X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TechFan View Post
    Are there more enhancements coming? Still not sure why I lost control of my devices.
    I had to reset my gateway and all devices, re-add them, and import them again to regain control.

Earlier, I had mentioned that the RGBW light wasn't showing the correct brightness status in the web interface. I added the lights in reverse order this time and it seem the second imported device is not showing the correct on/off status. . .light control still works.

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    Are there more enhancements coming? Still not sure why I lost control of my devices.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Zigbee is a mess in regards to compatibility. You mention Iris, we looked at the Iris devices, and while it is possible to control them with a standard Zigbee interface, they made changes to the protocol so the devices only work on an Iris network. It will be really hard to create a Zigbee interface that works with everything unless you do some reverse engineering.
    I know some of the team that worked on IRIS, PM me if you would like to know more

Leave a comment:

• trcobb
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Can I ask why you want to use the Zigbee remote?
    That opens the doorway for things like door sensors (with temp reporting), motion detectors, etc.

I was starting to migrate away from my HS2 built to IRIS since it seemed to be the lowest cost to another controller, and slowly away from X-10. (Yeah, HS 1.7 veteran here).

Since I started building out some zigbee and Z-wave, getting HS3 running with those things would be a surefire way to get me back into the HS fold on a Raspberry Pi... providing HS Voice clients work with it, There's a way for a CM-11 to run on it, etc.

So... am I fooling myself, or is there a new place for me at the Homeseer table?

PS: yeah, the PCI modem will have to go. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Jobee
    replied
    Error trying to Create Homeseer Devices

I have the hub connected to the cloud and the plug is gives me a success when testing connection to the cloud but when I try to add devices (I have just one bulb as of today) I get the following error in the log:

Jan-15 20:10:47 Error Posting back to plugin web page ZigBee_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
    Jan-15 20:10:47 ZigBee Error: Command returned an error

Leave a comment:

• dbmet
    replied
    I tried mine 3 hours after I posted and the cloud and device is working . I tried it again this morning and it still works.. Weird stuff going on

Cloud connection working here. No errors in log, even though device control fails.

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    Originally posted by dbmet View Post
    Mine isn't working now either. Testing cloud connection doesnt work.
    Cloud connection working here. No errors in log, even though device control fails.

Leave a comment:

• dbmet
    replied
    Mine isn't working now either. Testing cloud connection doesnt work.

Mine also stopped responding earlier in the week. . .but didn't have time to dig into it and forgot to even actually check the detailed logs.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    Later today, HSZigbee will be added to the beta section of the HS3 updater. This new plug-in will initially provide on-off-dim support for Zigbee LightLink bulbs using the Osram Lightify gateway. A brief explanation of the integration is available on our main site at this page: http://homeseer.com/zigbee.html

Please post questions, comments and suggestions to this forum.

The "release" information in the HS3 updater, about this plugin links to the HS store. I could find no information via this link. You might want to fix this.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Jobee
    replied
    Cannot get plugin to connect to account - Fixed

My hub came in today. I setup an account using the Android app (it was a pain). I put in the hub and plugged it in. I found the network and attached with my tablet. I entered the password for the home wifi and saved it. The hub attached to the home wifi and turned green.

I went into the plug in and turned it on. I entered the S/N, email and password. I tried the connect to the cloud and it failed. This was in the log:

Jan-13 19:59:32 ZigBee Error: There was an exception in the 'Send' function: Invalid JSON primitive: Object.
    Jan-13 19:59:32 ZigBee Error: There was an exception retreiving the authorization token

Do I need to reset the hub and try again?

BTW - the plugin has a misspelling in the log... "retreiving" should be retrieving.

I got it fixed. There was an update to the hub. I once I took the update to the hub and hub gateway and it restarted, the plugin was able to connect to the cloud.
    Last edited by Jobee; January 13, 2017, 09:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    I just went down to the basement, and noticed my Zigbee bulb was turned on. I tried turning it off, but:
    Code:
    jan-13 23:07:46  ZigBee Error: Command returned an error 
    jan-13 23:07:46   ZigBee Error:   There was an exception retreiving the authorization token
    Mine also stopped responding earlier in the week. . .but didn't have time to dig into it and forgot to even actually check the detailed logs.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    I just went down to the basement, and noticed my Zigbee bulb was turned on. I tried turning it off, but:
    Code:
    jan-13 23:07:46  ZigBee Error: Command returned an error 
    jan-13 23:07:46   ZigBee Error:   There was an exception retreiving the authorization token

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    HSZigbee Now In Beta

This whole zigbee thing is very confusing! I am just starting to learn about it because it seems that there are now several major companies (Samsung, Sylvania, GE, Apple, etc ) that are heavily investing in the Zigbee protocol. I know there are many variations on Zigbee and there are a lot of compatibility issues between devices from different companies. In my opinion Zigbee will become a dominant protocol in future home automation (commercial iOT as well) products. That said, to continue to be successful, HS3 must have plugins to allow it to talk to the diverse array of zigbee products.

Homeseer is particularly well positioned to be very successful with Zigbee because of how well it works with plugins. However, I hope we do not end up with a new HS3 plugin for every Zigbee flavor of the month! I for one, am not willing to pay $40-60 for a hub for each flavor then another $30-60 for each HS3 plugin for that flavor.

I have ordered a Lutron Casseta Starter kit which should arrive today. I will evaluate it and see how it works with Apple HomeKit and my current HS3 setup. Hopefully at some point soon, I will be able to control it via Homeseer.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Steve Q; January 10, 2017, 02:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    ... but there are only 17 days left of the trial. And I'm a Pro user.

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    So, I thought that was the remote I had found and liked in HomeDepot. . .unfortunately, the nice one is the Lutron Connected Bulb Remote Control, which apparently can only connect with the Link hub. . .hopefully GE actually creates theirs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X