Why doesn't this fire the event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesn't this fire the event?

For some strange reason this event will not fire. What am I doing wrong. If I use "changes and becomes" if fires, but "has been/for at least" OR "has been/for exactly" does not.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-08-08_17-46-13.png
Views:	122
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1409719
    RJ_Make On YouTube

I don't know. It's got nothing to do with the plugin. I suspect because "has been" is not a trigger, but a condition.

So you may try "periodic event" i.e. once a minute (trigger), and second condition "has been".

You can do it using two events - it's a mess, but two options there:

Option 1:

1. Trigger "changes and becomes: Paused", action "set device after 5 minutes"
    2. Another event - "changes and becomes not Paused", action - reset delayed action above

Option 2:

1. Trigger "device has its value set to: Paused", action "set device" - without wait
    2. Another event - execute event 1 "if event conditions still met" "after waiting for 5 minutes.

Comment

I though "This device has been/for exactly..." was a point in time trigger?

EDIT: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ue-is?t=172750
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
        I though "This device has been/for exactly..." was a point in time trigger?

EDIT: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ue-is?t=172750
        Don't know. It's easy to test with simple virtual device.

[EDIT] "for exactly" may be, but "for at least" definitely not.

Comment

Something strange is going on here, I can't remembering having this problem before.

This works.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-08-09_12-01-06.png Views:	0 Size:	117.6 KB ID:	1409852

This does NOT work.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-08-09_12-05-34.png Views:	0 Size:	159.6 KB ID:	1409853
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Ok so more investigation and it does appear the problem is with the PI.

The root device status is not correctly updating to match the event criteria. If you pause the cast, the icon changes but the word "Pause" does not display, just stays at the last elapsed time, and events don't work. If I hit the "eject" (arrow up) it breaks the connection and when it reconnect the word "Pause" is displayed and events work as expected.

This does not work in events.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-08-09_12-29-01.png Views:	0 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	1409861

This work in events.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-08-09_12-28-17.png Views:	0 Size:	68.6 KB ID:	1409862
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Using a "Root Device" in this manner looks odd to me.
              HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
              Home Assistant 2024.3
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
              Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
              Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
              WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
              AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
                Using a "Root Device" in this manner looks odd to me.
                More specific?

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                  The root device status is not correctly updating to match the event criteria. If you pause the cast, the icon changes but the word "Pause" does not display, just stays at the last elapsed time, and events don't work. If I hit the "eject" (arrow up) it breaks the connection and when it reconnect the word "Pause" is displayed and events work as expected.
                  It looks like HS problem - HS device has two "status" values - integer number (i.e. -1007 for Paused) and the device "string" (text). I can control both separately.

If the device icon is the "pause" - means the device integer state is -1007 (Paused). But HS event seems to look at the string value?

I can easilly change the behavior to show "Paused" text, I thought though it's nice to see at what time it's paused.

BTW, the button you are talking ("Eject") - is actually "Load" - it loads the current content from ContentId device, i.e. if you played some URL and you click "Load" it will start paying this url again.

And you can have some HS event setting the ContentId device url - then you click "Load" (or use another HS event) to play this url.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

It looks like HS problem - HS device has two "status" values - integer number (i.e. -1007 for Paused) and the device "string" (text). I can control both separately.

If the device icon is the "pause" - means the device integer state is -1007 (Paused). But HS event seems to look at the string value?

I can easilly change the behavior to show "Paused" text, I thought though it's nice to see at what time it's paused.

BTW, the button you are talking ("Eject") - is actually "Load" - it loads the current content from ContentId device, i.e. if you played some URL and you click "Load" it will start paying this url again.

And you can have some HS event setting the ContentId device url - then you click "Load" (or use another HS event) to play this url.
                    I agree, would it be possible to break out the the time in another device. If not time, how about the status?

As it stands there is no way to use an event trigger or condition on the root device.

Understood about the Load button. For me all it does is break the connection (outside of TTS, currently I'm just casting from other programs, not from the PI).

Thanks for your help.
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Try ver. 3.0.0.61 (BETA) should work, still displaying the time

Comment

More specific?
                        Can't. I'm not a programmer, but I had observed and assumed that the root device was more of a container than anything else. I browsed through mine and found none that contain "information." I'm not saying it can't be done, I don't know, but I'd never seen it before. It just "looks" odd, I have no facts to debate.
                        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                        Home Assistant 2024.3
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post

Can't. I'm not a programmer, but I had observed and assumed that the root device was more of a container than anything else. I browsed through mine and found none that contain "information." I'm not saying it can't be done, I don't know, but I'd never seen it before. It just "looks" odd, I have no facts to debate.
                          Not sure what exactly you mean? What is odd here?

Comment

Try ver. 3.0.0.61 (BETA) should work, still displaying the time
                            Nice Work! Now my original event works.. Thank You.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-08-10_16-08-54.png
Views:	105
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	1410197
                            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

You welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X