This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
    Do you mean "Google Chromecast Audio" or actual Audiocast?
    Specifically Grace Digital CastDock X2 - Chromecast Audio

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I was going to get Google Chromecast audio for testing - but found that it's now discontinued.
      I can try to help you if you explain what the problem is and what you tried to do to fix it. In my plugin I continuously communicate with the device to make sure the connection is alive.
      I suspect the problem is with the currently running application in the device - if it's same default app required for playing TTS mp3 - it works immediately.
      If it's some different app (i.e. spotify) - I need to load the default app and wait for it to be started before making the TTS announcement. Most examples have fixed 3-5 seconds timeout to make sure the app changes. In my code I wait asynchronously for the correct app to start, but still have maximum wait time 3 seconds (default).
      So if the app doesn't start within 3 seconds - it doesn't work. But if you try again - it will work the second time.
      If it's the case - I can increase maximum timeout (make it configurable) - it shouldn't affect normal operation.

Comment

I was going to get Google Chromecast audio for testing - but found that it's now discontinued.
        I can try to help you if you explain what the problem is and what you tried to do to fix it. In my plugin I continuously communicate with the device to make sure the connection is alive.
        I suspect the problem is with the currently running application in the device - if it's same default app required for playing TTS mp3 - it works immediately.
        If it's some different app (i.e. spotify) - I need to load the default app and wait for it to be started before making the TTS announcement. Most examples have fixed 3-5 seconds timeout to make sure the app changes. In my code I wait asynchronously for the correct app to start, but still have maximum wait time 3 seconds (default).
        So if the app doesn't start within 3 seconds - it doesn't work. But if you try again - it will work the second time.
        If it's the case - I can increase maximum timeout (make it configurable) - it shouldn't affect normal operation.
        I don't know which device is sleeping (the AudioCast or the Grace Digital) but what I have to do to get TTS to work (for complete announcement) is to send a 4 second 20Hz audio file, along with a timing dance to get it to work about 70% of the time.

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Do you use the device for anything else - or just HomeSeer? I mean - if you use it for any other app - do you notice a difference when switching from the other app to HS, or just sending TTS from HS without switching?

As I said - it may be not sleeping problem - but switching apps.

Comment

Do you use the device for anything else - or just HomeSeer? I mean - if you use it for any other app - do you notice a difference when switching from the other app to HS, or just sending TTS from HS without switching?

As I said - it may be not sleeping problem - but switching apps.
            1) Yes I use Google Music along with Plex,
            2) Everything is delayed when sent to the Grace Digitals.
            3) The delay is present with back to back (after the unit goes into standby/sleep mode) TTS from HS; BUT is not delayed if the 10 seconds has NOT elapsed.

I looked at the user manual for the Grace Digital, and this is what I found

Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-06-22_16-42-30.png Views:	0 Size:	194.6 KB ID:	1311950
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I found that others send 15 GHz audio to prevent it from sleeping. That's the only option...

Comment

Here’s what I was thinking of for Homeseer https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2...-cast-preview/

Comment

It's using Lovelace (Home Assistant user interface). I'll have a look...

Comment

7. And I'm investigating how to store currently running application and media to be able to interrupt it with TTS announcement - and then restore previous media.
                    That would be cool, and have asked about that on the forums before.

Additional Request:
                    Some IP Cameras are integrated natively with the Google Hub, and will display the Video on the hub or chromecast. Is there anyway for your plugin to have HS Actions that would allow ANY camera feed to be displayed on one of the google devices?
                    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
                      Additional Request:
                      Some IP Cameras are integrated natively with the Google Hub, and will display the Video on the hub or chromecast. Is there anyway for your plugin to have HS Actions that would allow ANY camera feed to be displayed on one of the google devices?
                      I'm looking into this, but better place for requests is here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...atures-request

Comment

Any progress on #7? Resuming media after TTS?
                        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
                          Any progress on #7? Resuming media after TTS?
                          In general that could be impossible at the moment. Only for known apps it may be possible. What media app are you talking about in particular?

Comment

I sometimes send SoundCloud to a speaker group via my phone. I realize reconnecting to the original app after TTS may be impossible, but could it be possible to at least resume the current track at the correct track location?

To complicate matters, my TTS speaker group is different than my music speaker group. Right now, if my music group is playing music and TTS goes off, all the speakers connected to TTS are no longer playing music while the Chromecasts that are not playing TTS continue to play music.. At this point SoundCloud app is confused and doesn't realize it's casting. I need to re-cast to the music speaker group to get them all playing music again.
                            HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                            Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

I sometimes send SoundCloud to a speaker group via my phone. I realize reconnecting to the original app after TTS may be impossible, but could it be possible to at least resume the current track at the correct track location?
                              There's no API for "resume" (yet - Google is always evolving), but if it's an app which I have Cast API for (i.e. Youtube or Spotify) - I could remember current track and then resume after TTS. I'll have a look at SoundCloud, and if you send me app ID it may help.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	googleApp.PNG
Views:	720
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	1326639
                              To complicate matters, my TTS speaker group is different than my music speaker group. Right now, if my music group is playing music and TTS goes off, all the speakers connected to TTS are no longer playing music while the Chromecasts that are not playing TTS continue to play music.. At this point SoundCloud app is confused and doesn't realize it's casting. I need to re-cast to the music speaker group to get them all playing music again.
                              Yeah, if groups are different - it may be impossible

Comment

Unfortunately I don't know the app ID. I'm using the other plugin right now and considering a switch. I don't think the app ID is visible in the other plugin.

Comment

Working...
                                X