Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you consider finishing the HS Media Player plug-in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you consider finishing the HS Media Player plug-in?

Blade -

I really hope you will consider picking up HST's abandoned Media Player plug-in. I know you don't use HSTouch, but for those of us who do, having a pick-list for artist and songs is a must. I'm using you plug-in now with HSTouch, but miss the HST features.

Rich says there is no market for the plug-in and in terms of future customers that may be true. On the other hand he is saying the plug-in is 90% complete. With your talent and experience, I'm hoping completing the application wouldn't be a major undertaking and would generate additional income.

Thanks,
    Barry

I second what Barry said.
    Thanks for at least considering.

Comment

Of course, you can count my vote in!
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
        Blade -

I really hope you will consider picking up HST's abandoned Media Player plug-in. I know you don't use HSTouch, but for those of us who do, having a pick-list for artist and songs is a must. I'm using you plug-in now with HSTouch, but miss the HST features.

Rich says there is no market for the plug-in and in terms of future customers that may be true. On the other hand he is saying the plug-in is 90% complete. With your talent and experience, I'm hoping completing the application wouldn't be a major undertaking and would generate additional income.

Thanks,
        Barry
        What is missing from BLMediaPlayer that you would like to see?
        Show me some screenshots of what you use in BLMediaPlayer now and some screenshots of what you would like to see
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I'm looking to be able to select from a list of albums, artist or playlist. What you see in the hstouchmusic is the out of the box HST hstouch screen (I did add some IR control buttons. I am just able to select from a short set of playlists with your plug-in.

You can tell by the playlist that I'm old and I may not understand what I can do in HSTouch now.

Thanks for looking at this.
          Barry
          Attached Files

Comment

I would also like to add that the ability to select specific songs and add them to the current playlist as well as to be able to reorder the current playlist would be BIG! Big enough to get me off my keister and make some HSTouch screens.

Comment

OK there is already a feature request for BLMediaPlayer but if you want to add another one that is fine as well

This will take a bit of work to get this done. I will likely do it in multiple steps but I am sure we can make the plugin work for most people.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

That's the best news I've heard all week!

Although, depending on the type of person you are, the week just started today. .......

Comment

Try out 2.0.12 in the HS3 updater
                  You will need to be running .130 or higher of HS3

I have added dropdown lists of artists and albums for the devices
                  Let me know if this is a good start
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                    That's the best news I've heard all week!

Although, depending on the type of person you are, the week just started today. .......
                    your posts add comic relief on this sometimes stressful search for answers (what went wrong my system or how much more complex can I make my system),...back to searching...airplay and splitting my system
                    Tom
                    baby steps...starting again with HS3
                    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Great. Thanks!
                      Originally posted by Blade View Post

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post

Very good start, I was able to add scrolling to hstouch for both of them, would it be possible to do the same for play lists?
                        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                          Very good start, I was able to add scrolling to hstouch for both of them, would it be possible to do the same for play lists?
                          Could you share what you did in HST?
                          Thanks,
                          Barry

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                            Yes I plan to do that. I wanted some feedback on the artists and albums first
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Try 2.0.13 in the HS3 updater
                              I have added a device for playlists
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X