This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbessel View Post
    You can see here it looks like a small glitch and they all dropped and came back, but my log is overrun.
    I have all my mini's with a DHCP allocated static IP so that should not change, I do have one group and that IP seems to be random.
    The log entries are actually meaningless to me, I have tried to make sense of them but I have failed. So I would rather they go away.
    The group IP changes because the group "host" is jumping between two Google devices with IPs .80 and .82 - because the "group" is not physical device, it can be hosted on any physical device in the group.

And the "glitch" is quite normal because for some reason Minis do drop connection sometimes - that's also the reason for the group moving between devices. A lot of code in my plugin is dedicated to tracking the connection status.

Possibly your WiFi signal strength is not sufficient? After updating my home WiFi to Netgear Orbi mesh I don't have this problem.

Comment

I am going to uncheck the groups box and see if that helps. I believe I still have more problems than that.
      My network itself is rock solid, these mini's are just crap.

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
        Local Playlist and or Music Folder (continuous) playback.

1) Playlists (Plex or others) consumption for local music?
        2) Album Casting (a continuation through each song in a folder)?

Would love a direct Plex playlist solution, or an m3u8 solution where I could tell Alexa to play "such and such".
        Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

I started working on Plex and Spotify, but not now
        any progress on those added features?
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
          any progress on those added features?
          I'm still in "progress" on porting to HS4

But I really want to add Spotify controller - I think most important feature would be continue playback after TTS announcement - which is currently not possible.

Comment

I'm still in "progress" on porting to HS4

But I really want to add Spotify controller - I think most important feature would be continue playback after TTS announcement - which is currently not possible.
            I would really be pleased to have support for Spotify. I would even buy a new plugin from you! Since a few days I have a pair of Nest Audio speakers, configured as a pair of stereo speakers. The sound is amazingly good, with respect to size and price.
            I would especially appreciate:
            • Browsing music in my network;
            • Displaying the songs within HSTouch or Home Remote
            • Controlling the volume, start/stop/pause
            • Controlling from scripts, like wake-up and snoozing

Comment

I've also been thinking about how text speech in HomeSeer works, or better not, in general.
              A nice feature of HomeSeer is its multi-threaded, asynchronous approach. It is also his pitfall.
              I come to this because I recently had a lot of problems with Z-Wave devices. If you control many devices from a scene (script), there will be a peak in Z-Wave traffic. I bought expensive dimmers that may not be able to handle that. And I solved that, as I did with hs.speak so far, writing scripts myself to pronounce sentences one by one and waiting for that in the script. Until the AK Google Cast plugin solved that for me.
              So both for Z-Wave and for the text-speaking function you actually need a kind of proxy, which ensures that texts are neatly queued and spoken one by one.
              So for the Google devices you would actually want a kind of family approach:
              • a kernel with proxy functionality
              • the interface that accepts speech and requests for music
              • satellites for, for example, Spotify, radio and other music services.
              Does this contribute to your thoughts about the further development of your plugin?

Comment

And off course continue after TTS.

Comment

Not sure how to implement "Browsing music in my network"? I.e. show playlists and titles - it's kind of outside of the plugin scope?

The rest should already work (Controlling the volume, start/stop/pause; Controlling from scripts, like wake-up and snoozing)

Getting there...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-11-29 (1).png
Views:	148
Size:	427.9 KB
ID:	1436705

Comment

Originally posted by RJvanMunster View Post
                    And off course continue after TTS.
                    That's my main priority

Regarding queueng - it's already implemented in the latest version. Any issues there?

[EDIT] There's a bug in HS3 - the "Wait for speach to finish" option isn't passed to the plugin, so I always "wait". HST didn't reply to my bug report, as ususal.

Hope in HS4 it could be fixed, but unlikely.

Comment

That's my main priority

Regarding queueng - it's already implemented in the latest version. Any issues there?

[EDIT] There's a bug in HS3 - the "Wait for speach to finish" option isn't passed to the plugin, so I always "wait". HST didn't reply to my bug report, as ususal.

Hope in HS4 it could be fixed, but unlikely.
                      I wholeheartedly support your first priority!

Regarding speech handling, I think there is a difference between "waiting" and "queuing". I really appreciate your solution to bypass the bug in HS3. But the downside is that it leads to waiting times, which sometimes wouldn't be necessary. The complexity is that you want the speech fragments to wait for each other, but for the rest of the program execution to continue, or if necessary by means of a flag is waiting for the voice command to finish.

The disadvantage of the current solution is that you have to apply a maximum waiting time. This appears to be too short in my current implementation (putting the entire message in a text and then speaking it in one go).

I myself am not yet clear how things work in HS4. Maybe it is better organized there. I am now working on setting up my own setup within HS3 as well as possible. And I especially ran into many problems with new (rather expensive) dimmers ....

You are right that a "music browser" is on the edge of or outside the scope of the plugin. On the other hand, I can imagine there is a market for a plugin with support from HomeSeer for music center-like applications.

In the first place, see it as thinking aloud.

Comment

I think there is a difference between "waiting" and "queuing".
                        The disadvantage of the current solution is that you have to apply a maximum waiting time.
                        No, I don't apply maximum, I'm waiting for speach to finish to pop-up next tts from queue. I mean I need to know if for some events the user doesn't want for speach to finish before staring next one.

For example I have TTS notifications when my entry doors are open/closed, so if you open the door it says "Front door open", if you close - "Front door close", but if I wait for the TTS to finish - the messages are queued and executed in sequence, so it's not reflecting real time door status. But in most cases it's better to wait for the speach to end.

You are right that a "music browser" is on the edge of or outside the scope of the plugin. On the other hand, I can imagine there is a market for a plugin with support from HomeSeer for music center-like applications.
                        It looks like it's a separate plugin - because browsing the paly lists can be used without Google devices. I'll think about it. But I also appreciate any ideas (with mock-ups)

Comment

No, I don't apply maximum, I'm waiting for speech to finish to pop-up next tts from queue. I mean I need to know if for some events the user doesn't want for speach to finish before staring next one.

For example I have TTS notifications when my entry doors are open/closed, so if you open the door it says "Front door open", if you close - "Front door close", but if I wait for the TTS to finish - the messages are queued and executed in sequence, so it's not reflecting real time door status. But in most cases it's better to wait for the speach to end.

It looks like it's a separate plugin - because browsing the play lists can be used without Google devices. I'll think about it. But I also appreciate any ideas (with mock-ups)
                          My populair music player is Album Player from a Dutch software developer. I am working with the classic version. There is also a jukebox version. I have no idea about the install base of the combination HomeSeer and Album player and whether a Album Player is interesting and worth developing. As said, I just am trying to think out loud. I I'll try to thin more about it.
                          Here you can find Album Player: https://www.albumplayer.com/

Comment

But this is just a GUI - which I can't do in plugin, you have to do it in HSTouch. Plugin just provides devices which you can use to control, or display in HSTouch.
                            What devices can I do for Spotify?

Comment

My populair music player is Album Player from a Dutch software developer. I am working with the classic version. There is also a jukebox version. I have no idea about the install base of the combination HomeSeer and Album player and whether a Album Player is interesting and worth developing. As said, I just am trying to think out loud. I I'll try to thin more about it.
                              Here you can find Album Player: https://www.albumplayer.com/
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rfIsj7eiHQ

Comment

Very interesting. Do you have more information?

Comment

Working...
                                X