Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have mine ordered, but waiting for it to get shipped. . .picked up a Cree bulb last night to test with when it arrives.

I did find this interesting in the FAQ - maybe it is possible to connect/control gateway directly without cloud? Not sure if the API offers this type of connection outside of the app?

08. Is an Internet connection needed for control?
    Expand
    Is an Internet connection needed for control?
    The LIGHTIFY system has been designed as an online system, and needs to be connected to the LIGHTIFY Cloud via the Internet to make the complete range of functions available, such as access while away from home. In detail, access to the Internet during installation and when configuring scenes or groups is mandatory. Controlling lamps and luminaires offline will also be supported from app version 1.0.3b11, for example even when your home WiFi is not connected to the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
      Okay, I'm stuck!

I've bought a Lightify Gateway, and had to get it replaced as the first was not working. The second one is working properly, and I've added a Lightifyy RGBW-bulb to it and I can control it from the app.

However, I'm not able to get HS to communicate with the Lightify cloud. I'm sure the serial number is correct, and also the username and password.

But I still get "Test was not successful." when I press the "Test Cloud Connection" button, and this is in the log:
      Code:
      ZigBee Error: There was an exception retreiving the authorization token
      What do I do now?
      This was a result of Osram having a server in the US and one in Europe.

I have updated the plugin to allow users to specify the county to connect to.

The new version is 3.0.0.3
      Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

WeMo support?

Do you plan to support WeMo bulbs through this plugin? Is it possible at all or WeMo is a closed system?

Comment

Now we are starting to see how confusing Zigbee is!

It appears that the Wemo bulbs do support the standard HA Zigbee protocol, but that does not mean they will work with the Lightify hub. There is a good chance they will. We will try to get a bulb so we can test. Wemo was originally all WiFi, but I see some of their stuff is Zigbee.

Originally posted by adanchenko View Post
          Do you plan to support WeMo bulbs through this plugin? Is it possible at all or WeMo is a closed system?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

WeMo support?

I remember seeing somewhere that Osram/Lightify bulbs work with WeMo hub. Maybe instead of Lightify hub you would better use WeMo? Belkin's Wemo has API, I guess it could be easier to plug into its code.

Comment

I remember seeing somewhere that Osram/Lightify bulbs work with WeMo hub. Maybe instead of Lightify hub you would better use WeMo? Belkin's Wemo has API, I guess it could be easier to plug into its code.
              Yes, I saw that too. . .but then don't you lose the link into HS (unless they add multiple hubs into their plugin eventually)? There are many solutions and I suspect what most of us want out of a Zigbee is a way to bring all devices under one control center. . .

Comment

Indeed, that would be perfect to control all this stuff from one center (USB stick?), but as Rich said above, Zigbee is confusing.

I've got a bunch of Zigbee's crap, comparing to Z-wave it's useless and more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  Now we are starting to see how confusing Zigbee is!

It appears that the Wemo bulbs do support the standard HA Zigbee protocol, but that does not mean they will work with the Lightify hub. There is a good chance they will. We will try to get a bulb so we can test. Wemo was originally all WiFi, but I see some of their stuff is Zigbee.
                  I was just researching this too to try to help answer the question. If you google "osram lightify wemo" you actually get a Belkin page on adding the lightify bulbs to the wemo hub. I then went to Osram Lightify FAQ to try to determine if they list anything. Evidently their hub works with only their bulbs, and other Zigbee bulbs that support the LightLink protocol. It is a very short list of devices.

The first time I heard of Osram Lightify was when you announced this plugin. I am not aware of anyone having asked for support for these bulbs previously. They do seem nice though now that I have read about them. However people have been asking for Wink, Wemo, Smartthings hub integration for a while. It seems that any of those would support everything the Osram hub does and more. I have not looked at their respective API's; however, they have all been on the market, and have much larger device and user numbers than the lightify hub. So given the limited amount of HST programming resources, would it not be more efficient to invest that into something with more users and devices?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                  Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                  Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Agree with above: integration with Smartthings hub will solve most of the Zigbee questions..

Comment

Agree with above: integration with Smartthings hub will solve most of the Zigbee questions..
                      Yes. I have heard this mentioned before as well. . .if integration could be done without needing the cloud, it does seem this would draw in support for a much larger group of devices/developers. I would wonder about long term openness to being connected to directly from the home LAN.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
                        This was a result of Osram having a server in the US and one in Europe.

I have updated the plugin to allow users to specify the county to connect to.

The new version is 3.0.0.3
                        ... and I can confirm it's working perfectly! A big "thank you" to Wade!
                        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

+1 for smartthings. Seems like they have a robust API and developer community using it.

Comment

I was super excited when I got the news on the Zigbee plug-in support, but soon came back down to reality when I found out it's cloud based, device specific.

Not saying I wont try it, just saying this was not expected.

As others have said, direct plug-in support for the Wink or Smartthings hub would seem like a better solution for everyone, but I know nothing about what that would actually take to accomplish.

I suspect it's incredibly difficult as no third party direct connect plug-ins have been created by the community as of yet.
                            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                              ... and I can confirm it's working perfectly! A big "thank you" to Wade!
                              Unfortunately for me. . .I am getting the NOT successful message. . .tried both US and Europe as options. Plugin running on my Pi2 running HS Std. Is there a certain version of HS that needs to be running. . .haven't updated the main build in a while.

Comment

Version of HS3 should not matter, but I don't think we finished testing it on Linux, I am surprised it was enabled for Linux on the plugins page right now, will check with the developer when I get back to the office.

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                                Unfortunately for me. . .I am getting the NOT successful message. . .tried both US and Europe as options. Plugin running on my Pi2 running HS Std. Is there a certain version of HS that needs to be running. . .haven't updated the main build in a while.
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X