Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error downloading image:

Originally posted by DBNet View Post
    Well after making that setting change, it just throws an error...
    Mar-20 12:55:14 PM AK GoogleCast ERROR [256]: Error downloading image: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Wp...w-no-l75-nd-mv (412409c949c137c51255400ff0f2d570/image0.jpg): A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]
    Mar-20 12:55:15 PM AK GoogleCast ERROR [256]: Error downloading image: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Wp...w-no-l75-nd-mv (412409c949c137c51255400ff0f2d570/image0.jpg): A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]
    Ver. 3.0.0.26 - Replaced error "Error downloading image" with log msg

System.Drawing.Image.FromStream doesn't recognise some images. So for now I changed the error to normal log level, so you don't get the error constantly.

Will try to investigate further the cause.

So I think this issue is like the one above. I have four GH devices that show images but only one is actually showing the backdrop image the other three aren't (they all show song playing images etc.). You can see the Office is getting the URL, etc but not showing when the kitchen is getting the same type of data.I have checked and they are all configured to get the data. The attached pics show what I'm talking about:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	GoogleCast Office .png Views:	0 Size:	230.7 KB ID:	1376093 Click image for larger version  Name:	GoogleCast Kitchen.png Views:	0 Size:	330.0 KB ID:	1376092

Do I have something set up incorrectly?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
      So I think this issue is like the one above. I have four GH devices that show images but only one is actually showing the backdrop image the other three aren't (they all show song playing images etc.). You can see the Office is getting the URL, etc but not showing when the kitchen is getting the same type of data.I have checked and they are all configured to get the data. The attached pics show what I'm talking about:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	GoogleCast Office .png Views:	0 Size:	230.7 KB ID:	1376093 Click image for larger version  Name:	GoogleCast Kitchen.png Views:	0 Size:	330.0 KB ID:	1376092
      Do I have something set up incorrectly?
      Thank you for providing more info, I can see some problem here - the one which is working has normal slashes in the url "/", but the one which is not working - has the slashes escaped "\/". Which is obviously a problem.

Hopefully it's a simple fix.

Comment

Originally posted by DBNet View Post
        Yes, getting these over and over...

[256]: Error downloading image: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Tj...w-no-l75-nd-mv (412409c949c137c51255400ff0f2d570/image1.jpg): A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]

Ver. BETA 3.0.0.33 - fixed a few issues including this, please test

Comment

Same still http:VV. I installed over the top and deleted the plugin and re-installed 3.0.0.33 fresh. Anything else I should check?

Comment

Same still http:VV. I installed over the top and deleted the plugin and re-installed 3.0.0.33 fresh. Anything else I should check?
            I need to check again - I was working until 3am, which could be possible mistake

Comment

I made more changes in BETA 3.0.0.34 and added more logging, so if there's an issue - please enable the log for the particular GH.

Please note that you don't need to uninstall - just verify that after update you do have ver. 3.0.0.34

[EDIT] ver. 3.0.0.35

Comment

OK here is the log from 3.0.0.35. You can see that the "Kitchen" the one that gets the backdrop image is logging every minute when it refreshes the other three (that don't show the image) don't. I have Do not log on the device and it's children but logging. here you go (your thousand words!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	GoogleCast Log.png
Views:	140
Size:	442.9 KB
ID:	1376573

Comment

OK here is the log from 3.0.0.35. You can see that the "Kitchen" the one that gets the backdrop image is logging every minute when it refreshes the other three (that don't show the image) don't. I have Do not log on the device and it's children but logging. here you go (your thousand words!)
                  Thank you. Ok, can you also post screenshot of the plugin config page, and the HS interface for not working devices. Strange - you don't have logs for the devices which don't show the image?

Comment

OK I just checked further and the images ARE showing up now on the other devices so the http:VV problem has gone away for those. They are NOT logging every minute like the one above. Humm.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Thank you. Ok, can you also post screenshot of the plugin config page, and the HS interface for not working devices. Strange - you don't have logs for the devices which don't show the image?
                      No need. It was checked to log there so that is working! Haha I had unchecked it the HS4 logging on the device and children there NOT the GC configuration page. Sorry for the confusion

Comment

No need. It was checked to log there so that is working! Haha I had unchecked it the HS4 logging on the device and children there NOT the GC configuration page. Sorry for the confusion
                        So, all good?

Comment

Yep the only thing I need to track down now is why when using a display as a speaker client from HS all of them speak but only two of them return to the backdrop display and the others don't. If I restart the plugin they all start up with back drop no issues. They are all set up he same way so who knows..

Comment

Yep the only thing I need to track down now is why when using a display as a speaker client from HS all of them speak but only two of them return to the backdrop display and the others don't. If I restart the plugin they all start up with back drop no issues. They are all set up he same way so who knows..
                            I will test my Chromecast too

Comment

Yeah I just did a factory reset on one of the displays, restarted it and the plugin to see the New name and the app shows the backdrop. Then I sent a speak to the display which worked and then the display itself recovers but the device shows stopped and you can see it anymore in the device page. I don't think the play button works at this point as it hasn't recovered the backdrop URL so there is nothing to play. The other thing FYI to get it all working after I completed the Factory Reset and renamed the device in the GC config page the New name was there but in the devices page it still had the old name. I shut down the plugin and deleted the device, restarted the plugin and all was correct, New name and working.

Comment

Working...
                              X