X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechFan
    replied
    Yes, the test has succeeded and I can control my test ZigBee bulb (Cree Connected).

Strange that you are saying that their app has this same issue. . .it didn't happen to me. . .I entered the whole Serial manually (didn't take picture of QR code since it was already plugged in) and it worked fine.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    So you got it working with Linux?

We will modify the plugin so it automatically removes the stuff after the dash in case you enter it, seems to trip up a lot of users. Not sure why they just don't remove it on their end as its a problem with their app also!

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
    Leaving off the - (dash) part of the serial number fixed the connectivity for me as well.

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    Leaving off the - (dash) part of the serial number fixed the connectivity for me as well.

Leave a comment:

• trcobb
    replied
    Well... you guys might just make me upgrade to HS3 instead of switching brands yet.

Zigbee + no cloud would be a major win!

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    K. Will try that too. Didn't exclude that in lightify app, so didn't do in HS either.

Leave a comment:

• mk1 black limited
    replied
    I had a problem getting the plugin to connect until I read that when you enter the serial number of the gateway, you have to stop writing when you get to the '-' near the end.

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    Ok. Let me know. I figured it could be linux. . .actually listed in the updater twice for some reason. . .

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Version of HS3 should not matter, but I don't think we finished testing it on Linux, I am surprised it was enabled for Linux on the plugins page right now, will check with the developer when I get back to the office.

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
    Unfortunately for me. . .I am getting the NOT successful message. . .tried both US and Europe as options. Plugin running on my Pi2 running HS Std. Is there a certain version of HS that needs to be running. . .haven't updated the main build in a while.

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    ... and I can confirm it's working perfectly! A big "thank you" to Wade!
    Unfortunately for me. . .I am getting the NOT successful message. . .tried both US and Europe as options. Plugin running on my Pi2 running HS Std. Is there a certain version of HS that needs to be running. . .haven't updated the main build in a while.

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    I was super excited when I got the news on the Zigbee plug-in support, but soon came back down to reality when I found out it's cloud based, device specific.

Not saying I wont try it, just saying this was not expected.

As others have said, direct plug-in support for the Wink or Smartthings hub would seem like a better solution for everyone, but I know nothing about what that would actually take to accomplish.

I suspect it's incredibly difficult as no third party direct connect plug-ins have been created by the community as of yet.

Leave a comment:

• simonmason
    replied
    +1 for smartthings. Seems like they have a robust API and developer community using it.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
    This was a result of Osram having a server in the US and one in Europe.

I have updated the plugin to allow users to specify the county to connect to.

The new version is 3.0.0.3
    ... and I can confirm it's working perfectly! A big "thank you" to Wade!

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    Originally posted by adanchenko View Post
    Agree with above: integration with Smartthings hub will solve most of the Zigbee questions..
    Yes. I have heard this mentioned before as well. . .if integration could be done without needing the cloud, it does seem this would draw in support for a much larger group of devices/developers. I would wonder about long term openness to being connected to directly from the home LAN.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Agree with above: integration with Smartthings hub will solve most of the Zigbee questions..

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Now we are starting to see how confusing Zigbee is!

It appears that the Wemo bulbs do support the standard HA Zigbee protocol, but that does not mean they will work with the Lightify hub. There is a good chance they will. We will try to get a bulb so we can test. Wemo was originally all WiFi, but I see some of their stuff is Zigbee.
    I was just researching this too to try to help answer the question. If you google "osram lightify wemo" you actually get a Belkin page on adding the lightify bulbs to the wemo hub. I then went to Osram Lightify FAQ to try to determine if they list anything. Evidently their hub works with only their bulbs, and other Zigbee bulbs that support the LightLink protocol. It is a very short list of devices.

The first time I heard of Osram Lightify was when you announced this plugin. I am not aware of anyone having asked for support for these bulbs previously. They do seem nice though now that I have read about them. However people have been asking for Wink, Wemo, Smartthings hub integration for a while. It seems that any of those would support everything the Osram hub does and more. I have not looked at their respective API's; however, they have all been on the market, and have much larger device and user numbers than the lightify hub. So given the limited amount of HST programming resources, would it not be more efficient to invest that into something with more users and devices?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X