Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AK Google Cast plugin - Features Request

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Meapilot View Post
    When I use a speaker group that is set up in the GH App, the plug in recognizes the group as playing. But it does not update the individual speaker ( maybe not possible from Google.) When I use the prefix to not send TTS, it still stops the current playing audio/video because it does not see the Chromecast playing the audio/video. (Only the group shows current casting).

    Maybe best to use a device to control each speaker as mentioned?
    Would that also eliminate the need for individual speaker TTS control as you mentioned?
    I think it doesn't hurt to ad the TTS enable HS device, except there's already too many HS devices for each Google device.
    I would appreciate any input

    Comment


    • #17
      Personally I don't like the groups anyway - something strange about their behaviour.

      Comment


      • #18
        I am beginning to not like groups in the Google Home App myself.
        I think the individual TTS on/off as well as using the Device Control Might be a solution for my situation. Both might be overkill.
        Going to test to find out!

        "Too many devices"... is there a problem or would it create a problem to either hide or delete the device (s) not needed? That way each individual could customize to their needs?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Meapilot View Post
          "Too many devices"... is there a problem or would it create a problem to either hide or delete the device (s) not needed? That way each individual could customize to their needs?
          I also like to add devices in my plugins to control the behaviour, instead of using configuration page or HS event actions. This way it's most flexible.

          But "Too many devices" could become an issue for some users - especially the once having HS for many years - it becomes slow, there are posts about GetDeviceEnumerator function taking a minute...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Meapilot View Post
            Maybe best to use a device to control each speaker as mentioned?
            Would that also eliminate the need for individual speaker TTS control as you mentioned?
            Version 3.0.0.13 (in BETA until approved by HTS) has the EnableTTS device for each Google device


            Click image for larger version  Name:	EnableTTS - Copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.2 KB ID:	1340941

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

              Version 3.0.0.13 (in BETA until approved by HTS) has the EnableTTS device for each Google device

              Thanks Alex!
              Did not think to look in Beta section.
              WIl get it now

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Meapilot View Post
                Thanks Alex! Did not think to look in Beta section. WIl get it now
                Developers can publish in BETA immediately, but normal publish is done by HST

                Comment

                Working...
                X