Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Matt. I'm not sure I want to install and setup OpenHab for the functionality at this point.
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Blade awesome plugin! This is finally allowing me to add automation to Plex which I use primarily. Question - would it be possible to add values to the media type? I'm trying to set up events tied to a movie being watched and am using Spud's easy trigger to track previous state (i.e. if a client was stopped, changes to playing and the media type is movie do xxx...) I can do that for stopped to playing and playing to paused but for paused to stopped I can't track the previous media type since that plugin only compares previous device values to current values as opposed to strings. So essentially I'd like to be able to perform a series of actions if I was watching a movie and it stopped. It's not as necessary but are you considering adding device control in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
        Blade awesome plugin! This is finally allowing me to add automation to Plex which I use primarily. Question - would it be possible to add values to the media type? I'm trying to set up events tied to a movie being watched and am using Spud's easy trigger to track previous state (i.e. if a client was stopped, changes to playing and the media type is movie do xxx...) I can do that for stopped to playing and playing to paused but for paused to stopped I can't track the previous media type since that plugin only compares previous device values to current values as opposed to strings. So essentially I'd like to be able to perform a series of actions if I was watching a movie and it stopped. It's not as necessary but are you considering adding device control in the future?
        You could do this with a virtual device .

''if this string is '' xxx'' then set virtual device to value ''xx'' ( here , do as many devices as possibles string you have; all those event will target the same virtual device for the action)

then with another event you could do what you just said

'if device has a value ''xx'' then do ''those actions''

Comment

Originally posted by MattLau View Post

You could do this with a virtual device .

''if this string is '' xxx'' then set virtual device to value ''xx'' ( here , do as many devices as possibles string you have; all those event will target the same virtual device for the action)

then with another event you could do what you just said

'if device has a value ''xx'' then do ''those actions''

Yeah I know I'm just getting device bloat. I remember a few years ago when I first got Homeseer running and thinking how could someone have so many events and devices! Seeing that now. It took 5 events and a virtual device to just get my work call framework setup (squelch announcements, pause music)...

Comment

Try 2.0.14 in the beta section

Added values to media type device (episode=1, movie=2 and track=3)
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Even easier now

Comment

Yeah I know I'm just getting device bloat. I remember a few years ago when I first got Homeseer running and thinking how could someone have so many events and devices! Seeing that now. It took 5 events and a virtual device to just get my work call framework setup (squelch announcements, pause music)...
                Totally true

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                  I have been using this plugin now for quite a while (probably 6 months or so).

It allows you to interface with your PLEX server. It does not allow any control yet but it will create devices for the server and all sessions on the server and show what each is playing (not tested it with music yet) but I am thinking I need to add music functionality.

PLEX is a big part of my movie and TV show viewing and I am thinking of adding my music collection to it as well

UPDATE

Here is the plugin - It is considered BETA
                  It only shows sessions and what is playing on them (video only right now)

BLPlex

1. Download zip file and extract the contents to your HS3 root folder
                  2. Restart HS3 to see the new EXE
                  3. Enable the plugin

You will need to go to the options web page and enter in the Plex server IP address and port as well as your user id and password
                  Once done, click the Initialize Plex Server button and you should get a plex token

It will create devices for the server itself and as devices play videos it will create devices for those as well.

Remember this is just BETA and I have not added much to it in the past months since I have been too busy

IMPORTANT

Using URLs you built from my logs and asked me to test, I was getting connection reset by server errors trying to get to my plex LAN IP on port 32400. Poking around plex forums, I tried the same URLs you sent but with localhost:32400 and they worked. Fortunately, my plex and HS3 servers are one and the same, so that solved my lack of server and player devices once I configured BLPlex to use 127.0.0.1.

Confused by why I was reading all these plex forum posts about <private IP>:32400/web and similar URLs using the LAN IP, I finally found the cause.

Secure connections: required was set on the Network page of server settings. This allows access to any player coming to my server via https://plex.tv over a TLS protected connection using the SSL certificate that plex obtains for each Plex Pass user. It blocks access for all insecure clients - even on the same physical server - except if I use the localhost IP, 127.0.0.1.

To prove this was the cause, I set secure connections to preferred and the test URLs both worked on my LAN IP.

If you want to use BLPlex and your plex server is on the same system as your HS3 server, you can configure BLPlex to use IP 127.0.0.1 and keep secure connections set to required. If they are on different systems, you'll need to set secure connections to preferred.

I appreciate any feedback
                  It's almost there. Apparently EasyTrigger will not let you use that condition (was xxx and becomes xxx) as a condition (just a primary trigger) I'll ask Spud if he can add that. An easy workaround with this plugin would be to have the media type be 0 if nothing is playing. Not sure if that is feasible or not or if it is asking too much.

Comment

It's almost there. Apparently EasyTrigger will not let you use that condition (was xxx and becomes xxx) as a condition (just a primary trigger) I'll ask Spud if he can add that. An easy workaround with this plugin would be to have the media type be 0 if nothing is playing. Not sure if that is feasible or not or if it is asking too much.
                    Also while you’re at it I noticed that media type changes to clip while playing trailers. If you gave that a code as well then events could be created for more transitions like in a theater. I’m not sure of pre roll would be different from Clío (on the list to create one)

Comment

Try out 2.0.15 in the beta section and let me know

Added value of 0 to media type device when nothing is playing. Also added clip=4
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                        Try out 2.0.15 in the beta section and let me know

Added value of 0 to media type device when nothing is playing. Also added clip=4
                        The stopped event still isn't working. I tried adding some status #'s too under status graphics (0 for stopped and 2 for movie) but it doesn't trigger.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 9.03.58 PM.png
Views:	197
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1272155Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 9.03.16 PM.png
Views:	176
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1272156

Comment

These two are working fine Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 9.05.35 PM.png
Views:	210
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1272160Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 9.06.06 PM.png
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1272161

Comment

These two are working fine Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 9.05.35 PM.png
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1272160Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 9.06.06 PM.png
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1272161
                              Spoke too soon the movie start isn’t working now but the pause is. Stop doesn’t work. I removed the condition on the device status and they run based on just player status. Removed the status graphics entry didn’t make a difference.

Comment

OK I will have a look and let you know
                                Cheers,
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X