Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade
    replied
    Tested TTS again on all devices. GH Minis still work. Chromecast dongle and Sony built-in chromecasts still fail with same log entries.

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Plugins are started by HS, so they are under HS3 - when you expand it:
    Interesting. When I wrote the post all were showing up independently under background processes, but AKGoogleCast wasn't there. I had just restarted HS3 so guessing that's why they were there rather than under HS3 in the Apps section. They're all under HS3 in Apps no, including AKGoogleCast.

I see your naming convention doesn't align with all the others ("HSPI_xxxxx"). Could be why I overlooked it before.

I'll report back after I've had a chance to test TTS. Thanks for your active response and support of the PI.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
    BTW, the PI is running but it doesn't show up on Task Manager Processes tab under Background Processes with my other PIs. It only shows up on the Details tab. Why would that be?
    Plugins are started by HS, so they are under HS3 - when you expand it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HSPlugins.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1341795

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied

For clean install I also recommend deleting "Config\AKGoogleCast.ini" and "Config\AKGoogleCast.ini.bak".
    You would think HS should delete them when you uninstall the plugin...
    This isn't as helpful as it could have been because I inadvertently introduced a new variable. Here's what happened.

I uninstalled and deleted the config files as recommended. Installed 3.0.0.13 and enabled the PI. Did it from another PC on the LAN--HS is headless and I seldom do any HS configuration directly there. Happened to have an RDP session open to my HS server and the windows security message popped up to allow the PI executable. Without thinking I just accepted it, so this is different than what I've done with previous installation of the PI as I hadn't seen that screen previously. Version 3.0.0.13 went on to properly discover and add each of my devices, but unfortunately I can't say whether it's the PI version or clicking through the windows warning that solved the problem with the one GH mini not adding properly.

I then upgraded to 3.0.0.15 and all devices continue to add correctly. Not seeing any errors in the log so far.

I won't be where I can test TTS until later today. I'll see if anything's changed with the standalone and built-in chromecast working.

BTW, the PI is running but it doesn't show up on Task Manager Processes tab under Background Processes with my other PIs. It only shows up on the Details tab. Why would that be?

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    I uninstalled the plugin, deleted all the devices
    For clean install I also recommend deleting "Config\AKGoogleCast.ini" and "Config\AKGoogleCast.ini.bak".
    You would think HS should delete them when you uninstall the plugin...

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Doesn't seem related to the most recent revs you made to the code, but I did not have the problem with 3.0.0.13.
    That's interesting. I put BETA 3.0.0.13 back - if you want can you please verify.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by Meapilot View Post
    Seems as all of my Google devices were connected, but would not do TTS until I disabled/enabled each one individually.
    EDIT** This behavour did not start until version 3.0.0.13.
    I will update to 3.0.0.15 see if any changes or same as cc4005.
    Yes, in 3.0.013 I added EnableTTS devices (to be able dynamically disable TTS) - but with a bug when initially the state of EnableTTS device shows as Enabled, but in fact it is Disabled - until you Disable/Enable.

Version 3.0.0.14 should fix the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Meapilot
    replied
    Still not alot of time for more scenario testing. But I did leave it alone for quite some time. Seems as all of my Google devices were connected, but would not do TTS until I disabled/enabled each one individually. If I was streaming music (Spotify) to a group of speakers, once I stopped the stream, I also had to disable/enable the device to get it to TTS again.

Same as cc4005, my chromecast is not built in. It is plugged into port on a dumb tv.
    Same experience.

EDIT** This behavour did not start until version 3.0.0.13.
    I am still on this version which seems to loose ability to TTS (but shows connected) after some idle time, or streaming music.
    I will update to 3.0.0.15 see if any changes or same as cc4005.

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied

For this I will more error handling/logging to see more info, but it looks like the built-in Chromecasts may not work properly. There are other similar posts here.

My 75'' Samsung has built-in Chromecast, but I had too many problems with it, so I ended-up buying proper Chromecast Ultra.

Name:	2019-11-21.png
Views:	125
Size:	497.2 KB
ID:	1341601
    I should have clarified, this test was on a separate chromecast, not built-in.

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied

If you place the mouse pointer over the exclamation triangle - you should see the error, but I guess it will be the error you see in the log file.

The error comes from HomeSeer, so it's hard to tell, especially because it doesn't say what "Object variable". BTW, is it re-producible? I.e. if you delete this particular device - will it happen again?
    Yes, it's the same error that is logged. It is reproducible. In fact, I uninstalled the plugin, deleted all the devices, then reinstalled and it was that way. Doesn't seem related to the most recent revs you made to the code, but I did not have the problem with 3.0.0.13.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Changed voice type to Homeseer as suggested. Same or very similar result. Here's the log.

Name:	Annotation 2019-11-20 200723.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1341548
    Tinkered with the app start timeout but didn't seem to have any impact on this issue.
    For this I will more error handling/logging to see more info, but it looks like the built-in Chromecasts may not work properly. There are other similar posts here.

My 75'' Samsung has built-in Chromecast, but I had too many problems with it, so I ended-up buying proper Chromecast Ultra.

Name:	2019-11-21.png
Views:	125
Size:	497.2 KB
ID:	1341601

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Also, it's not adding one of my devices properly. Any idea what the cause might be?

Name:	Annotation 2019-11-20 202730.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1341554

Name:	Annotation 2019-11-20 202731.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1341555
    If you place the mouse pointer over the exclamation triangle - you should see the error, but I guess it will be the error you see in the log file.

The error comes from HomeSeer, so it's hard to tell, especially because it doesn't say what "Object variable". BTW, is it re-producible? I.e. if you delete this particular device - will it happen again?

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    Also, it's not adding one of my devices properly. Any idea what the cause might be?

Name:	Annotation 2019-11-20 202730.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1341554

Name:	Annotation 2019-11-20 202731.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1341555

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    Changed voice type to Homeseer as suggested. Same or very similar result. Here's the log.

Name:	Annotation 2019-11-20 200723.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1341548
    Tinkered with the app start timeout but didn't seem to have any impact on this issue.

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    Only need to increase app timeout if get error in the log
    Ok I'll keep that in mind as I test.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X