• Time
  • Show
Clear All

AK Google Cast plugin does not install

-Purchased Google Cast plugin
    -Did Download & Install in Plugin Manage
    -Got the message "Install/Update of package AK Google Cast was successful."
    But plugin does not appear in the list of INstalled Plugins
    -Having checked Developper mode I get this long error message (that I truncated a few lines) in the Logs

04/01/2020 5:33:45 PM ~!~Error~!~Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_AKGoogleCast.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKGoogleCast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKGoogleCast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKGoogleCast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKGoogleCast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKGoogleCast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKGoogleCast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKGoogleCast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

-From support pages I tried your recommendation of copying a new netstandard.dll
    "Please try to unzip and copy attached netstandard.dll into /bin/AKGoogleCast folder"

But same results in the logs

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows)
    HomeSeer: Is Registered
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - Work Station
    OS Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack: 3.0

I'll check asap

Comment

alexbk66 ybouchard Will it actually work with Windows XP O/S? I do not think I could get it to work with XP. I just recently updgraded my O/S from XP (reluctantly-HS was flawless for several years on XP). There was several plug ins that required >NET 4.5 or higher (not supported on XP), which is why I finally decided to upgrade my O/S.

I want to say *if my memory recalls correctly* that Google was one of them that I could not get to work, which was a deciding factor for me, until I upgraded.

*****caveat, as always I could be wrong

Comment

It may means that I would have to get rid of my good old XP HomeTroller

I’ll wait for further feedback

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ybouchard View Post
          It may means that I would have to get rid of my good old XP HomeTroller

I’ll wait for further feedback

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          ybouchard , might be a good thing to wait for alexbk66 for the correct answer!! ( as I can be wrong on this! ). I do feel your pain/understand "good old XP".

Comment

I didn't realise it was Windows XP Guys, I have no idea if it will work on XP.

The plugin depends on so many different .NET libraries, pretty complex - for mDNS (Zeroconf) discovery, for communicating with Google devices. These libraries may not be available on XP - XP isn't even the previous version. Even Windows 7 is officially discontinued. So definitely these OSes don't get latest .NET versions.

Personally I like Windows 10 - it's designed for embedded systems and can be pretty light weight. You can even run Win 10 on RasPI.

Comment

And yeah, the plugin is built for .NET 4.7.2 which probably is not really necessary. I might try building vs .NET 4.5 or 4.0, but not sure about the result.

Comment

Nope, minimal version required for Google libraries is 4.5.2

Comment

In my case, I did update from Windows XP to a very stripped down version of Windows 10 Pro.(I did upgrade my HS machine at same time.) I was not happy with Windows 10 Pro for several reasons. I am running on Windows Server now. I am MUCH happier and VERY pleased so far running Windows Server.

ybouchard I am not familiar with a Hometroller, but if you decided to keep it, are you able to upgrade it to a different O/S if you wanted?

Comment

Originally posted by Meapilot View Post
                    ybouchard I am not familiar with a Hometroller, but if you decided to keep it, are you able to upgrade it to a different O/S if you wanted?
                    I think Hometroller is Raspberry PI? Don't get why people buy it? It's a bit cheaper, but if you plan to use HS for years - it's worth spending a couple of hundreds dollars extra - but get future proof system.

Comment

alexbk66 Hometroller he is referencing would not be a Pi. They came/come in different versions. Depends on model you get/have. Some are Pi, some are Windows (embedded I believe) and some are Linux versions. I am just not sure if you can updgrade the O/S on all of the models. I have read you can update the Linux models, so I guess (not sure though) Windows versions would be able to be upgraded as well.

Some people use Pi and install a Lite version of HS on them. I have seen where run Full version on some Pi they built themselves as alot run Full version HS on a computer they built themselves. Depends on what intent is for running HS. Small set up to extremely large set up. As well as personal preference for Linux vs Windows. Seems alot of people lately are going to Linux version vs WIndows as they say it is more stable. Personally I am not as familiar with Linux as I am Windows.
                      I would still be on Windows XP if it would support the plug ins of my interest! . I can understand with issues I ran into with Windows 10 why people would switch to Linux

Comment

To clarify which Hometroller I have, it is an old one with embedded Win-XP, purchased way back in 2012 and running HS2 which was later upgraded to HS3. (Even though I am categorized as NewbiSeer , I have been using HS for a while and home automation since the dawn of X-10)
                        So I am not surprised that I have to upgrade it. The unit can proudly retire after all those years of good and flawless service.
                        Now I have to look for its replacement and as I have been very satisfied with the Hometroller serie, I was seriously considering the HomeTroller S6 PRO that would provide me all the same multiple I/Os (serial, usb, Mic, DisplayPort etc.) and in a self contained unit. Even though it is a bit expensive, if it would be as worry free as my current one, it would be worth the investment on the long run.
                        Any comments on my choice ?

