Dynamic speaker client groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meapilot View Post
    My dumb TV with a Chromecast plugged into it will recognize and display the HS speker device on the screen , but no TTS comes through.
    In summary. Same results as cc4005.
    Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

Sony Bravia TVs with built-in Google Cast
    I have 2 of these (similar models but different years and size) and they're doing the same thing. Sending a speak action from an event with the TV off results in the TV turning on and going to a screen showing "Default Media Receiver" with a spinner, but the TTS doesn't play.
    Onkyo Home Theater Receiver with built-in Google Cast

Essentially the same result as the TVs except display.

Chromecast Device on a dumb TV

I have to turn on the TV and change input to the chromecast for this one--which I did before testing. Sending a TTS causes the chromecast to change screen to one with "Default Media Receiver" displayed, along with a spinner. No TTS comes through. After a couple minutes the chromecast changes the screen to the chromecast icon and appears to be ready and waiting. Re-sending the speak action sends it back to the "Default Media Receiver" screen and still doesn't play. No sound. Here's the log from 2 attempts, waiting for the chromecast icon screen to appear on the TV between tries.
    My TV ChromeCast works fine, so it's gonna be hard to find...

Click image for larger version  Name:	GoogleCast.png Views:	0 Size:	233.3 KB ID:	1341392

The error "Error downloading imge chrome-resource" is irrelevant...

May be one suggestion - for testing change Voice Type to HomeSeer (no need to click "Apply Settings"):

Click image for larger version  Name:	ChangeVoice.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	1341393

Comment

Chromecast Device on a dumb TV

I have to turn on the TV and change input to the chromecast for this one--which I did before testing.
      That's a known problem, was switching the TV input to Chromecast before, but Google updated the firmware - doesn't switch anymore...

Comment

Just in case I added configurable "Timeout for starting new application (default 3 sec)" - in ver. BETA 3.0.0.15 and more logging in case of errors.

Comment

Thanks Alex. I'll update to 3.0.0.15 and follow your suggestions. I'll report back.
          -Wade

Comment

Only need to increase app timeout if get error in the log

Click image for larger version

Name:	AppTimeout.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	1341422

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
              Only need to increase app timeout if get error in the log
              Ok I'll keep that in mind as I test.
              -Wade

Comment

Changed voice type to Homeseer as suggested. Same or very similar result. Here's the log.

Name:	Annotation 2019-11-20 200723.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1341548
                Tinkered with the app start timeout but didn't seem to have any impact on this issue.
                -Wade

Comment

Also, it's not adding one of my devices properly. Any idea what the cause might be?

Name:	Annotation 2019-11-20 202730.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1341554

Name:	Annotation 2019-11-20 202731.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1341555
                  -Wade

Comment

Also, it's not adding one of my devices properly. Any idea what the cause might be?

Name:	Annotation 2019-11-20 202730.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1341554

Name:	Annotation 2019-11-20 202731.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1341555
                    If you place the mouse pointer over the exclamation triangle - you should see the error, but I guess it will be the error you see in the log file.

The error comes from HomeSeer, so it's hard to tell, especially because it doesn't say what "Object variable". BTW, is it re-producible? I.e. if you delete this particular device - will it happen again?

Comment

Changed voice type to Homeseer as suggested. Same or very similar result. Here's the log.

Name:	Annotation 2019-11-20 200723.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1341548
                      Tinkered with the app start timeout but didn't seem to have any impact on this issue.
                      For this I will more error handling/logging to see more info, but it looks like the built-in Chromecasts may not work properly. There are other similar posts here.

My 75'' Samsung has built-in Chromecast, but I had too many problems with it, so I ended-up buying proper Chromecast Ultra.

Name:	2019-11-21.png
Views:	125
Size:	497.2 KB
ID:	1341601

Comment

If you place the mouse pointer over the exclamation triangle - you should see the error, but I guess it will be the error you see in the log file.

The error comes from HomeSeer, so it's hard to tell, especially because it doesn't say what "Object variable". BTW, is it re-producible? I.e. if you delete this particular device - will it happen again?
                        Yes, it's the same error that is logged. It is reproducible. In fact, I uninstalled the plugin, deleted all the devices, then reinstalled and it was that way. Doesn't seem related to the most recent revs you made to the code, but I did not have the problem with 3.0.0.13.
                        -Wade

Comment

For this I will more error handling/logging to see more info, but it looks like the built-in Chromecasts may not work properly. There are other similar posts here.

My 75'' Samsung has built-in Chromecast, but I had too many problems with it, so I ended-up buying proper Chromecast Ultra.

Name:	2019-11-21.png
Views:	125
Size:	497.2 KB
ID:	1341601
                          I should have clarified, this test was on a separate chromecast, not built-in.
                          -Wade

Comment

Still not alot of time for more scenario testing. But I did leave it alone for quite some time. Seems as all of my Google devices were connected, but would not do TTS until I disabled/enabled each one individually. If I was streaming music (Spotify) to a group of speakers, once I stopped the stream, I also had to disable/enable the device to get it to TTS again.

Same as cc4005, my chromecast is not built in. It is plugged into port on a dumb tv.
                            Same experience.

EDIT** This behavour did not start until version 3.0.0.13.
                            I am still on this version which seems to loose ability to TTS (but shows connected) after some idle time, or streaming music.
                            I will update to 3.0.0.15 see if any changes or same as cc4005.

Comment

Originally posted by Meapilot View Post
                              Seems as all of my Google devices were connected, but would not do TTS until I disabled/enabled each one individually.
                              EDIT** This behavour did not start until version 3.0.0.13.
                              I will update to 3.0.0.15 see if any changes or same as cc4005.
                              Yes, in 3.0.013 I added EnableTTS devices (to be able dynamically disable TTS) - but with a bug when initially the state of EnableTTS device shows as Enabled, but in fact it is Disabled - until you Disable/Enable.

Version 3.0.0.14 should fix the problem.

Comment

Doesn't seem related to the most recent revs you made to the code, but I did not have the problem with 3.0.0.13.
                                That's interesting. I put BETA 3.0.0.13 back - if you want can you please verify.

Comment

Working...
                                X