Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would make a paid PI that you would develop better?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would make a paid PI that you would develop better?

Sometimes I get questions like this - "what would make a paid PI that you would develop better?" Well...

1. First of all I don't get the question - why not just try? Why nobody asks what do you get by paying $100K for BMW vs. $10K for Hyundai?

2. You get reliability. I'm professional software engineer with 30 years experience developing mission critical systems (control systems for nuclear reactors, medical equipment, etc)

3. I test all corner cases, error handling and recovery. And you can see in my forums - once the plugin is out of BETA - there's not many support threads

4. You get user friendly SW - it just works. I don't ask users to configure 30 different parameters, or enter curl commands in console window.

5. You get same day support - no question unanswered, check out my forums - every thread ends with my reply.

I think all this is worth $39 (currently $34 thanks cowinger)

Stay well.

I totally agree! I have found this PI to be 100% reliable thanks to your great work. No question it is well worth $34!

Comment

Even better Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
        Sometimes I get questions like this - "what would make a paid PI that you would develop better?" Well...

1. First of all I don't get the question - why not just try? Why nobody asks what do you get by paying $100K for BMW vs. $10K for Hyundai?

2. You get reliability. I'm professional software engineer with 30 years experience developing mission critical systems (control systems for nuclear reactors, medical equipment, etc)

3. I test all corner cases, error handling and recovery. And you can see in my forums - once the plugin is out of BETA - there's not many support threads

4. You get user friendly SW - it just works. I don't ask users to configure 30 different parameters, or enter curl commands in console window.

5. You get same day support - no question unanswered, check out my forums - every thread ends with my reply.

I think all this is worth $39 (currently $34 thanks cowinger)

Stay well.
        No experience with one of your PI's/

But in case this is true please develop more PI's and I and others are interested in a native HS4 Modbus PI as the current available Modbus PI has no support and has some limitations.

---
        John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post
          No experience with one of your PI's/

But in case this is true please develop more PI's and I and others are interested in a native HS4 Modbus PI as the current available Modbus PI has no support and has some limitations.
          https://shop.homeseer.com/search?typ...uct&q=alexbk66

I had big plans - delivering new plugin every 2 months. But thanks to HS4 the plans are changed a bit, you know

Comment

https://shop.homeseer.com/search?typ...uct&q=alexbk66

I had big plans - delivering new plugin every 2 months. But thanks to HS4 the plans are changed a bit, you know
            Indeed an impressive list of PI for equipment/techniques that I do not have in place.

In case you are releasing HS4 PI's please consider also a good Modbus PI

HS4 is on the way. HS only has to fix 200+ logged bugs and a ton of non logged bugs

---
            John

Comment

In case you are releasing HS4 PI's please consider also a good Modbus PI
              I will, unless somebody else jumps in

Comment

I actually work with automation suppliers in Australia and China - and there's a lot of interest from them, and I have boxes of sample devices sitting on my desk. And they are asking...

But... HS4...

Comment

I actually work with automation suppliers in Australia and China - and there's a lot of interest from them, and I have boxes of sample devices sitting on my desk. And they are asking...

But... HS4...
                  Sounds great. Actually I'm changing my IT infrastructure. Purchased a 18U server cabinet but due to COVID-19 I did get the 22U version for the same price. Started working with keystones and that system is really great compared to the old fashioned RJ45 wall boxes.

Added also an additional 120 m of Cat 7 cable.
                  ---
                  John

Comment

Sounds great. Actually I'm changing my IT infrastructure. Purchased a 18U server cabinet but due to COVID-19 I did get the 22U version for the same price. Started working with keystones and that system is really great compared to the old fashioned RJ45 wall boxes.

Added also an additional 120 m of Cat 7 cable.
                    ---
                    John
                    Interesting. You must have a lot of equipment.

Comment

Working...
                    X