Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Way to turn off a device connected to a Chromecast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

The OP wanted to turn off the TV when the the Chromecast was done. The Hackaday article specifically states that "It also sends shutdown commands to the attached TV when Chromecast goes into its idle state, saving energy."
    Not sure what you are trying to say?

Comment

Could you simulate the commands to Google Home Assistant by linking/authenticating to the users Home account. Then would it be possible to simulate the request "hey Google, turn on/off the master tv" using these tools?

https://developers.google.com/assist...ncepts/intents

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Gadget View Post
        Could you simulate the commands to Google Home Assistant by linking/authenticating to the users Home account. Then would it be possible to simulate the request "hey Google, turn on/off the master tv" using these tools?

https://developers.google.com/assist...ncepts/intents
        May be it's possible, but it's whole new story. Would be easier if Google provided C# API for this, but unfortunately it's only Java/JS.

I will investigate more, but after HS4 port.

Comment

Is TTS only 'using' the speaker function, and not able to "send" commands to Google Assistant? if it could, then that method might work.

Otherwise,

Duct Tape Solution: Use Two Google Minis side-by-side, One is a "Speaker" the other is the "Receiver". Create an Event "OK Google, Turn Off Master TV"

🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Gadget View Post
            Is TTS only 'using' the speaker function, and not able to "send" commands to Google Assistant? if it could, then that method might work.

Otherwise,

Duct Tape Solution: Use Two Google Minis side-by-side, One is a "Speaker" the other is the "Receiver". Create an Event "OK Google, Turn Off Master TV"

🤔
            No, I can't send any commands. Google does have the API for that, but it's only web or mobile, they don't support standalone apps. I'm still investigating that anyways.

And your "solution" had been discussed before, seriously.

Comment

node.js That's exactly what you need no TTS doesn't give the commands but once you create a server with node you can I have mine working got a running as a server on my raspberry pi alongside my HS4 standalone Line-X version on the same pie...Works great I'm using trigger events to communicate back to Google and have Google do things.. you can even trigger script it's almost limitless once you get it set up and you got to build an API and get authorized but other than that it's not too bad ..a little linux code work at the terminal

Comment

Originally posted by willride365@gmail.com View Post
                node.js That's exactly what you need
                Do you mean you can switch TV OFF using Node.js?

Comment

node.js That's exactly what you need
                  HS 4.1.11.0 Supports Node-Red https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...lease+4.1.11.0

Can it be used?

Comment

look up assistant relay Read its documentation I believe that's what you want I don't know anything about note red

Comment

look up assistant relay Read its documentation I believe that's what you want I don't know anything about note red
                      ok

btw, your user name is your email address which is a bad idea

Comment

Working...
                      X