me, it is more about being able to control/log/record a large variety of things. . .than to be able to have fancy lighting.

Again, glad this option is in development.
    Last edited by TechFan; January 9, 2017, 05:55 PM. Reason: correct typo

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    The idea is to support items that are not available with Z-Wave. Can I ask why you want to use the Zigbee remote?

The issue is just time, we don't have all the products yet, but we will eventually get to trying it. I don't have a problem with users trying the devices and giving feedback. I would guess that the remote would show up as a device in the Lightify app, and the HS will replicate it. When it changes status from the remote, it will change status in HS. But if they do some other odd setup where the API does not show it as a device, we will then need to do some work.

As for the RGB lights, we should have those supported soon. You can turn them on and off now.

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
    So, I guess that brings up the question of if the remote actually connects with the hub or only talks directly with devices. So, what are you all wanting from us? I provided feedback about the RGBW light strip not updating its status correctly on the HS devices page. . .are you wanting us to buy the mentioned remote and try connecting it? Sgt. Shultz is suggesting that this plugin will only be outgoing communication, not accepting commands into HS. That could make sense. . .but just trying to be a clear picture of where this is all going.

Leave a comment:

• dbmet
    replied
    This looks interesting. I'm curious if it works with the Gardenspot mini rgb lights yet?

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Yes, our plan is to support all devices that the hub supports.
    So, I guess that brings up the question of if the remote actually connects with the hub or only talks directly with devices. So, what are you all wanting from us? I provided feedback about the RGBW light strip not updating its status correctly on the HS devices page. . .are you wanting us to buy the mentioned remote and try connecting it? Sgt. Shultz is suggesting that this plugin will only be outgoing communication, not accepting commands into HS. That could make sense. . .but just trying to be a clear picture of where this is all going.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Yes, our plan is to support all devices that the hub supports.

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
    So will this plugin fully support all of the Osram Lightify devices that can connect to the Hub?

In the list are a bunch of lights (RGBW, dimmable, and dimmable + white temp), as well as an outlet, a motion/temp sensor, a battery operated remote, and a 4 button switch.

Will this stuff eventually be sold in the Homeseer store?

Any clarification on where this plugin is going will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
    As long as there is nothing proprietary in the manufacturers protocol, then it should work with the Osram hub.

We used GE and Sylvania bulbs along with Osram when we tested.
    So will this plugin fully support all of the Osram Lightify devices that can connect to the Hub?

In the list are a bunch of lights (RGBW, dimmable, and dimmable + white temp), as well as an outlet, a motion/temp sensor, a battery operated remote, and a 4 button switch.

Will this stuff eventually be sold in the Homeseer store?

Any clarification on where this plugin is going will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    I was talking about the one mentioned and linked in the post with the different OSRAM products (SYLVANIA LIGHTIFY by Osram - Smart Home- Dimming Switch). But in general, you answered my real question. I was hoping that I might be able to use one of the zigbee remotes to notify HS that something had happened so it could trigger something else. It appears that isn't possible. . .too bad, since I was hoping this would be a real link into Zigbee devices, not just lighting.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Shultz
    replied
    I don't know what battery powered remote you're referring to.

I can tell you that you can't send commands to HS3 thru the ZigBee plugin, so if you're trying to use the remote to control things in HS3, that won't work.

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    How about the battery powered remote? Should it work?

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Shultz
    replied
    As long as there is nothing proprietary in the manufacturers protocol, then it should work with the Osram hub.

We used GE and Sylvania bulbs along with Osram when we tested.

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    Lots of Osram stuff!

When I went to the Osram site to look for products compatible with the hub last week I could not find much. Today I was on Amazon looking for some lights and a lot of Osram lightify stuff came up.

For example look at all these lights

Landscape lights

a battery powered remote

4 button switch

Motion and temperature sensor

smart plug

and of course rgb lightstrips.

I wonder how much works with this plugin?

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    Yes. I was able to pick up one from ebay for about $15 shipped.

Leave a comment:

• Jobee
    replied
    I take it this is the hub?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...3680191&sr=1-4

so same price as the hue hub.

Leave a comment:

• sleeve
    replied
    Seems to be a narrow offer when zooming out could cover Osram and the whole plantation: https://support.smartthings.com/hc/e...LIGHTIFY-Bulbs

Are Samsung idiots about licensing? I'd buy their hardware if I could make it subordinate under Homeseer because Samsung has the brand collateral to incent all these Zigbee fiefdoms to rally together, and if they won't, they have the engineering capital to make them interoperate within ST, albeit hub and spoke integration.

It may seem against the mission at HST to encourage customers to buy and experience SmartThings as a path to Zigbee due to the overlapping abilities of HS and ST. While you do validate their solution through support of it, they don't compete for your prospect nor will your legacy customers abandon you for them. Their stuff is too simple, they're going for the one button crowd that values out of box experience over under the hood exposure. Last I checked, nobody has made a HomeSeer unboxing video...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X