X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simplextech
    replied
    Originally posted by logman View Post

Homeseer touting this as their Zigbee integration would be like a city putting 3 bicycles out on the sidewalk and saying they offer municipal transportation services.
    Do you live near me???

Leave a comment:

• logman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountainman View Post

I'd like to hear more from users of the current ZigBee plug-in as to how reliable their setup has been.
    I'm curious too, is anybody successfully using this plugin to manage more than 2 or 3 lights? Anybody? And if so, are they white lights or RGBW lights? I spent 2 days testing it trying to get it to control 10 RGBW lights and gave up.

For me this plugin is a joke and an embarrassment for Homeseer. It's a resource hog, stops responding every few hours and must be restarted. It's painfully slow waiting for lights to respond to commands and it ignores color settings. And by the way, none of that is related to the hub because it works super fast and flawless with the Lightify app.

Homeseer touting this as their Zigbee integration would be like a city putting 3 bicycles out on the sidewalk and saying they offer municipal transportation services.

Leave a comment:

• Mountainman
    replied
    ZigBee versions of the HomeSeer switches would be enticing. I'm sure the ZigBee plug-in would need custom software to make it work with each device, but that is no different than what is happening now with Z-Wave devices. HST seems to be spending lots of time tweaking the Z-Wave plug-in for all the device nuances. If you are going to spend time doing custom software, you might as well use a protocol that works.

I'd like to hear more from users of the current ZigBee plug-in as to how reliable their setup has been.

Leave a comment:

• Timon
    replied
    If Zigbee is solid it would be nice see a ZigBee version of the 200 series devices with the RGB status.

Leave a comment:

• Mountainman
    replied
    It would be great if Zigbee got as much HS development as Z-Wave. I was sorely disappointed when Z-Wave came out many years ago and they re-invented the wheel with a proprietary protocol. Their wheel didn't turn out to be round and they have been trying to fix it ever since. I have been satisfied with control of Z-Wave devices from HomeSeer, but the reporting of status simply isn't reliable with the original Z-Wave spec (even with a direct hop).

Zigbee uses an IEEE protocol that appears to work (have not used it myself). It seems poised for success from a technical standpoint. Success or failure will probably come down to interoperability at the software level with Amazon and Google voice stuff since that is where the mass market is headed.

Leave a comment:

• logman
    replied
    And while I'm in gripe mode, what's up with the new API not passing the white balance and saturation back to HS? No CT child device and no saturation child device. There should be 3 child devices but we're only getting 1. It also doesn't bring in the device friendly name nor any groups created in the Lightify app. So once you get all that work hand duplicated into HS you basically end up with an on/off button.

Zigbee is a great platform and is superior to Z-Wave for certain applications (lights and battery operated sensors, for example). Have you ever seen a "Repair Zigbee Network" button? Nope, because it's always analyzing the mesh network to find the most efficient route to the endpoint. Z-Wave can hop 4 times from the router and Zigbee can hop 40 times. When you put Zigbee lights in a group they each know the other group members and work in concert to turn on and off in perfect sync. Zigbee devices are also normally cheaper, I'm guessing probably because of lower licensing fees back to the Zigbee Alliance vs. Z-Wave Alliance (the basic hardware is practically the same).

It's a shame we have such a powerful platform with HS but such a sorry excuse for Zigbee integration. I know resources are limited and all that. But then you look at Hubitat, which probably consists of around a half-dozen guys, and they come out of the chute with a respectable Z-Wave and Zigbee hub. Coming from the SmartThings world they realize the importance of having each.

Well, that's enough rant. It's not my company and none of my business on how it's managed (or not managed). As a customer I either choose to do business with HS or I don't. Fair enough.

--Barry

Leave a comment:

• logman
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    As for the event issue, that is my issue in HS and I will get that fixed.
    Four months later and the issue has not been fixed yet. I'm not much of a programmer, but isn't this just a simple .NET Postback issue? What I do know is that when you go to setting up events with dozens of bulbs it's annoying to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    Originally posted by slbuck View Post
    I removed the old devices and created new ones and it's now working. Is this something we're going to have to do after each plugin update? I have about 20 events tied to the lights and it's a little tedious to re-link all the events with the new devices.

