Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cast that Audio clip

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
    Ok that gives me another challenge then. I see the plugin has created cast a media file is it possible to cast audio? I have a couple of Google audio casts laying around and I’m thinking run one on the HS server and just do a recorded clip of the TTS verbiage onto a file, select cast that Audio clip, send it to any Chromecast devices on the network from the HS server then resume backdrop. Now you aren’t sending TTS your really casting audio. Sounds crazy but could that work? I know just the lass to record my clips! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    That's not crazy at all. Easy:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cast-URL.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	1376818

The only problem may be "then resume backdrop" - that I need to check.

Bigstevep if you use HS webserver to cast local media:

1. the files should be under root/html/Wave folder, then your URL will be host/Wave (without 'html')
    2. to resume the Backdrop app reset the "Application" - by setting the Application device to "Quit"
    2. but only after the delay greater than your media duration, otherwise it will be interrupted

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cast-URL.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1376822

Comment

Thanks Alex. I'll play with it this weekend and see if I can get it working right.Will give me something to do since I've been on Stay At Home Orders over three weeks now!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
        Thanks Alex. I'll play with it this weekend and see if I can get it working right.Will give me something to do since I've been on Stay At Home Orders over three weeks now!
        Good luck and stay well

Comment

Working...
        X