Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status of individual speaker in the group doesn't match the group status

Originally posted by Meapilot
    If I am streaming to a "group" created in the app. The plug in does not show that each individual speaker is active.
    For example: Media speaker group>streaming Spotify. Group shows streaming.
    Speakers set up in "Media Speaker group" are Living room, kitchen, bathroom. Individually those speakers do not show streaming.
    If TTS is disabled in "media Speaker group" it will still stop spotify on individual speakers as it thinks they are inactive.
    I'll check Meapilot

Thanks alexbk66

Comment

Originally posted by Meapilot View Post
      Thanks alexbk66
      NP Chris

Comment

[EDIT] - there's actually MULTIZONE_STATUS message received - I need to investigate how to process it.

What's interesting - the "Application" info is reported for each device in the group - they all show "Spotify" when Spotify is playing in the group.
        And what's even more interesting (and strange) - the Application ID is different on each device, i.e.

Group: Spotify (CC32E753)
        Home1: Spotify (705D30C6)
        Home2: Spotify (531A4F84)

Comment

I did notice that as well with different ID. I thought it might be specific for each device.

In part of my testing with new HS machine, I have honestly just disabled groups all together in the Config page (for now at least) and maybe just better to use "groups" by selecting the speakers inside of the event.
          I will continue to try to test other options.

Comment

I did notice that as well with different ID. I thought it might be specific for each device
            Google search also confirms that Spotify master group App ID is CC32E753, and other IDs are assigned to individual devices. Strange...

maybe just better to use "groups" by selecting the speakers inside of the event
            That's what I also used to do. But experimenting with my plugin yesterday I realised the difference - when playing Spotify on the "group" it's not just sending the steram on each device separately - it's using special MULTIZONE controller to make sure all devices are time synchronised.

So I'm trying to implement the MULTIZONE controller in my plugin, it's a bit of work though.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

That's what I also used to do. But experimenting with my plugin yesterday I realised the difference - when playing Spotify on the "group" it's not just sending the steram on each device separately - it's using special MULTIZONE controller to make sure all devices are time synchronised.

So I'm trying to implement the MULTIZONE controller in my plugin, it's a bit of work though.
              That would be awesome. The out of sync would drive me crazy

Comment

I'm working on it. Problem is Google don't provide API for Google Home devices, so I implement the code based on my interpretation of the communication with the device. Which takes time. But I'm getting there.

Comment

No Rush.I would not even have a clue where to start

Comment

Adding proper group support isn't straight forward, I'm working on it, but it's going to take awhile...

Comment

Working...
                    X