New User of BLMediaPlayer - a couple of plugin questions/suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New User of BLMediaPlayer - a couple of plugin questions/suggestions

I'm already a user of several of your plugins so its no surprise that BLMediaPlayer is top notch just like the rest (and a much needed plugin now that HST no longer seems to support their Media Player plugin in HS3).

I am confused on the operation when it comes to events vs. devices vs. the Media Player Tab within the plugin.
    • I can control my media library from within the Media Player Tab.
    • I can use events to start or stop a playing a playlist.
    • If I am using the Media Player tab within the plugin, I can see what is playing on the devices page.

However, it doesn't seem like there is any link between the actions I take using an event to either the device status or to the Media Player tab.

I honestly will never use the Media Player tab within the plugin, but I would like to be able to control the media library from the devices page. So if I start a playlist using an event, I'd like to see the status updated on the devices screen AND I'd like to be able to stop playing the playlist.

If this isn't possible, I could use the Media Player tab to stop the playlist, but that doesn't appear to work either.

Right now, if I start a playlist using an event, the only way I can stop it is using an event - is this the correct behavior?

It also doesn't seem like any of the options on the Options tab take effect when using events...particularly, the "While Homeseer is Speaking" option. Not a huge deal since I can manage this with additional event actions, but it would be nice.

Also, it would be great if you could group the devices. I've written a script that allows me to set up device groupings myself, but I don't like doing that for devices managed by plugins for fear that it will screw something up (although I've done it for some and it hasn't caused an issue).

Thanks,
    Scott

I left the media player page there because it was done but I would recommend that you use HSTouch to design your own player. You can use scripting calls to control the player.
    I do plan to add controls to the devices. It is not done yet.
    Do me a favour and add a feature request on my web site for it.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      I left the media player page there because it was done but I would recommend that you use HSTouch to design your own player. You can use scripting calls to control the player.
      I do plan to add controls to the devices. It is not done yet.
      Do me a favour and add a feature request on my web site for it.
      Done...and plugin purchased.

Thanks!

Comment

I can likely knock it off this weekend if nothing comes up.
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Try 3.0.6 in the HS3 updater.
          I have added the device controls for you
          Let me know
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Working...