X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chewbucka
    replied
    Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
    I put out a new version of the plugin (3.0.1.7)

The color selected stays when the device management page is refreshed.

I'll keep a look here this weekend for anything you might have an issue with.
    Are you working on a way to set the color via an event? Right now, I can only use this plugin as a simple on/off/dim control. I have these setup with another group of color bulbs and it would be nice to be able to change these when the other bulbs change color. Right now, I have to manually change the color via the device management page.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Shultz
    replied
    I put out a new version of the plugin (3.0.1.7)

The server selection is now loaded when restarting the plugin.

The light portion of the color device group now turns on if you select a new color.

The color selected stays when the device management page is refreshed.

A new device is created only when a device does not have a corresponding Lightify device associated with it: ie: A new device will not be created until you
    delete the device in HomeSeer or in Lightify.

Please note that right now if you want to recreate a device in a group, you need to remove the whole group and recreate them all (As in a colored light has two devices..., a color device and a light device. If you need to recreate one, they both need to be removed.)

I'll keep a look here this weekend for anything you might have an issue with.

Leave a comment:

• Jobee
    replied
    I have .449 and the new zigbee and my devices are not responding at all. This is in the log:

Jun-21 20:31:23 ZigBee Error: Command returned an error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
    Jun-21 20:30:53 ZigBee Error: Command returned an error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
    Jun-21 20:30:51 ZigBee Error: Command returned an error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
    Jun-21 20:30:49 ZigBee Error: Command returned an error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
    Jun-21 20:30:46 ZigBee Error: Command returned an error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

Is the Lightify down? Anyone else having issues?

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    RJH, Bug...

Lightify app: If Light is Off and you set the color, the light turns on... as expected

Homeseer... setting the color on the device (manually or with event) does nothing - Lights do not turn on. You must set the color and then turn the light on.

thx

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Its just more work on Windows, bigger fish to fry. If you subscribe to the HS3 Beta release notes thread you will get an email whenever a new beta is posted with the notes in the email. I think this works fine. If you make it too easy for users to load a beta, they end up breaking their system since they don't normally create backups or know how to go back.

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    I updated my last/below post with a Bug

If a change log in the Update existed (instead of dead or wrong links named "Release Info")... or even better, some basic smarts in HS3 that told us, when we go to install an updated plugin, "this plugin requires build XYZ to work properly"
    ... if you ever hope that HS is widely adopted you really need to step it up on the UX.

I dont understand why Windows is a 'pain'... MSI and MSP, by default, have patching capabilities. HS3 with Admin rights can download MSI/MSP, shutdown HS3, and install, and restart HS3. Seems pretty basic. Not as basic as what I mention above, but the code for all this already exists in thousands of apps and I'm sure you can find it in open source code on Github to use.

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    I updated my last/below post with a Bug

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    I posted 449 with notes a few posts back in this thread so I thought everyone would have seen it, sorry for the confusion.

The Linux version has that Beta update option in setup, but Windows is a pain as it uses the Windows installer so no provision for beta updates there.

If a change log in the Update existed (instead of dead or wrong links named "Release Info")... or even better, some basic smarts in HS3 that told us, when we go to install an updated plugin, "this plugin requires build XYZ to work properly"
    ... if you ever hope that HS is widely adopted you really need to step it up on the UX.

I dont understand why Windows is a 'pain'... MSI and MSP, by default, have patching capabilities. HS3 with Admin rights can download MSI/MSP, shutdown HS3, and install, and restart HS3. Seems pretty basic. Not as basic as what I mention above, but the code for all this already exists in thousands of apps and I'm sure you can find it in open source code on Github to use.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    The Linux version has that Beta update option in setup, but Windows is a pain as it uses the Windows installer so no provision for beta updates there.

Rich I appreciate you fixing this but PLEASE be specific when you post updates that you let people know EXACTLY what is needed. 'latest' is not a build number. I wasted a lot of time last night vs if you had said... "install the newest beta, it has required fixes for this'

better, if HS3 had an updater that could install a new build/beta <required jab for missing feature most free software has>

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    I posted 449 with notes a few posts back in this thread so I thought everyone would have seen it, sorry for the confusion.

Rich I appreciate you fixing this but PLEASE be specific when you post updates that you let people know EXACTLY what is needed. 'latest' is not a build number. I wasted a lot of time last night vs if you had said... "install the newest beta, it has required fixes for this'

better, if HS3 had an updater that could install a new build/beta <required jab for missing feature most free software has>

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    Found a BUG in 449...

If you choose a color and there is only 1 device being set in the stack, then it works. If you have multiple devices in the stack, the ONLY device that can be set is the last (bottom) one in the stack. The others will revert to the default color

Rich I appreciate this being worked on but PLEASE be specific to what is necessary for updates/features to work. Let us know EXACTLY what is needed... 'latest' is not a build number. I wasted a lot of time last night vs if you had said... "install the newest beta, it has required fixes for this'

Attached Files
    Last edited by Ltek; June 20, 2018, 08:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    No, 449 or later,

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241

'latest HS3' means...435?

Issues with 3.0.1.6...

1. I deleted my 4 devices... then I clicked the button to Create the devices. I didnt realize it had clicked a few times. So now I have 9 devices. And, they are all named the SAME. This doesnt make it easy to identify the devices... imagine if you have 10 or 20, etc

2. When using Polling, Device Status/control section is not updating Color code w/ colored background fill. (See screenshot).

3. Event color picker doesnt work... shows list of #s (see screenshot)

4. Event dropdown to pick device is missing Lightify devices (see screenshots). All devices show up properly in the Device Mgmt screen and on Imperihome plugin screen dropdowns

Please put smarts into the plugin...

a. Do not create multiple devices of the same device.
    b. Use the names Lightly uses so we can, by default, know what devices are what.
    c. Don't required us to delete devices and recreate when you make code changes/enhancements. Have the plugin 'replace' existing. This way we don't need to rebuild ALL our Events and UIs.

thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    You will need to delete the color device and add it back. Also, make sure you update to the latest HS3 I posted.
    'latest HS3' means...435?

Issues with 3.0.1.6...

1. I deleted my 4 devices... then I clicked the button to Create the devices. I didnt realize it had clicked a few times. So now I have 9 devices. And, they are all named the SAME. This doesnt make it easy to identify the devices... imagine if you have 10 or 20, etc

2. When using Polling, Device Status/control section is not updating Color code w/ colored background fill. (See screenshot).

3. Event color picker doesnt work... shows list of #s (see screenshot)

4. Event dropdown to pick device is missing Lightify devices (see screenshots). All devices show up properly in the Device Mgmt screen and on Imperihome plugin screen dropdowns

Please put smarts into the plugin...

a. Do not create multiple devices of the same device.
    b. Use the names Lightly uses so we can, by default, know what devices are what.
    c. Don't required us to delete devices and recreate when you make code changes/enhancements. Have the plugin 'replace' existing. This way we don't need to rebuild ALL our Events and UIs.

thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ltek; June 20, 2018, 12:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    You will need to delete the color device and add it back. Also, make sure you update to the latest HS3 I posted.

3.0.1.6 has no color selection from events, only the device mgmt screen.

I even restarted HS3 completely.

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    We posted an update to the zigbee plugin. This one is required if you want to control color bulbs from events.

3.0.1.6 has no color selection from events, only the device mgmt screen.

I even restarted HS3 completely.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    We posted an update to the zigbee plugin. This one is required if you want to control color bulbs from events.

Leave a comment:

• fuzzysb
    replied
    its late i will upload my hubitat stuff to github tomorro, will post here once its up

Leave a comment:

Working...
X