Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin stuck in device connect-disconnect loop when Use Groups is selected

PI 3.0.0.18
    When I turn on "Use Groups" it finds my 4 device groups but it doesn't seem able to configure them properly. Here's the test I've run several times with the same results:

1. Tick "Use Groups" on the config page.
    2. Disable and re-enable the PI to initiate search for devices/groups
    3. Disable Use Groups after a few minutes of being stuck in a loop.

The following 4 images are the config page taken at ~ 20-30 second intervals. The 4 device groups bounce back and forth between an error state with IP 0.0.0.0 to no error icon with IP 192.168.0.19 (all 4 always this same IP; the IP belongs to the GH Mini Living Room device). The devices' states appear to change randomly, not all at once, but very frequently.

The attached log shows the couple minutes of Use Groups being enabled during which the below config screen images were captured. AKGoogleCast_log.txt

The last image is one of the googlecast group's HS devices. While Use Groups is enabled, even the individual GH devices show similarly in HS (i.e., missing statuses, missing devices, etc), but after disabling Use Groups, the HS3 devices associated with non-group googlecast devices return to normal. The group devices remain incorrectly configured.

This is repeatable and I've tested the same way several times. Please advise how to troubleshoot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2019-12-07 1111021.jpg Views:	41 Size:	70.2 KB ID:	1345078

Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2019-12-07 113107.jpg Views:	35 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	1345083
    -Wade

I'll have a look. I'm working on groups currently, but proper implementation is difficult as Google don't provide much info.

Comment

Just to verify the plugin version, Wade - in your screenshots you don't have "Enable saving new devices" option - did you just crop it?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-12-09.png Views:	0 Size:	13.3 KB ID:	1345446

Comment

3.0.0.18. Tried twice to manually install 3.0.0.19 yesterday but it failed both times.

The Enable Saving New Devices setting isn't present on my config page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	87
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	1345459

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	84
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	1345460
        -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
          Just to verify the plugin version, Wade - in your screenshots you don't have "Enable saving new devices" option - did you just crop it?

Click image for larger version Name:	2019-12-09.png Views:	0 Size:	13.3 KB ID:	1345446
          Saw your post in another thread and installed 3.0.0.20 from the updater. Not sure what all is changed but still don't have the Enable Saving New Devices checkbox on my config page.
          -Wade

Comment

alexbk66 I suspect you haven't had opportunity to address the issue in my initial post yet but wanted to report there is no change in behavior with 3.0.0.20.
            -Wade

Comment

What's interesting - the groups IP address is 0.0.0.0 which explains why it's not working. It looks like you have IPv6 enabled which can cause issues for Zeroconf discovery.

Please try version 3.0.0.21 (in BETA section)

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                alexbk66 I suspect you haven't had opportunity to address the issue in my initial post yet but wanted to report there is no change in behavior with 3.0.0.20.
                Haha I was just looking into it, see reply above

Comment

BTW, are you on Windows? Please enable "Developer Mode" checkbox on "Interfaces and Add Ons" page and restart the plugin - it will start console window where you can see more output.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                    What's interesting - the groups IP address is 0.0.0.0 which explains why it's not working. It looks like you have IPv6 enabled which can cause issues for Zeroconf discovery.

Please try version 3.0.0.21 (in BETA section)
                    Not sure whether it's as intended or not, but all the groups show the 192.168.0.19 address of one of my GH minis. This said, on brief testing of a speak action to 2 separate groups, it appears to be working correctly! The discovery / IP assignment loop has stopped.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2019-12-09 163740.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.1 KB ID:	1345576
                    -Wade

Comment

I have to leave so won't be able to do any further testing until late tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for your work on this!
                      -Wade

Comment

Not sure what all is changed but still don't have the Enable Saving New Devices checkbox on my config page.
                        Don't worry about it - I actually removed the option

Comment

Not sure whether it's as intended or not, but all the groups show the 192.168.0.19 address of one of my GH minis.
                          This said, on brief testing of a speak action to 2 separate groups, it appears to be working correctly! The discovery / IP assignment loop has stopped.
                          Yeah - that's how Google creates the groups - one of the devices decides to be the group leader and creates web interface for the group. So the group ip address can obviously change which is a bit of an issue. So I have to use the device name as an ID instead of IP address. And for that reason all device names should be unique.

But on the other hand it's even better - because IP addresses change fro DHCP sometimes

Comment

This said, on brief testing of a speak action to 2 separate groups, it appears to be working correctly!
                            I still need to work out how to monitor group members properly and to duplicate group status to each group member - i.e. when the group is casting - each device status should reflect the state.

Comment

Working...
                            X