Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are my local music casting options (CCA & CCA Groups)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are my local music casting options (CCA & CCA Groups)?

Now that I've got my audio system back up and running thanks to your hard work and persistence, I would like to know what my casting options are for local Music?.

Example:
    1) Playlists (Plex or others) consumption for local music?
    2) Album Casting (a continuation through each song in a folder)?

Would love a Plex playlist solution, where I could tell Alexa to play "such and such".
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
    Now that I've got my audio system back up and running thanks to your hard work and persistence, I would like to know what my casting options are for local Music?.

Example:
    1) Playlists (Plex or others) consumption for local music?
    2) Album Casting (a continuation through each song in a folder)?

Would love a Plex playlist solution, where I could tell Alexa to play "such and such".
    The plugin includes Plex controller, but I never tried it, I need to check. I mean currently it's not supported, but I'm sure it's possible.

May be add request https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...atures-request

Comment

If not Plex, how about m3u8 playlists? (They can be created with Plex Webtools)

Attached an example Playlist

MusicPlaylist.zip
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I have a Logitech Media Server (LMS - formerly Squeezebox) for all my local music and have the ability to stream music from it to my Google Home units via the chromecast bridge plugin. I have not tried the Squeezebox plugin for HomeSeer (yet) but since the LMS sees each Chromecast and Home unit (speakers and display) as a Squeezebox, you should have full control provided by the plugin inside HomeSeer.

The LMS is free, you can put players on a Raspberry Pi as well, or get used units still. I have a Squeezbox Touch on the stereo and the sound is as good as anything else I play through, taking the original source into account as well. Only meaning a recording from a bad tape to digital at low quality can't be expected to play as a better original recording source at a higher digital quality.

Karl
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        1070 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        104 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
          If not Plex, how about m3u8 playlists? (They can be created with Plex Webtools)

Attached an example Playlist
          I do have plans for adding playlists, but later, after porting to HS4.

My original idea for this plugin was to monitor what Chromecast/GoogleHome are playing and saving to the list - then to be able to replay the list, or select particular track from the list.

I.e. if Spotify is playing and I did like some song - I wan't to be able to replay it again.

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
            I have a Logitech Media Server (LMS - formerly Squeezebox) for all my local music and have the ability to stream music from it to my Google Home units via the chromecast bridge plugin. I have not tried the Squeezebox plugin for HomeSeer (yet) but since the LMS sees each Chromecast and Home unit (speakers and display) as a Squeezebox, you should have full control provided by the plugin inside HomeSeer.

The LMS is free, you can put players on a Raspberry Pi as well, or get used units still. I have a Squeezbox Touch on the stereo and the sound is as good as anything else I play through, taking the original source into account as well. Only meaning a recording from a bad tape to digital at low quality can't be expected to play as a better original recording source at a higher digital quality.

Karl
            I tried for almost a year to get LMS, the Chromecast Bridge PI and HS to play nice with my setup, but I finally gave up.
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
            X