Also, I'm seeing an issue when trying to change the colors on both lights in the same control a device item. If I add the second light, I'm not able to change the color on the first light in the list and I can't collapse the event by clicking the triangle on the right. Here's a screen shot of the two events. The first one is with both lights together. The work around is to create a separate control event for each light that you want to change the color. Turning them off/on/dim doesn't have the same issue.
    I posted the same bug back on the 20th.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Shultz
    replied
    What he said.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Lightify totally changed their API, so the device ID that they gave us with the previous API no longer matched the new ID in the new API. So there was no way to match the devices. I suspect they will not do this again so you should not have to re-add devices every time we update the plugin.

As for the event issue, that is my issue in HS and I will get that fixed.

I removed the old devices and created new ones and it's now working. Is this something we're going to have to do after each plugin update? I have about 20 events tied to the lights and it's a little tedious to re-link all the events with the new devices.

Also, I'm seeing an issue when trying to change the colors on both lights in the same control a device item. If I add the second light, I'm not able to change the color on the first light in the list and I can't collapse the event by clicking the triangle on the right. Here's a screen shot of the two events. The first one is with both lights together. The work around is to create a separate control event for each light that you want to change the color. Turning them off/on/dim doesn't have the same issue.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbucka
    replied
    Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
    To use the new protocols for Lightify, you need to create new devices to link to their server.

We received the Gardenspot bulbs today and they appear to work with the plugin without issue.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Shultz
    replied
    I shouldn't have to re-create the devices should I? I would have to re-create multiple events that reference the existing devices and that's a pain.
    To use the new protocols for Lightify, you need to create new devices to link to their server.

We received the Gardenspot bulbs today and they appear to work with the plugin without issue.

Leave a comment:

• dbmet
    replied
    Forgot to mention that I updated to the latest beta and then did the new token and refresh tokens.

I shouldn't have to re-create the devices should I? I would have to re-create multiple events that reference the existing devices and that's a pain.

Current Date/Time: 6/26/2018 11:44:49 AM

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.449

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

System Uptime: 0 Days 18 Hours 16 Minutes 47 Seconds

IP Address:

Number of Devices: 717

Number of Events: 556

Available Threads: 400

HSTouch Enabled: True

Event Threads: 0

Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0

Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0

Device Exec Queue: 0

HSTouch Event Queue: 0

Email Send Queue: 0

Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins

3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger

3.0.0.40: EnvisaLink

3.0.0.30: EnvisaLinkAdemco

1.3.2.0: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat

3.0.1.7: HSZigBee

3.0.0.14: NetCAM

2.1.6.7: OpenSprinkler

3.0.1.114: PHLocation

3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health

3.1.0.22: Sonos

3.0.6647.37642: UltraLighting3

3.0.0.88: weatherXML

3.0.2.224: Z-Wave

Yes after trying the token thing a few times I deleted all my devices and then created new devices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Chewbucka
    replied
    Forgot to mention that I updated to the latest beta and then did the new token and refresh tokens.

Current Date/Time: 6/26/2018 11:44:49 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.449
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 18 Hours 16 Minutes 47 Seconds
    IP Address:
    Number of Devices: 717
    Number of Events: 556
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.40: EnvisaLink
    3.0.0.30: EnvisaLinkAdemco
    1.3.2.0: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
    3.0.1.7: HSZigBee
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    2.1.6.7: OpenSprinkler
    3.0.1.114: PHLocation
    3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
    3.1.0.22: Sonos
    3.0.6647.37642: UltraLighting3
    3.0.0.88: weatherXML
    3.0.2.224: Z-Wave

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Shultz
    replied
    I had Rich order a starter set of the Gardenspot lights so I can run them here to replicate the issue.

They should be here on Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X