Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your plugin support device replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your plugin support device replacement?

Hi,

Can I assign a different physical cast device to a given HS device? For example, if a device dies and I need to replace it, or when I upgrade my Hub to a Hub Max, I'll want to be able to somehow reassign the existing HS devices to the new cast devices so I don't have to reprogram anything. Can this be done?

Thanks!
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Sure, you can change IP Address and device name/ID manually. I'm using device name as unique key, not device ID because ID can change. So device ID doesn't really matter, but if you replace a device - make sure the name is the same.

And it should even work automatically - if you add new device to your network and give it same name - it should automatically update IP address for existing device. I implemented this way because DHCP can assign new IP address to the device, and plugin should detect the change, assuming the device name didn't change.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ConfigDevice.PNG Views:	0 Size:	285.7 KB ID:	1324881

Comment

Nice! Thanks for the info.
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

No problem

Comment

Working...
        X