Strange Side effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Side effect?

When opening a device in the HomeSeer device list I see the following message in the log:
    okt-12 11:59:28 AK GoogleCast ERROR [1413]: Device doesn't exist in the system
    1413 is indeed the internal address of the device that I opened.
    It doesn't hurt yet. But it surprises me somewhat. It seems to happen especially with devices that recently have been added.

Do you mean the device 1413 was deleted? It's a known issue - I keep track of all devices controlled by the plugin in case you delete a device by accident - so you get this error.

But sometimes somehow devices from other plugins get in this list. I saw this before. But I can't reproduce it - when I test it always works...

You are right - it doesn't hurt, but to get rid of this error you need to restart AKGoogleCast. I'll try more...

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
      Do you mean the device 1413 was deleted? It's a known issue - I keep track of all devices controlled by the plugin in case you delete a device by accident - so you get this error.

But sometimes somehow devices from other plugins get in this list. I saw this before. But I can't reproduce it - when I test it always works...

You are right - it doesn't hurt, but to get rid of this error you need to restart AKGoogleCast. I'll try more...
      It happens when I have added a new Z-Wave device using the HS3 Z-wave Plugin (version 3.0.2.0). As far as I see it happens when I open the new device after adding it to the Z-wave interface.

But I must say, it is good to have such a watchdog with respect to deleting devices!

Comment

I found what is happening - all my plugins subscribe to device config events (including deletion) - in case the user deletes some device controlled by the plugin.
        Then I check if the device actually belongs to the plugin. But because the device is deleted - I can't find what plugin it belonged to.
        As I haven't decided what to do in this case, I just changed error to warning level for now.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
          I found what is happening - all my plugins subscribe to device config events (including deletion) - in case the user deletes some device controlled by the plugin.
          Then I check if the device actually belongs to the plugin. But because the device is deleted - I can't find what plugin it belonged to.
          As I haven't decided what to do in this case, I just changed error to warning level for now.
          👍

Comment

I need to come-up with a better idea...

Comment

Working...
            X