This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DBNet View Post
    MY BAD!!!! I found this thread in a search and thought it was a general support thread. I did not see the plugin had its own forum section for posts.
    Sure, I have separate forums for each plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by DBNet View Post
      Well after making that setting change, it just throws an error...

Mar-20 12:55:15 PM AK GoogleCast ERROR [256]: Error downloading image: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Wp...w-no-l75-nd-mv (412409c949c137c51255400ff0f2d570/image0.jpg): A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...nloading-image

Comment

alexbk66 I have a slight issue here. I upgraded you plugin to 3.0.0.45. I am on HS3. The PI seems to upgrade okay but when I try to go into the parent device and change the configuration from google translate to Homeseer and the language to eng_us and press Apply Settings the info under Receiver Configuration disappears and does not come back. Then when I go to the UI to see the devices there is a duplicate of each speaker. Here is the logs on one device.
        Jul-03 7:22:18 AM AK GoogleCast Warning [9532]: Renaming from Root to Office speaker
        Jul-03 7:22:13 AM AK GoogleCast ERROR [9508]: Waiting to launch application CC1AD845 timeout 3000 (): [HSPI_AKGoogleCast.SpeakerHS]
        Jul-03 7:22:10 AM AK GoogleCast ERROR [9508]: SendMedia: http://192.168.0.101:80/Wave/Cast/Ho...3264-en_us.wav (audio/wav): (): Object reference not set to an instance of an object. [HSPI_AKGoogleCast.SpeakerHS]
        Jul-03 7:22:08 AM AK GoogleCast Warning [9519]: Renaming Chromecast from Officespeaker.EnableTTS to .EnableTTS
        Jul-03 7:22:08 AM AK GoogleCast Warning [9518]: Renaming Chromecast from Officespeaker.Duration to .Duration
        Jul-03 7:22:08 AM AK GoogleCast Warning [9517]: Renaming Chromecast from Officespeaker.Album to .Album
        Jul-03 7:22:08 AM AK GoogleCast Warning [9516]: Renaming Chromecast from Officespeaker.Title (Artist) to .Title (Artist)
        Jul-03 7:22:08 AM AK GoogleCast Warning [9515]: Renaming Chromecast from Officespeaker.Artist to .Artist
        Jul-03 7:22:08 AM AK GoogleCast Warning [9514]: Renaming Chromecast from Officespeaker.Title to .Title
        Jul-03 7:22:08 AM AK GoogleCast Warning [9513]: Renaming Chromecast from Officespeaker.Application to .Application
        Jul-03 7:22:08 AM AK GoogleCast Warning [9512]: Renaming Chromecast from Officespeaker.ContentType to .ContentType
        Jul-03 7:22:08 AM AK GoogleCast Warning [9511]: Renaming Chromecast from Officespeaker.ContentId to .ContentId
        Jul-03 7:22:08 AM AK GoogleCast Warning [9510]: Renaming Chromecast from Officespeaker.Image to .Image
        Jul-03 7:22:08 AM AK GoogleCast Warning [9509]: Renaming Chromecast from Officespeaker.Volume to .Volume
        Jul-03 7:22:08 AM AK GoogleCast Warning [9508]: Renaming Chromecast from Officespeaker.Root to .Root
        Jul-03 7:22:08 AM AK GoogleCast ERROR [9508]: MakeNewReceiver (IPEndPoint) ':': Value cannot be null. Parameter name: String

Comment

Here is another error I see in the logs.

Jul-03 7:10:08 AM AK GoogleCast ERROR Update.AddReceiver(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_AKGoogleCast.Controller.AddReceiver(Receiver receiver, Boolean save, Boolean bQueue) at HSPI_AKGoogleCast.Controller.Update(Boolean InitIOinThread)

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

Jul-03 7:10:08 AM AK GoogleCast ERROR Update.AddReceiver(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_AKGoogleCast.Controller.AddReceiver(Receiver receiver, Boolean save, Boolean bQueue) at HSPI_AKGoogleCast.Controller.Update(Boolean InitIOinThread)
            I'll have a look. It definitely started from 3.0.0.45?

[EDIT] - You don't need to press "Apply Settings" for voice selection - the button is for the last section "Receiver Configuration", I'll make it more obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

I'll have a look. It definitely started from 3.0.0.45?
              Yes, it didn't do this in 3.0.0.44. It definitely occurs after you change from Translate to Homeseer and select en_us and the Apply Settings. Each time you do that it creates another duplicate of that speaker. The PI then seems to use the last duplicate to speak through which is still set to Google Translate.

Comment

Please try ver 3.0.0.47 (BETA) - Fixed voice selection

Note: Clicking "Apply Settings" still causes the problem described, I'll fix tomorrow.

[EDIT] - You don't need to press "Apply Settings" for voice selection - the button is for the last section "Receiver Configuration"

Comment

alexbk66 Ok, I will give the new beta a try. Good to know we don't need to hit Apply Settings if changing voice. Thanks

EDIT: Voice is now working and I have only one parent and it's child devices for each speaker. Thanks for the quick fix!

Comment

alexbk66 Ok, I will give the new beta a try. Good to know we don't need to hit Apply Settings if changing voice. Thanks

EDIT: Voice is now working and I have only one parent and it's child devices for each speaker. Thanks for the quick fix!
                    Good.

BTW, the language selection (i.e. en_us) is only for Google Translate, it doesn't affect Homeseer voice.

Comment

Good.

BTW, the language selection (i.e. en_us) is only for Google Translate, it doesn't affect Homeseer voice.
                      Oh wow. Another thing I didn't know. Thanks again.

Comment

Oh wow. Another thing I didn't know. Thanks again.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-05 110859.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	1399392

Comment

Ver 3.0.0.48 - Fixed creating chromecast manually and editing IP, Port, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ReceiverConfiguration.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1399876

Comment

Ver 3.0.0.62 - Exposed Chromcast functions for scripting (via PluginFunction)

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...pluginfunction

Comment

There's large choice of voices in the new Cloud TTS API https://cloud.google.com/text-to-speech/
                              But please note that I haven't implemented it yet, I might if there's a demand.
                              Hi Alex,

Any update on this? I would absolutely buy your plug-in if it supported the Google Cloud TTS API

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cloomis View Post
                                Any update on this? I would absolutely buy your plug-in if it supported the Google Cloud TTS API
                                I'm just finishing porting AKGoogleCast to HS4. It's already in the updater. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...95-hs4-version

Once I also port my most popular plugins to HS3 - I will work on adding new functionality.

Google Cloud TTS API is first on the list, but since it's not free - I need to investigate more the payment strategy.

Comment

Working...
                                X