This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blake View Post
    I have a Commercial Electric Recessed Smart LED Downlight (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercia...6161/206029900) working via the Lightify app for both dimming and white color temp change, but no options that I see on Web Control or HSTouch for these options. I can only turn it on or off. Thoughts? I don't have any Osram Lightify products at the moment to see if it is just this device.

WORKING EDIT - I removed and re-added the device. Controls for both dimming and color temp are working for this device.
    I updated and deleted my lights in HS, then had the plugin create them again. . .but I am not seeing the controls for colors on my Lightify Flex RGBW string?

Comment

Any other suggestions for me?

I have completely reset the gateway.

Re-added my lights.

Changed my password.

I still cannot obtain a successful test.

Comment

Has anyone been able to get this Cree bulb to work with the Osram Lightify hub?
        Attached Files
        HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
        Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
        BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
          Has anyone been able to get this Cree bulb to work with the Osram Lightify hub?
          I believe that is the one I have connected at home. It has worked fine. That and a set of the Lightify RGBW lightstrips.

Comment

Mine is connected with a sucessful test for cloud connection.

What combination are you using for the serial number?

Originally posted by mbg0333 View Post

Re-added my lights.

Changed my password.

Comment

Zigbee with Elko dimmers and Thermostats.

Hello!

I am currently looking into a home automation system for my house, and are leaning towards Homeseer.
              The only thing that is holding me back is the current Zigbee implementation.

We have a Norwegian manufacturer named Elko which recently released their new (but limited) smarthome solution, based on Zigbee.
              Their solution only includes as far as I can tell, a small lineup of thermostats and dimmers. You can have a look here: http://privat.elko.no/smarthus/category1772.html

The reason I would like to use the Elko units is beacause they will fit in my current in-wall mounting boxes, and I am allready using their same design non-zigbee dimmers and thermostats in some rooms. So I will get an inplace replacement for old dimmers and thermorstats without any hassel.

But I havnt seen any mention of the Lightify supporting thermostats? (I might have missed it tho.)
              What are the chances of this working out of the box?
              Or is there any chance of a separate usb (or network) Zigbee adapter in the somewhat near future that will make this work?

Elko does sell its own gateway, but is has an very high pricetag of almost $1000.

Best regards,
              -Christer

Comment

Re-added my lights.

Changed my password.

I had to drop the "-5G" from the end of my serial number for it to accept the gateway and confirm the test successful. Try just entering the serial number up to the dash at the end?

Comment

Originally posted by ChristerSG View Post
                  Hello!

I am currently looking into a home automation system for my house, and are leaning towards Homeseer.

The only thing that is holding me back is the current Zigbee implementation.

We have a Norwegian manufacturer named Elko which recently released their new (but limited) smarthome solution, based on Zigbee.

Their solution only includes as far as I can tell, a small lineup of thermostats and dimmers. You can have a look here: http://privat.elko.no/smarthus/category1772.html

The reason I would like to use the Elko units is beacause they will fit in my current in-wall mounting boxes, and I am allready using their same design non-zigbee dimmers and thermostats in some rooms. So I will get an inplace replacement for old dimmers and thermorstats without any hassel.

But I havnt seen any mention of the Lightify supporting thermostats? (I might have missed it tho.)

What are the chances of this working out of the box?

Or is there any chance of a separate usb (or network) Zigbee adapter in the somewhat near future that will make this work?

Elko does sell its own gateway, but is has an very high pricetag of almost $1000.

Best regards,

-Christer

I personally wouldn't make plans on the beta Zigbee plugin.

Comment

Ok finally got connected.

The way the plug in was built with OSR0XXXX. I was assuming I just needed to fill in the XXXXXX.

Created a device with no problem with my light strips and succesfully controlled them.

Added a dimming switch via the app and wanted to creat the device in HS.

So hit create devices and got this.

Posting back to plugin web page ZigBee_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
                    Jan-22 2:35:49 PM

ZigBee Error: There was an exception in the 'Send' function: Cannot convert null to a value type.

I deleted my exisitng device and tried again and can now no longer add any devices.

Any ideas?

Comment

Adding additional devices & HS status not updating

I attached 2 Cree bulbs to the app and then used the used the create homeseer devices in the plugin. Both created just fine.

If I turn them off or on via the plug in, they turn off or on and the lightify app shows them as off or on. If I turn them on or off via the lightify app, homeseer does not update with the new status but the bulb does.

Also - I got 2 more bulbs and added them in the lightify app with no issue. I then went to the plugin and "assumed" I should just hit the create homeseer devices again. This worked but it also created new devices for the ones I already had. How do we get the plugin to only create devices for new devices added to zigbee?

Thanks,

Michael
                      HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Ok finally got connected.

The way the plug in was built with OSR0XXXX. I was assuming I just needed to fill in the XXXXXX.

Created a device with no problem with my light strips and succesfully controlled them.

Added a dimming switch via the app and wanted to creat the device in HS.

So hit create devices and got this.

Posting back to plugin web page ZigBee_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
                        Jan-22 2:35:49 PM

ZigBee Error: There was an exception in the 'Send' function: Cannot convert null to a value type.

I deleted my exisitng device and tried again and can now no longer add any devices.

Any ideas?

So I have now figured this out.

My problem started when I added a Lightify Dimming Switch.

I removed the dimming switch and I am able to create devices just fine.

I added the switch back and immediately started receiving the error above.

These switches were one of the main reasons I was excited since they come with the abiity to mount over an existing switch or inside a normal wall box.

Has anyone at HS tested the dimming switch?

Link for reference to switch

https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-LIGH...g+switch&psc=1

Comment

I was interested in those as well, but hadn't tried one yet.

Comment

So I have now figured this out.

My problem started when I added a Lightify Dimming Switch.

I removed the dimming switch and I am able to create devices just fine.

I added the switch back and immediately started receiving the error above.

These switches were one of the main reasons I was excited since they come with the abiity to mount over an existing switch or inside a normal wall box.

Has anyone at HS tested the dimming switch?

Link for reference to switch

https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-LIGH...g+switch&psc=1
                            I haven't had a chance to test one of these.

I will check to see if we can get one for testing.
                            Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Let me know if there is something I can do to help test.

I currently have two of these.

I am hoping to use these just as a button to launch another HS device or event since this device can be inwall mounted or over and existing paddle or toggle switch. This alone would mage the zigbee plugin awesome.

The app allows you to choose what device it controls but appears to also allow you to add it without pairing to another device. Which is how I envision using it.

I am going to add some garden spot lights hopefully tonight and see what kind of results I get.

Comment

5 days left...
                                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
                                X