Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange Side effect?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Strange Side effect?

    When opening a device in the HomeSeer device list I see the following message in the log:
    okt-12 11:59:28 AK GoogleCast ERROR [1413]: Device doesn't exist in the system
    1413 is indeed the internal address of the device that I opened.
    It doesn't hurt yet. But it surprises me somewhat. It seems to happen especially with devices that recently have been added.

    #2
    Do you mean the device 1413 was deleted? It's a known issue - I keep track of all devices controlled by the plugin in case you delete a device by accident - so you get this error.

    But sometimes somehow devices from other plugins get in this list. I saw this before. But I can't reproduce it - when I test it always works...

    You are right - it doesn't hurt, but to get rid of this error you need to restart AKGoogleCast. I'll try more...

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
      Do you mean the device 1413 was deleted? It's a known issue - I keep track of all devices controlled by the plugin in case you delete a device by accident - so you get this error.

      But sometimes somehow devices from other plugins get in this list. I saw this before. But I can't reproduce it - when I test it always works...

      You are right - it doesn't hurt, but to get rid of this error you need to restart AKGoogleCast. I'll try more...
      It happens when I have added a new Z-Wave device using the HS3 Z-wave Plugin (version 3.0.2.0). As far as I see it happens when I open the new device after adding it to the Z-wave interface.

      But I must say, it is good to have such a watchdog with respect to deleting devices!

      Comment


        #4
        I found what is happening - all my plugins subscribe to device config events (including deletion) - in case the user deletes some device controlled by the plugin.
        Then I check if the device actually belongs to the plugin. But because the device is deleted - I can't find what plugin it belonged to.
        As I haven't decided what to do in this case, I just changed error to warning level for now.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
          I found what is happening - all my plugins subscribe to device config events (including deletion) - in case the user deletes some device controlled by the plugin.
          Then I check if the device actually belongs to the plugin. But because the device is deleted - I can't find what plugin it belonged to.
          As I haven't decided what to do in this case, I just changed error to warning level for now.
          👍

          Comment


            #6
            I need to come-up with a better idea...

            Comment

            Working...
            X