This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJvanMunster View Post

Very interesting. Do you have more information?
    No, just a quick search

Comment

Hi, can someone please add these features in a future update? I would like there to be volume control for play audio files for each event because currently some of my audio files play very quietly on my google home mini while other audio files sound fine. It would be good to be able to adjust that in each event.

the other thing is sometimes TTS is very quiet too even though I have TTS set to 100% in the chromecast plugin. It would be good to be able to set TTS to 200% for the google home mini in the ak google cast plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by FrogKiss View Post
        Hi, can someone please add these features in a future update? I would like there to be volume control for play audio files for each event because currently some of my audio files play very quietly on my google home mini while other audio files sound fine. It would be good to be able to adjust that in each event.

the other thing is sometimes TTS is very quiet too even though I have TTS set to 100% in the chromecast plugin. It would be good to be able to set TTS to 200% for the google home mini in the ak google cast plugin.
        Hi, welcome to my plugin

The option for volume control is already there - there's a separate Volume HS device. So in HS event before TTS action you add the action to set the device volume.
        The only problem here that it's not trivial to restore the original volume after TTS (but still possible using extra virtual device and Easy Trigger plugin).

When I finish porting the plugin to HS4 - I plan also adding a special string pattern to TTS text to set the volume, i.e. "(30%) Some text". Which will also store the curent volume and restore it after TTS.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Hi, welcome to my plugin

The option for volume control is already there - there's a separate Volume HS device. So in HS event before TTS action you add the action to set the device volume.
          The only problem here that it's not trivial to restore the original volume after TTS (but still possible using extra virtual device and Easy Trigger plugin).

When I finish porting the plugin to HS4 - I plan also adding a special string pattern to TTS text to set the volume, i.e. "(30%) Some text". Which will also store the curent volume and restore it after TTS.
          oh that sounds cool. also i was wondering if you can add support for govee home rgbic light strips. rgbic govee lights strips can be controlled through the google home app like the philips hue lights are. the google home links to the govee home app. or would you need to make a separate ak govee home plugin for that?

Comment

oh that sounds cool. also i was wondering if you can add support for govee home rgbic light strips. rgbic govee lights strips can be controlled through the google home app like the philips hue lights are. the google home links to the govee home app. or would you need to make a separate ak govee home plugin for that?
            The lights control have nothing to do with the Google devices. Most smart devices can be controlled via Google, but in the automation system they require a separate plugin. Unless they use some ezisting protocol, i.e. Tuya, Zigbee, Z-Wave. Govee seem to be using a proprietary protocol, which most probably requiers a new plugin. Assuming the protocol description can be provided by the manufacturer.

Comment

i know there is a way to make google home run a homeseer event, but is there also a way you can make homeseer run a google home routine?
              or is there a way you can add a way to make homeseer run a google home command like when i say hey google, turn off all lights? or change all lights to red?

im asking because i have no more room on my homeseer pi for any more plugins. i have the philips hue plugin but i need the magic home plugin as well since some of my lights are magic home. in the google home app i have my magic home and philips hue accounts linked to google home so when i tell my google home to change all lights to red, it knows to change the color on both my philps hue lights and my magic home lights at the same time.
              i think a way to get around the need to add more plugins is to just make a homeseer event that runs a google home voice command as if i have spoken the command to the google home myself. so it would be cool if you could add a command phrase box so we could just type hey google change all lights red, etc..

Comment

i know there is a way to make google home run a homeseer event, but is there also a way you can make homeseer run a google home routine?
                or is there a way you can add a way to make homeseer run a google home command like when i say hey google, turn off all lights? or change all lights to red?

im asking because i have no more room on my homeseer pi for any more plugins. i have the philips hue plugin but i need the magic home plugin as well since some of my lights are magic home. in the google home app i have my magic home and philips hue accounts linked to google home so when i tell my google home to change all lights to red, it knows to change the color on both my philps hue lights and my magic home lights at the same time.
                i think a way to get around the need to add more plugins is to just make a homeseer event that runs a google home voice command as if i have spoken the command to the google home myself. so it would be cool if you could add a command phrase box so we could just type hey google change all lights red, etc..
                Yes, your option is to use TTS and say this phrase from HS - but you need two Google Home devices.

Comment

Yes, your option is to use TTS and say this phrase from HS - but you need two Google Home devices.
                  i was hoping you could make an assistant plugin that does not require 2 speakers

Comment

i was hoping you could make an assistant plugin that does not require 2 speakers
                    Google created local API for controlling devices, but it's a whole new story. I will investigate it, but later. Currently I'm finishing porting to HS4...

Comment

Google created local API for controlling devices, but it's a whole new story. I will investigate it, but later. Currently I'm finishing porting to HS4...
                      sweet. ok thanks. i look forward to the hs4 port for ak google cast too.

Comment

sweet. ok thanks. i look forward to the hs4 port for ak google cast too.
                        Ver. 4.0.0.5 (BETA) - still needs some polishing, but pretty much production ready.

Comment

Ver. 4.0.0.6 (BETA) - many improvements, including manual device creation (if mDNS Discovery doesn't work)

Comment

Working...
                          X