Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event action to stop Googlecast:Cast Media?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event action to stop Googlecast:Cast Media?

I'm sure I've missed something obvious, but how do I set an event action to stop a Googlecast:Cast Media stream?

The BBC don't provide a capability to set a radio alarm via Google or Alexa smart-speakers, but they do provide a URL for streaming their radio stations. So, I have an event to act as a radio alarm and start streaming BBC Radio 4 each morning ... but I can't seem to figure out the event action to automatically turn it off after an hour.

I've tried using the Control a Device action to set the Google Nest Hub to stop (⏹?) to no effect.

How should this work?

Have you tried this one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	142
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1427151

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
      Have you tried this one?
      Originally posted by Walnut2000 View Post
      I'm sure I've missed something obvious, but how do I set an event action to stop a Googlecast:Cast Media stream?
      No, "Disable TTS" prevents from sending Text-To-Speech to the device. And the Stop/Pause/Etc. buttons really depend on the current app running on the Device.
      What you want is "Quit" button for GoogleCast.Application device.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

No, "Disable TTS" prevents from sending Text-To-Speech to the device. And the Stop/Pause/Etc. buttons really depend on the current app running on the Device.
        What you want is "Quit" button for GoogleCast.Application device.
        Ah, yes I see what you mean. TTS vs. media. I found the quit but I have a question. After you use Quit under Application what do you use to resume the media stream?

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

Ah, yes I see what you mean. TTS vs. media. I found the quit but I have a question. After you use Quit under Application what do you use to resume the media stream?
          You can't.

Basically for each app (i.e. Spotify, Youtube, etc) there's a different control protocol and in theory it's possible, and I do have plans to add (some) protocols to my plugin. My original aim was to collect the list of played media (aka history) - and then be able to replay from history. It would be quite nice because most services (i.e. I'm using Spotify) play random tracks - and if you like some song, it's great to be able to go back and play again. Same for Chromecast Backdrop images - if like some picture.

I'll do it eventually, but as I said - each app has it's own control protocol (often undocumented) so it will take a bit of work.

BTW, for Spotify I use Pause button, not Stop - then I can use Play button to resume.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, and the insights.

Just to confirm, Quit does exactly what I was wanting.

Comment

Originally posted by Walnut2000 View Post
              Thanks for the input guys, and the insights.

Just to confirm, Quit does exactly what I was wanting.
              Cool

Comment

Working...
              X