Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I updated the plugin to run without the need of a license.

(I specifically re-coded it so that Moskus would still need a license though.) j/k
    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by mbg0333 View Post
      Let me know if there is something I can do to help test.

I currently have two of these.

I am hoping to use these just as a button to launch another HS device or event since this device can be inwall mounted or over and existing paddle or toggle switch. This alone would mage the zigbee plugin awesome.

The app allows you to choose what device it controls but appears to also allow you to add it without pairing to another device. Which is how I envision using it.

I am going to add some garden spot lights hopefully tonight and see what kind of results I get.
      They didn't have any local, so we ordered one from Amazon.

We should have it soon.
      Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
        They didn't have any local, so we ordered one from Amazon.

We should have it soon.
        Ok great.

Let me know if you need me to test a new version.

Comment

(I specifically re-coded it so that Moskus would still need a license though.) j/k
          Hahaha! If that turned out to be true, I would actually laugh.

But I updated before I saw your post, so I kind of spoiled it for myself...
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I only see 3.0.0.4 in the updater on my Linux install. . .is there something newer? I still see license expiring. . .

Also, what should the controls look like for being able to control the light color? My light strip still only shows the usual dimming bar. . .

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
              I only see 3.0.0.4 in the updater on my Linux install. . .is there something newer? I still see license expiring. . .

Also, what should the controls look like for being able to control the light color? My light strip still only shows the usual dimming bar. . .

Update showed up. Expiration gone. Still no color controls for my light strip.

Comment

You might want to disable the plugin, delete the light device, and re-enable the plugin to create devices again. This is how it works for some plugins.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

K. Will try. Deleted the devices without plugin disable 3+ time already.

Comment

Looks like disabling before deleting was the key! Thanks!

Comment

Having a weird time with the zigbee I don't have with Z-Wave.

I have 1 hub and now 6 bulbs. I have events that turn the lights on and off. Anywhere there is an event with multiple lights to control, I have a lingering bulb issue.

Example is living room. I have 2 lamps with Cree connected bulbs. I have an event that turns them on in the morning and off just after sunrise. Each day this week they both turn on but when the off event runs, one or the other does not go out. Exact same thing happens with 2 lamps in the family room. I know it is not a distance issue because the living room lamps are 6 and 8 feet from the hub.

Because the zigbee is using the cloud to get to the hub and back instead of using the hub directly, does it need to slow down the commands it sends?

I see other posts where lights are left on so I know I'm not the only one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael
                      HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

As a test can you disable the events in HomeSeer and then use the Lightify App to set your schedule. See if that works ok. If not, then we know its a communication issue with the hub to the bulb. If its ok, then it must be something with how the plugin is commanding the bulb. I don't know if the schedule is set in the hub or if its controlled by the cloud service.

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                        Having a weird time with the zigbee I don't have with Z-Wave.

I have 1 hub and now 6 bulbs. I have events that turn the lights on and off. Anywhere there is an event with multiple lights to control, I have a lingering bulb issue.

Example is living room. I have 2 lamps with Cree connected bulbs. I have an event that turns them on in the morning and off just after sunrise. Each day this week they both turn on but when the off event runs, one or the other does not go out. Exact same thing happens with 2 lamps in the family room. I know it is not a distance issue because the living room lamps are 6 and 8 feet from the hub.

Because the zigbee is using the cloud to get to the hub and back instead of using the hub directly, does it need to slow down the commands it sends?

I see other posts where lights are left on so I know I'm not the only one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

In regards to the switch, it can only be used to control devices locally. Unfortunately it does not send any information to its online database so we cannot tell if the switch is on or off, or if it is ever pressed.

So we cannot support the switch.

What you can do is monitor the device that the switch is controlling and if it changes state, you know the switch was pressed.

I would just use Z-Wave, you can use this, which does the same thing and is wall mountable:

https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...nt=20303474822

Originally posted by mbg0333 View Post
                          Let me know if there is something I can do to help test.

I currently have two of these.

I am hoping to use these just as a button to launch another HS device or event since this device can be inwall mounted or over and existing paddle or toggle switch. This alone would mage the zigbee plugin awesome.

The app allows you to choose what device it controls but appears to also allow you to add it without pairing to another device. Which is how I envision using it.

I am going to add some garden spot lights hopefully tonight and see what kind of results I get.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            In regards to the switch, it can only be used to control devices locally. Unfortunately it does not send any information to its online database so we cannot tell if the switch is on or off, or if it is ever pressed.

So we cannot support the switch.

What you can do is monitor the device that the switch is controlling and if it changes state, you know the switch was pressed.

I would just use Z-Wave, you can use this, which does the same thing and is wall mountable:

https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...nt=20303474822
                            That is unfortunate news. . .

I bought one of those ZWaves, but I have never installed it because its appearance is so different than a normal wall switch and it seems cheap. . .it looks like a bandaid to a problem, instead of something that integrates into your home. This Zigbee one looked like it would fit right into a wall normal wall plate. Maybe someone needs to rig a special wall plate that mounts a Minimote behind it (with buttons that pass through). . .hm. . .maybe I need a 3D printer now. . .lol.

Comment

The best solution is a Cooper scene controller, looks nice and has a lot of functionality. Just costs a bit more. The Zigbee one works the same as the one I posted, it mounts over an existing toggle switch. Will not mount over a Decora switch.

https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...nt=30234869964

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                              That is unfortunate news. . .

I bought one of those ZWaves, but I have never installed it because its appearance is so different than a normal wall switch and it seems cheap. . .it looks like a bandaid to a problem, instead of something that integrates into your home. This Zigbee one looked like it would fit right into a wall normal wall plate. Maybe someone needs to rig a special wall plate that mounts a Minimote behind it (with buttons that pass through). . .hm. . .maybe I need a 3D printer now. . .lol.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                                The best solution is a Cooper scene controller, looks nice and has a lot of functionality. Just costs a bit more. The Zigbee one works the same as the one I posted, it mounts over an existing toggle switch. Will not mount over a Decora switch.

https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...nt=30234869964
                                Ok. I hadn't actually purchased one of these Lightify ones, so I haven't seen it. I did pick up the Lutron (Zigbee) connected light remote (only $22). . .which looks great, but it says it only works with Wink, and I couldn't get anything to recognize it with the Lightify app, so I returned it. I actually saw the Wink hub at HD for $39, so maybe I just need one of those and connect it with HS over IFTTT. Then I can get Zigbee connectivity to non-lightbulb devices.

As far as the cooper device. It actually does not fill the same niche. I and many others are looking for a switch that can be mounted anywhere and doesn't need to be hardwired into electricity. The new GE smart remotes (which seem to be actual vaporware) would fill this niche.

Comment

Working...
                                X