Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event action to stop Googlecast:Cast Media?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Event action to stop Googlecast:Cast Media?

    I'm sure I've missed something obvious, but how do I set an event action to stop a Googlecast:Cast Media stream?

    The BBC don't provide a capability to set a radio alarm via Google or Alexa smart-speakers, but they do provide a URL for streaming their radio stations. So, I have an event to act as a radio alarm and start streaming BBC Radio 4 each morning ... but I can't seem to figure out the event action to automatically turn it off after an hour.

    I've tried using the Control a Device action to set the Google Nest Hub to stop (⏹?) to no effect.

    How should this work?

    #2
    Have you tried this one?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	23
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1427151

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by cowinger View Post
      Have you tried this one?
      Originally posted by Walnut2000 View Post
      I'm sure I've missed something obvious, but how do I set an event action to stop a Googlecast:Cast Media stream?
      No, "Disable TTS" prevents from sending Text-To-Speech to the device. And the Stop/Pause/Etc. buttons really depend on the current app running on the Device.
      What you want is "Quit" button for GoogleCast.Application device.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post



        No, "Disable TTS" prevents from sending Text-To-Speech to the device. And the Stop/Pause/Etc. buttons really depend on the current app running on the Device.
        What you want is "Quit" button for GoogleCast.Application device.
        Ah, yes I see what you mean. TTS vs. media. I found the quit but I have a question. After you use Quit under Application what do you use to resume the media stream?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by cowinger View Post

          Ah, yes I see what you mean. TTS vs. media. I found the quit but I have a question. After you use Quit under Application what do you use to resume the media stream?
          You can't.

          Basically for each app (i.e. Spotify, Youtube, etc) there's a different control protocol and in theory it's possible, and I do have plans to add (some) protocols to my plugin. My original aim was to collect the list of played media (aka history) - and then be able to replay from history. It would be quite nice because most services (i.e. I'm using Spotify) play random tracks - and if you like some song, it's great to be able to go back and play again. Same for Chromecast Backdrop images - if like some picture.

          I'll do it eventually, but as I said - each app has it's own control protocol (often undocumented) so it will take a bit of work.

          BTW, for Spotify I use Pause button, not Stop - then I can use Play button to resume.

          Comment


            #6
            Thanks for the input guys, and the insights.

            Just to confirm, Quit does exactly what I was wanting.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Walnut2000 View Post
              Thanks for the input guys, and the insights.

              Just to confirm, Quit does exactly what I was wanting.
              Cool

              Comment

              Working...
              X