Event for playback started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event for playback started

Hi Alex, i'm trying your plugin out on trial and am impressed so far - many thanks. What I would like to do is create an event trigger for when a chromecast audio starts playing so it can turn the hifi on, but I am having a few teething issues. I have created the event with the trigger being the device value changes and becomes playing, however when the track changes the event gets triggered - presumably as it must momentarily change from stopped to playing perhaps. Do you have any ideas on how I can successfully get the event to trigger when any app starts casting to it, but not have it triggering between track changes?

Also is there any way to trigger the next track when casting from spotify?

Cheers,

Rob.

Originally posted by robyo View Post
    I have created the event with the trigger being the device value changes and becomes playing, however when the track changes the event gets triggered - presumably as it must momentarily change from stopped to playing perhaps. Do you have any ideas on how I can successfully get the event to trigger when any app starts casting to it, but not have it triggering between track changes?
    Perhaps you can add a condition to the effect of "AND IF hifi <> on"
    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

Perhaps you can add a condition to the effect of "AND IF hifi <> on"
      Unfortunately homeseer isn't aware of the on/off state of the hifi but your suggestion got me thinking that I could set up a virtual switch for 'chromecast playing' that's set to on when playing starts. I'll need to figure out a way to have it reset to off once playbacks stopped though - I don't think i can use the CC 'stopped' status since it flicks to this state between tracks.

If someone has a simpler solution though please let me know.

Cheers.

Comment

...I could set up a virtual switch for 'chromecast playing' that's set to on when playing starts. I'll need to figure out a way to have it reset to off once playbacks stopped though - I don't think i can use the CC 'stopped' status since it flicks to this state between tracks.

Cheers.
        Maybe set the virtual device based on CC status being stopped for "at least" or "exactly" a few seconds or more.
        -Wade

Comment

Hi guys, I noticed that Chromecast/GoogleHome do report multiple state changes between track changes. Unfortunately it also depends on the current app behaviour, i.e. Spotify doesn't stop playback, instead it pauses, etc.

I can create a trigger when media info changes

Comment

Do you have any ideas on how I can successfully get the event to trigger when any app starts casting to it, but not have it triggering between track changes?
            May be you want to try using the "Application" device - it will change to Spotify once it starts casting?

Anyways, I can add some triggers if you want, instead of acting on device change. Please let me know what triggers would be useful.

Comment

Working...
            X