Startup Error on 4.1.1.2 HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Startup Error on 4.1.1.2 HS4

I am getting this error in the startup log after upgrading to 4.1.1.2.

Code:
    7/25/2020 11:52:05 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~AK GoogleCast ERROR~!~
    Update.AddReceiver(): System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.Parameter name: key
    at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.Contain sKey(TKey key)
    at HSPI_AKGoogleCast.Controller.AddReceiver(Receiver receiver, Boolean save, Boolean bQueue, DeviceCastRoot dev)
    at HSPI_AKGoogleCast.Controller.Update(Boolean InitIOinThread)

What plugin version?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
      What plugin version?
      Alex, it is 3.0.0.59. I was on a earlier version, I think 53, and I upgraded to 59 but I got the same error.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

Alex, it is 3.0.0.59. I was on a earlier version, I think 53, and I upgraded to 59 but I got the same error.
        Ok, it looks like some device info is missing. Can you please post your AKGoogleCast.ini file.

I checked the source code - the error shouldn't prevent the plugin from working. What's you observation? What doesn't work?

Comment

Thank you for providing your config file. As I suspected, the first entry is wrong. Please delete it and change the other entries indexes (0 to 3).

Also, ver 3.0.0.60 (BETA) I added more error checking. Added bonus - multiple configurable selection of Zeroconf discovery providers incl. Bonjour (if you are on Windows)
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...s-windows-only

Code:
          0={"DisplayName":null,"id":null,"UseIdKey":false,"stype":nu l l,"IPEndPoint":null}

Comment

Ok, will do. I also saw this in the logs. I updated to 3.0.0.60

7/27/2020 8:25:34 AM
            Legacy-Plugin
            AK GoogleCast Warning
            Running on windows - using Tmds

7/27/2020 8:25:28 AM
            Legacy-Plugin
            AK GoogleCast Warning
            AddReceiver NULL '' (UseIdKey:False)

Comment

The first "warning" is just info - which Zeroconf provider was selected.
              The last one is caused by the wrong config entry.

Comment

I am unable to change the ini file. My computer says I need admin rights and I have tried to change the rights but it still comes up not letting me. I tried right clicking on the file but there is no selection for "open as admin". haven't come across this one before. Any idea why open as admin wouldn't show up?

Never mind. I recreated the file with the changes and copied it back into the HS4 folder. I rebooted PI. Still getting the last error as in post 6.

Comment

Still getting the last error as in post 6.
                  Strange. Can you check your ini file again?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Strange. Can you check your ini file again?
                    After I rebooted PI it came back.

0={"DisplayName":null,"id":null,"UseIdKey":false,"stype":nu l l,"IPEndPoint":null}
                    1={"DisplayName":"2nd Bath speaker","id":"a55f82f227b47150c05a74be29dca6b0","UseIdKey": false,"stype":"Google Home Mini","IPEndPoint":"192.168.0.16:8009"}
                    2={"DisplayName":"Master Bedroom speaker","id":"1551a01b3f0c23c915d49822b8fedaf0","UseIdKey": false,"stype":"Google Home Mini","IPEndPoint":"192.168.0.18:8009"}
                    3={"DisplayName":"Living Room speaker","id":"66b88db266f0ccb954ccb7b25782123d","UseIdKey": false,"stype":"Google Home Mini","IPEndPoint":"192.168.0.23:8009"}
                    4={"DisplayName":"Office speaker","id":"182a2a71c919f88c38af07db3ac6f0a3","UseIdKey": false,"stype":"Google Home Mini","IPEndPoint":"192.168.0.17:8009"}

Comment

I don't think it "came back" - I suspect it didn't go away as you couldn't edit the file. It's created by HS running as admin, that's why you need to be admin to edit it.

May be try to stop HS first, then see if you can edit it. And just in case delete the ini.bak file.

In any case you can ignore the warning.

Comment

Ok, I stopped PI and was able to change the ini file. Deleted bak file. Rebooted and I don't see the error anymore. Thanks for the help.

Comment

No problem

Comment

Working...
                          X