X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    BTW, if you had top notch Zwave support at least you could say your efforts were going there, but your Zwave support also lacks in many ways compared to major hub vendors (ST, Vera, Wink, etc).
    OK I'll bite. How is our Z-Wave support lacking "in many ways" compared to those vendors? Please be specific so I know you're being serious.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    HS supports more Z-Wave devices than any other vendor and we offer the ability to set parameters, offer settings for parameters on many devices, support EU devices, offer firmware updating, and S2 support is coming out soon (no other hub has S2 support).

And we have a ST system set up here, so I know it hardly supports any of the devices HS supports. It does not support central scene, irrigation, Notifcation classes (partial), any many of the updated versions of existing classes. It also does not support multiple Z-Wave interfaces, or Ethernet Z-Wave interfaces, or backing up your network, or any diagnostics. Go ahead and try to get a log of your Z-Wave traffic or troubleshoot a node that is not working properly. Try and set up polling on a device to keep the status updated (yes, it has some kind of auto polling, but its global on everything!) And, Z-Wave still works if your Internet or their hosting service is down.

Zigbee is still a mess. But we support any device that the Lightify system supports. This covers most of the devices that the other vendors support.

Plus, I would say that Z-Wave devices now compare in prices to Zigbee, so there really isn't a reason to go that way.

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    @RJH
    IMO stepping up to provide proper support for ZigBee is appropriate given the increase in cheap/reliable Zigbee devices and that major manufactures are supporting it, and integrating into thier devices (like Amazon, Philips, Osram, etc).

I understand the complexities/details but your efforts thus far are minimal at best. You don't even have posted compatibility list - HS verified, user verified, etc.

BTW, if you had top notch Zwave support at least you could say your efforts were going there, but your Zwave support also lacks in many ways compared to major hub vendors (ST, Vera, Wink, etc).

I'm not trying to be mean or disrespectful, but Device support in HS3 is disappointing (and far more difficult to use) in so many ways, comparing to other mainstream HA controllers/hubs.

I'd be happy to discuss with you - I have much of the gaps documented for my HS3 review I will post this holiday.

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    You see the problem with the Zigbee, no real compatibility, it will be like herding cats trying to keep up. What we have at least gets us supporting a good chunk of devices. We do not intend on expanding the support at this time. I would contact the Lightify people and see if they can add support for the devices you want.

Are there no Z-Wave devices that will do the same function? Tell me what the device does and maybe I know of a Z-Wave device that will work.
    @RJH
    IMO stepping up to provide proper support for ZigBee is appropriate given the increase in cheap/reliable Zigbee devices and that major manufactures are supporting it, and integrating into thier devices (like Amazon, Philips, Osram, etc).

I understand the complexities/details but your efforts thus far are minimal at best. You don't even have posted compatibility list - HS verified, user verified, etc.

I'm not trying to be mean or disrespectful, but Device support in HS3 is disappointing (and far more difficult to use) in so many ways, comparing to other mainstream HA controllers/hubs.

I'd be happy to discuss with you - I have much of the gaps documented for my HS3 review I will post this holiday.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I too am interested in Wemo Link support or at least some guidance in terms of writing my first plugin. As a brand new HS3 Pro user, I have no idea yet what level of technical difficulty that may entail...

Leave a comment:

• Jobee
    replied
    ZigBee Errors

The following errors started showing up today:

Apr-23 02:10:43 Error Calling HSEvent in plugin HSZigBee, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Apr-23 02:10:00 Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin HSZigBee:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Apr-23 02:05:43 Error Calling HSEvent in plugin HSZigBee, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Apr-23 02:05:00 Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin HSZigBee:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Noting has changed in setup or events. What is needed to track this down?

Michael

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    My classic A60 RGBW lighth bulb does not work at all.

It doesn't report status, and I can't dim it. European server.

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    We moved it to the lighting section of the plugins page, so its out of beta.

If a device works with the Lightify gateway, it should work with the plugin.
    I'm curious, why not call it the Osram Lightify plugin then? It seems quite confusing to call it a zigbee plugin.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    You see the problem with the Zigbee, no real compatibility, it will be like herding cats trying to keep up. What we have at least gets us supporting a good chunk of devices. We do not intend on expanding the support at this time. I would contact the Lightify people and see if they can add support for the devices you want.

Are there no Z-Wave devices that will do the same function? Tell me what the device does and maybe I know of a Z-Wave device that will work.

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
    I guess I missed the transition, but hadn't seen activity in a long time. . .unfortunately, the devices I was hoping to connect don't work with the gateway. . .they talk to other ZigBee devices directly.

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied

I guess I missed the transition, but hadn't seen activity in a long time. . .unfortunately, the devices I was hoping to connect don't work with the gateway. . .they talk to other ZigBee devices directly.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
    Is this beta plugin complete?

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    Is this beta plugin complete?

Leave a comment:

• connoleg
    replied
    +1

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jobee
    replied
    Yes, you are not alone. As a work around what I did was put waits in between actions in my events. 4 seconds seem to be the lowest I can go and still have it work every time.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dbmet
    replied
    Just curious if anyone else's osram zigbee lights actually work with this. 1 out of 4 times my lights turn off with Homeseer. They turn on fine everytime with the osram app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X