Working normally, then stops playing. Sometimes restarts minutes later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working normally, then stops playing. Sometimes restarts minutes later

Is there a debug setting? Nothing in the log. Driving wife crazy.
    Thanks,
    Barry

There is a debug logging option on the options page in the plugin
    Turn it on and capture the issue, then once you have the issue captured turn off debug logging and attach the debug log zipped
    It is BLMediaPlayer-Detailed.log and is in the HS3 root folder
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks! I've turned debug logging on. This is a random occurrence, so may be a while before I get back to you.
      Barry

Comment

No problem - sorry for the delay - I have been fighting the flu since Dec 24th and it just will not piss off lol
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Here is file from last evening. Started the player from an HSTouch machine. It started fine, then stopped and eventually re-started. Later in the evening, my wife was trying to get something to play and did get it working. Again, it started, stopped and re-started.

Here is my system -
          Current Date/Time: 1/4/2019 4:10:24 PM
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.470
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate - Work Station
          System Uptime: 34 Days 1 Hour 28 Minutes 8 Seconds
          IP Address: 192.168.1.xx
          Number of Devices: 272
          Number of Events: 134
          Available Threads: 400
          HSTouch Enabled: True
          Event Threads: 0
          Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
          Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
          Device Exec Queue: 0
          HSTouch Event Queue: 0
          Email Send Queue: 0
          Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
          1.0.0.147: Arduino Plugin
          3.0.14.0: BLMediaPlayer
          3.0.0.43: EasyTrigger
          3.0.0.30: Nest
          3.0.6629.22233: Ultra1Wire3
          3.0.6551.16959: UltraGCIR3
          3.0.0.88: weatherXML
          3.0.0.36: X10
          3.0.2.215: Z-Wave

Barry
          Attached Files

Comment

I do see that it looks like someone did a stop
            Device ref was 185 and the label of Stop was picked

1/3/2019 7:55:10 PM : v3.0.14.0 - SetIOMulti() started
            1/3/2019 7:55:10 PM : v3.0.14.0 - SetIOMulti(): Found CC.Ref = 185; CC.ControlValue = 0; CC.ControlString = ; CC.Label = Stop
            1/3/2019 7:55:10 PM : v3.0.14.0 - Get_Device_Object_For_Ref() started
            1/3/2019 7:55:10 PM : v3.0.14.0 - Get_Device_Object_For_Ref(): ref --> 185
            1/3/2019 7:55:10 PM : v3.0.14.0 - Get_Device_Object_For_Ref() finished
            1/3/2019 7:55:10 PM : v3.0.14.0 - SetIOMulti(): * device object was FOUND
            1/3/2019 7:55:10 PM : v3.0.14.0 - SetIOMulti(): deviceName --> Status
            1/3/2019 7:55:10 PM : v3.0.14.0 - SetIOMulti(): fullDeviceName --> BLMediaPlayer Status
            1/3/2019 7:55:10 PM : v3.0.14.0 - SetIOMulti(): address --> BLMediaPlayer-Status
            1/3/2019 7:55:10 PM : v3.0.14.0 - PlayerStop() started
            1/3/2019 7:55:10 PM : v3.0.14.0 - PlayerStop(): playState --> wmppsPlaying
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Ref 185 -
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Ref185.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1273050

Comment

The call to SetIOMulti tells me that Stop was selected for that device
                Could something else have chosen it
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I have a Windows 10 PC in the kitchen, running HSTouch. I am using a version of the original HST music selection screen to control the PI. Whole house audio is controlled there too. So normal dinner-time routine is to turn the amp on (via button), then select the album or playlist from a drop-down list. That all works as normal. After a few minutes (maybe 5?) the music just stops. If I use my phone version of the HSTouch or the computer to try hitting play or even selecting another album, nothing happens. If I do nothing - which is what I had done when I had logging on - the music will return after 5 minutes or so. I have also tried disabling the PI then restarting it. It seemed to work OK, but the stopping occurred again after a few days.

I can try using the Web interface (after shutting down the kitchen PC), I've had issues with the album cover not being in sync the album in HSTouch (a very old HSTouch bug) and it may be the culprit. Thanks for the help.

Barry

Comment

Quick update - started the player using HS Mobile last evening (so not through the Kitchen HSTouch machine). The stop-restart happened. So, I may be able to eliminate HSTouch. I'm not going to be able to get back to this for a couple of weeks. I'll start collecting logs and try more methods of starting the player. Thanks. Barry

Comment

Been away and just getting back to this. Decided to use the PI Web page to start the music and the drop-down lists for selecting album, artist, playlist will not work in Chrome or Edge. I can select from the devices page drop down list. Tried doing an uninstall/reinstall and no change. Suggestions for what to try next?

Thanks,
                      Barry

Comment

I will load BLMediaPlayer here as soon as I can and test this out
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Beginning to think the music stopping may be a hardware issue in my whole house audio setup. Will continue testing.
                          Thanks,
                          Barry

Update - it was a failing amp. Has been replaced and all is well.

Comment

Working...
                          X