Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynamic speaker client groups

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
    I uninstalled the plugin, deleted all the devices
    For clean install I also recommend deleting "Config\AKGoogleCast.ini" and "Config\AKGoogleCast.ini.bak".
    You would think HS should delete them when you uninstall the plugin...

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

      For clean install I also recommend deleting "Config\AKGoogleCast.ini" and "Config\AKGoogleCast.ini.bak".
      You would think HS should delete them when you uninstall the plugin...
      This isn't as helpful as it could have been because I inadvertently introduced a new variable. Here's what happened.

      I uninstalled and deleted the config files as recommended. Installed 3.0.0.13 and enabled the PI. Did it from another PC on the LAN--HS is headless and I seldom do any HS configuration directly there. Happened to have an RDP session open to my HS server and the windows security message popped up to allow the PI executable. Without thinking I just accepted it, so this is different than what I've done with previous installation of the PI as I hadn't seen that screen previously. Version 3.0.0.13 went on to properly discover and add each of my devices, but unfortunately I can't say whether it's the PI version or clicking through the windows warning that solved the problem with the one GH mini not adding properly.

      I then upgraded to 3.0.0.15 and all devices continue to add correctly. Not seeing any errors in the log so far.

      I won't be where I can test TTS until later today. I'll see if anything's changed with the standalone and built-in chromecast working.


      BTW, the PI is running but it doesn't show up on Task Manager Processes tab under Background Processes with my other PIs. It only shows up on the Details tab. Why would that be?
      -Wade

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
        BTW, the PI is running but it doesn't show up on Task Manager Processes tab under Background Processes with my other PIs. It only shows up on the Details tab. Why would that be?
        Plugins are started by HS, so they are under HS3 - when you expand it:

        Click image for larger version

Name:	HSPlugins.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1341795

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

          Plugins are started by HS, so they are under HS3 - when you expand it:
          Interesting. When I wrote the post all were showing up independently under background processes, but AKGoogleCast wasn't there. I had just restarted HS3 so guessing that's why they were there rather than under HS3 in the Apps section. They're all under HS3 in Apps no, including AKGoogleCast.

          I see your naming convention doesn't align with all the others ("HSPI_xxxxx"). Could be why I overlooked it before.


          I'll report back after I've had a chance to test TTS. Thanks for your active response and support of the PI.
          -Wade

          Comment


            #35
            Tested TTS again on all devices. GH Minis still work. Chromecast dongle and Sony built-in chromecasts still fail with same log entries.
            -Wade

            Comment


              #36
              That is interesting cc4005. I am curious now. If your TTS or streaming is inactive for a while (nothing speaking or playing), do you see any change once you try to use TTS or stream?
              My Chromecast dongle seem to be giving me the most trouble as well.

              **SIDE NOTE-- I am on running HS on Windows 10 Pro. I am about to move HS to Windows Server, so I am taking issues that seem only for my set up with a grain of salt!

              +1 ---- cc4005 :" Thanks for your active response and support of the PI."

              Thanks Alex!

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by Meapilot View Post
                That is interesting cc4005. I am curious now. If your TTS or streaming is inactive for a while (nothing speaking or playing), do you see any change once you try to use TTS or stream?
                My Chromecast dongle seem to be giving me the most trouble as well.

                **SIDE NOTE-- I am on running HS on Windows 10 Pro. I am about to move HS to Windows Server, so I am taking issues that seem only for my set up with a grain of salt!

                +1 ---- cc4005 :" Thanks for your active response and support of the PI."

                Thanks Alex!
                why you going server? just curious
                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

                HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

                Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

                Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post

                  why you going server? just curious
                  UGHHHH,,
                  Long story really. But basically, I upgraded ( ? ha) from XP which has been flawless basically for 4 years or so, to Windows 10 Pro.

                  Biggest complaint that I can not seem to overcome is:
                  1. Drops connection to Android clients.
                  2.HS speaker client will not stay connected.

                  Several other issues that I do not like, so going to try Server....................or unplug it and plug XP machine back in

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Meapilot View Post
                    If your TTS or streaming is inactive for a while (nothing speaking or playing), do you see any change once you try to use TTS or stream?
                    I've not left it running for any length of time. I use spud's chromecast PI but am testing Alex's because he was quickly able to add the Disable/Enable TTS per device which will be very useful to me. But since I rely on TTS quite a bit and am having other issues with AKGooglecast it I'm not committing so far as to move my TTS events over yet. I'm just stopping the chromecast PI for a short time while testing this one, then swap back.

                    If I get a chance over the weekend I'll try to leave it running to test. How long are you thinking "for a while"?
                    -Wade

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                      I see your naming convention doesn't align with all the others ("HSPI_xxxxx").
                      In HS naming convention only compulsory for the executable itself - which I do follow.

                      But Windows uses assembly Description for display, which others probably just don't bother setting:

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	HSPIprops.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1341892

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                        if it's night and someone's in bed upstairs, send certain notifications to only downstairs clients; at other times send to all clients; etc. T
                        I just realised that this could be easily done by using the Volume device

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                          But since I rely on TTS quite a bit and am having other issues with AKGooglecast it I'm not committing so far as to move my TTS events over yet.
                          cc4005 this thread became too messy, I suggest staring a new thread and concentrate on a single issue for a single device, then I could try to fix the problem. Please.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

                            I just realised that this could be easily done by using the Volume device
                            Not really--not the functionality I need anyway. I want the device to function normally in all other ways, just prevent TTS messages from being sent to it. I hadn't thought about your current implementation disabling other uses of the minis.

                            Back to the thinking of it another way...another idea...Perhaps when speaker groups are found by the PI a flag (e.g. "active") is added that can be set by event. Then in the event speak action the speaker selected is "active" group. It would change depending on which group had the flag set. That way we're only changing a specific TTS action, not the device settings themselves. Might that be possible?
                            -Wade

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                              Tested TTS again on all devices. GH Minis still work. Chromecast dongle and Sony built-in chromecasts still fail with same log entries.
                              May I ask you please to start a new thread for each device (if the problems are different) an post logs there, for each problem device.

                              I will add more logging to see where errors come from

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

                                May I ask you please to start a new thread for each device (if the problems are different) an post logs there, for each problem device.

                                I will add more logging to see where errors come from
                                Sure.
                                -Wade

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X