Controls do not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controls do not work

Media controls do not work reliably with this PI. Using multiple ChromeCast audios & audio groups with Spotify.

Also, there's no quit app button. The "Stop" button (when it works) sets playback to pause within the current app.

Thanks for developing. Maybe you and spud can get together -- the problem I've been having with his chromecast PI is connectivity issues (especially with groups).

Originally posted by benrjunk View Post
    Media controls do not work reliably with this PI. Using multiple ChromeCast audios & audio groups with Spotify.
    Can you please provide more details and logs.

Originally posted by benrjunk View Post
    Also, there's no quit app button. The "Stop" button (when it works) sets playback to pause within the current app
    "Stop" button behaviour is defined withing the particular ChromeCast app, sometimes it does pause instead.
    But I can easily add a button to quit an app, just wasn't sure why "Pause" is not sufficient?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

just wasn't sure why "Pause" is not sufficient?
      I have some actions that depend on if app loaded but idle vs no app loaded. Also, on chromecast devices with video output, without the ability to quit the currently running app, you can't get back to the backdrop to see photos.

I'll post logs in the next couple days with respect to being unable to control my devices.

Comment

NP, I'll add Quit button

Comment

Hi Alex,

Definitely need an option to end an application, maybe an event action instead of a button?

Something like

If this
          Cast Media on Kitchen Display
          Wait 30 seconds
          End Application on Kitchen display

I'm finding that I can't show a Blue Iris feed on my display twice in a row because the application goes "Idle" and doesn't end completely.

if I swap to cast URL (which fails) then swap back it immediately works again because it causes the cast application to end.

Apart from that, fantastic plugin, well done!

Comment

Originally posted by XeKToReX View Post
            Apart from that, fantastic plugin, well done!
            Thank you!
            I will add the Quit button - it's more useful then just an event action, you still can set Application = Quit from an event.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
              Thank you!
              I will add the Quit button - it's more useful then just an event action, you still can set Application = Quit from an event.
              No problems! It'll be a definite buy for me as soon as you do, then it'll reliable enough for the wife!

Comment

Ver. 1.0.0.6 in Beta section (until approved by HS to go in updater) - with Application Quit button.

Comment

Perfect, works great Alex!

Buy tonight once I'm back at home!

Comment

No problem, I have lots of ideas, just need time - https://shop.homeseer.com/search?typ...uct&q=alexbk66

Comment

BTW, for existing users if you don't want to recreate the Application device (to get Quit button) - it can be manually added:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	87
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	1322000

Comment

Working...
                      X