Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TTS austrailian voice sounds depressed. can i download a different austrailian voice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTS austrailian voice sounds depressed. can i download a different austrailian voice?

On ak google cast hs3 plugin, the austrailian voice sounds very depressed when selecting google translate. i tried to then select homeseer instad of google translate but homeseer voices are blank. Is there a way to download more austrailian voices or maybe even celebrity voices like Darth Vader, Samuel L jackson, Robot voices, Kid voices like Resident evil's the Hive queen?

The plugin supports two types of TTS - using local machine translation (Homeseer voice) and using Goggle translate website.

If you use the local speach engine - the voice choice is based on what voice engines you install on your computer, either Microsoft supplied voices (country dependant) or any other voice engine (usually paid).

If you select Google Translate engine - the languages and voices are based on what Goolge Translate website supports, i.e. "au_en" part in the url:

https://translate.google.com/transla...+are+you+going

Both are outside of my area of expertse.

I'm also planning to implement paid Google Cloud translate service with nicer voices, but it won't be free.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
      The plugin supports two types of TTS - using local machine translation (Homeseer voice) and using Goggle translate website.

If you use the local speach engine - the voice choice is based on what voice engines you install on your computer, either Microsoft supplied voices (country dependant) or any other voice engine (usually paid).

If you select Google Translate engine - the languages and voices are based on what Goolge Translate website supports, i.e. "au_en" part in the url:

https://translate.google.com/transla...+are+you+going

Both are outside of my area of expertse.

I'm also planning to implement paid Google Cloud translate service with nicer voices, but it won't be free.
      ok so it sounds like i need to go the local machine translation(homeseer) voice route. But homeseer is not installed on my PC, its installed on my raspberry PI. So i guess that is why the homeseer option is blank? Since this is outside of your expertise, maybe someone else will know what to do.

Comment

Probably RasPi is not good for speach synthesis. And running HS on Pi is a pain too, may be better option is to upgrade to Windows. Because HS is Windows based, to run it on Linux you use extra layer of Mono, which is always a pain, especially on Pi.

You can experiment with Google Translate voices, i.e. try different varians of "en_xx"

Comment

Probably RasPi is not good for speach synthesis. And running HS on Pi is a pain too, may be better option is to upgrade to Windows. Because HS is Windows based, to run it on Linux you use extra layer of Mono, which is always a pain, especially on Pi.

You can experiment with Google Translate voices, i.e. try different varians of "en_xx"
          my computer is not always at home so the people at my house will not be able to hear the tts with homeseer on windows when i take my laptop places. i would have to buy a new computer and that is a waste of money since it will only be used for homeseer and homeseer for windows is already too expensive. thats why i have a pi. i would also have to buy another computer for my dads house just for homeseer which is also even more expensive.

what is the google translate url for? is that for linking to tts on other websites?

also when you make your tts voices cloud server, will you allow a download option so we can still use homeseer offline and to eliminate any delay in speech?

here are some good voices and theres a linux sdk so could be used on the pi i think
          https://www.acapela-group.com/

Comment

theres a ton more google voices here. could you add these please?
            https://cloud.google.com/text-to-speech/docs/voices

Comment

I'll check your links, thank you.

Regarding the URL and your question about downloading the tts - I have to explain how the Google Translate option works.

When you send some TTS text to the plugin - I create the URL (as above example) and download the generated mp3 file. The files are saved in \html\Wave\Cast folder - one file per phrase / per language / per translation option, i.e. GoogleTranslate1382718798-en_au.mp3

So it's always caching the tts files and uses already created files when possible (unless the text changes).

Comment

And regarding upgrading to Windows - currently HS is on 60% sale - which is really good deal never seen before. And for the computor I recommend small factor fanless computers i.e. I like HYSTOU, They have huge choice for any budget

https://www.hystou.com/Fanless-Mini-...-1-----r1.html

Comment

ok thanks ill check them out

Comment

And regarding upgrading to Windows - currently HS is on 60% sale - which is really good deal never seen before. And for the computor I recommend small factor fanless computers i.e. I like HYSTOU, They have huge choice for any budget

https://www.hystou.com/Fanless-Mini-...-1-----r1.html
                    hs4 upgrade from hs4 pi says 107$ US thats like 140$ canadian because im in canada. thats too much.

Comment

Yeah, I don't get why they charge so much - it's the same software anyways.

Comment

Actually, to get 60% discount: Just use coupon code SPECIAL34 when you check out.

Comment

Actually, to get 60% discount: Just use coupon code SPECIAL34 when you check out.
                          oh ok i look forward to your tts cloud server plugin. that i will buy.

Comment

Originally posted by FrogKiss View Post

oh ok i look forward to your tts cloud server plugin. that i will buy.
                            It's not going to be the new plugin, it will be another voice option in AKGoogleCast

Comment

It's not going to be the new plugin, it will be another voice option in AKGoogleCast
                              oh ok sweet

Comment

Working...
                              X