Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exposed Chromecast functions for scripting (via PluginFunction)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exposed Chromecast functions for scripting (via PluginFunction)

From Ver. 3.0.0.62 plugin exposes functions for scripting - via HS PluginFunction function.

The PluginFunction function takes the function name (listed below) and array of arguments.
    The first argument in the array should be Chromecast ID or Name.

Note 1: for Chromecast groups using Name is recommended as ID may (does) change.

Note 2: plugin name has a space after AK: "AK GoogleCast"

I.e.

VB
    Code:
    hs.PluginFunction("AK GoogleCast", "", "Speak", New Object() {"131a967da316b73614c56964a67042d2", "Text to speak"})
    hs.PluginFunction("AK GoogleCast", "", "Speak", New Object() {"All House Group", "Text to speak"})
    C#
    Code:
    &shs.PluginFunction("AK GoogleCast", "", "Speak", new object[] {"Bedroom speaker", "Text to speak"});
    &shs.PluginFunction("AK GoogleCast", "", "PlayMediaFile", new object[] {"Bedroom speaker", "Media/Store_Door_Chime.mp3"});
    &shs.PluginFunction("AK GoogleCast", "", "Control", new object[] {"Bedroom speaker", -1008});
    All Chromecast device functions can be executed this way, most useful:

1. Speak(string text)

2. PlayMediaFile(string fname)

Note: fname can be absolute or relative to HS root folder

3. SendMedia(string ContentId, string ContentType)

Note: ContentId may be a URL or Webpage (ContentType = "iframe")

4. SetMute(bool mute)

5. Play, Pause, Stop, Prev, Next, Rewind, Forward, Disable

6. Control(int state)

Most states are available via shortcut functions above (except for LOAD and SEEK).

Note: functionality depends on the particular app running in the device, some states may not be supported by some apps.

List of states (note: negative numbers):
    Value Comment
    ENABLE -1000 Enable Chromecast
    DISABLE -1001 Disable Chromecast
    STOP -1006
    PAUSE -1007
    PLAY -1008
    REWIND -1010
    FORWARD -1011
    PREVIOUS -1012
    NEXT -1013
    LOAD -1014 Load current content displayed in ContentID HS device
    SEEK 1-100 Move current track position in %

Good Morning, First I want to Commend you on an actual Plugin that is fully functional. I have watched this one mature from inception. I purchased it yesterday and it work flawlessly.
    My configuration is as follows HS4PRO Ver 4.1.4.0- on a Virtual Windows 2019 Server- irunning on VMWare Fusion - on a wired network - connecting to the Google Home Hubs on WiFI in a different subnet and VLAN. Now for my question based on the above is it possible to after an event trigger to send a command to Google Home Hub to display the nest Cam in that area and then stop and resume the picture roll I currently have running. Kudo's to your work !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rmies1 View Post
      Good Morning, First I want to Commend you on an actual Plugin that is fully functional. I have watched this one mature from inception. I purchased it yesterday and it work flawlessly.
      My configuration is as follows HS4PRO Ver 4.1.4.0- on a Virtual Windows 2019 Server- irunning on VMWare Fusion - on a wired network - connecting to the Google Home Hubs on WiFI in a different subnet and VLAN. Now for my question based on the above is it possible to after an event trigger to send a command to Google Home Hub to display the nest Cam in that area and then stop and resume the picture roll I currently have running. Kudo's to your work !!!!!
      It's late afternoon in Australia Good morning. And thank you.

It's a good idea to post either in
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...atures-request or
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...e-introduction or
      open a new thread.

This thread is about using the plugin in scripting, which I don't think you want.

I'm not sure how to display the nest cam on the home hub. Does the Nest Cam has a url for fetching the feed?

Probably a new thread is better - for others to contribute.

Comment

will investigate and get back to you and place in features

Comment

Originally posted by rmies1 View Post
          will investigate and get back to you and place in features
          Thank you. Better start a new thread. It may become a long discussion

Comment

Working...
          X