WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from AK Googlecast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from AK Googlecast

I just installed AK Googlecast 3.0.0.74 under HS4 v4.1.7.0 running on Win10.

It appears to install correctly, but when I try to enable it using the toggle, I get:
    WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from AK Googlecast - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed

I tried all the permutations of rebooting/unistalling/installing ... same problem.

I can see a thread with similar problems in the past, so tried installing netstandard.dll and System.IO.dll from that thread to Bin\AKGoogleCast It has not fixed it either.

Any suggestions on how to "refresh the list" or fix this, please?

Anything in the logs?

Also, please enable "Developer Mode" on plugin management page - not sure where it is in HS4 though - then when you start the plugin it should open terminal window where you can see more output.

Usually this indicates .NET version problem, but you shouldn't copy any dlls from older versions.

Comment

I removed those additional dlls from Bin\AKGoogleCast and did a complete uninstall/install of the plugin, then rebooted with "Developer Mode" enabled ...

terminal windows opened for all my other plug-ins, but no terminal window opens for Google Cast.

Log shows:
      03/10/2020 14:12:23 - HomeSeer Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in AK GoogleCast
      03/10/2020 14:11:43 - HomeSeer Plug-In Found plug-in: AK GoogleCast, version: 3.0.0.74

Does the legacy plug-in work under HS4, or is there somewhere I can find an HS4 version?

I had bought the licence and received HS3 and HS4 licence codes, but it will only accept the HS3 licence code.

Comment

Originally posted by Walnut2000 View Post
        I removed those additional dlls from Bin\AKGoogleCast and did a complete uninstall/install of the plugin, then rebooted with "Developer Mode" enabled ...

terminal windows opened for all my other plug-ins, but no terminal window opens for Google Cast.

Log shows:
        03/10/2020 14:12:23 - HomeSeer Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in AK GoogleCast
        03/10/2020 14:11:43 - HomeSeer Plug-In Found plug-in: AK GoogleCast, version: 3.0.0.74

Does the legacy plug-in work under HS4, or is there somewhere I can find an HS4 version?

I had bought the licence and received HS3 and HS4 licence codes, but it will only accept the HS3 licence code.
        You don't need to reboot with the developer mode - every plugin will now open a terminal window.
        - So, disable "Developer Mode"
        - Disable AKGoogleCast
        - Restart HomeSeer
        - Enable "Developer Mode"
        - Enable AKGoogleCast
        - Remember to disable "Developer Mode" when finished!

Comment

The current version is HS3 - and it works under HS4. I'm working on porting to HS4, but it's a lot of work.

Comment

Thank you Alex ... happy to run with an HS3 version, but just wanted to check that wasn't the problem :-)

So, I have no idea what changed, but it is now working fine. I went through the steps you gave in post #3, and noticed some startup errors when I restarted HS4 that the HS4 log was malformed. So I stopped HS4 again, deleted the HS4 log and to allow it to create a new one, restarted and all is working fine.

Once again, I am very impressed with your plug-ins and the support you give. Thanks for your help

Comment

Once again, I am very impressed with your plug-ins and the support you give. Thanks for your help
              Thank you, you are welcome.

I have more ideas for the plugin, but HS4 was unexpected diversion...

Comment

Working...
              X