Comment

Originally posted by ybouchard View Post
                          I was seriously considering the HomeTroller S6 PRO that would provide me all the same multiple I/Os (serial, usb, Mic, DisplayPort etc.) and in a self contained unit. Even though it is a bit expensive, if it would be as worry free as my current one, it would be worth the investment on the long run
                          I personally like Hystou fanless computers - they have huge choice and you can select one for your budget. I bought i7 to make it future proof - it was on special $273. That's a proper computer and proper processor! In case you want cameras feed you need i7 power.

Also I did have Win 10 licence, so didn't have to pay for it. And I bought HS Pro on half price sale for $300.

But that's me - I like to have choice and I'm not afraid to install everything myself.

If you decide to buy Hystou - feel free to contact me for more tips (before you buy).

PS: At the moment HS have pretty chip HomeTroller-SEL PRO Smart Home Hub - OPEN BOX $499

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hystou.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	1352259 Click image for larger version

Name:	Hystou2.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	1352260

Comment

First of all mind you, I am NOT an expert at any of this by a long shot. My opinion ONLY. I wanted an updated system as stated above. I wanted reliability of XP. Set it up, get it stable, and FORGET IT.
                            Depends on your requirements, preferences, comfort level of install vs buy plug n play.

The Hometroller S6, seems to be the updated version of what you have. Windows, albiet embedded so no preset/forced Windows updates ( I presume). The SEL is Linux based O/S. SO hometrollers seem to have more of the plug n play style all in one systems.

Anything such as a PC running Linux or Windows O/S would be totally up to your level of involvment installing what you want/prefer.
                            I went from Old Mini Laptop (2008) era I believe it is Running XP with like 1 GB Ram, 500 GB Spinning Hard drive. I chose an i5 Intel Processor, 8 GB Ram replaced spinning HDD with a new 500GB SSD. I kept my external Hard drive that was and still is utilized for FULL system back ups. I am running WIndows Server 2016 O/S. First installed Windows 10 Pro stripped down with all fluff removed. Both old and updgraded are dedicated ONLY to HS.
                            Currently have about 41 zwave nodes, little over 100 active events, 8 plug ins ( almost ready to enable the WX plug in again) and it averages about 1-2% load on system currently. I am overkill for what I am asking of system, but feel it is future proof for a while.

There are severl threads on options for differnt choices for HS box running either Windows or Linux. Alex showed one option. There are a few examples of using Lenovo box (retired lease/refurbished untis) for some really good pricing if you look hard enough and are comfortable doing that.
                            My box is a Lenovo Laptop. I am looking at an Lenovo M93 TINY and move my SSD currently to the M93 TINY ( can find about $100) and then use the T540 Laptop with another SSD and probably dual boot it to Windows Server and Linux for HS4 just to famailiarize myself with Linux O/S.
                            The parts to updgrade these units are inexpensive and I basically installed a new WLAN card (for 5GH band) and the new SSD. It sounds like a lot , but plenty of resources on the forums here to assist with any issues or unfamiliar territory you might run into.

I am VERY pleased with my set up at this point. Just finding too many ways to broaden it so I have not stop adding tinkering with it YET.

I do not think you can go wrong either way. Plug n Play with new Hometroller SE6. It seems to run Windows 10 or the SEL running Linux. Or jsut choose a machine of your choice and make it exactly as you want it.

Long post, but if you have any other questions, feel free! Now , if Google would just decide what they want to do, I would be alot better off. HAHA
                            **** 99.9% of my problem is ME pushing buttons****

*EDIT: I am only utilizing ZWave at this point. I do run Alex Google Cast plug in with Google minis and Chromecast devices for speakers Looking into MQTT ( not decided on yet). Only interface I have ever used is the Homeseer ZNet and it has been fine for me. I have been/am pleased with it as well.

Comment

alexbk66 I saw you mention that box on a different thread. I glanced at website for those. Seems you got a really good deal on that machine as well for what it is! I did not find one at that price point currently on website!

Comment

Working...
                              X