X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disconnected

Hi spud,

I have 2 chromecast audio and 2 google home devices. Tonight, both chromecast audios were "disconnected" but the google home devices were connected. When I manually clicked "connect" under the root device, the connection was made and things started working again. I'm not sure what is causing this problem but is has happened on several occasions. Do you have any suggestions? Is there any role for making an event which is triggered when the device disconnects and forces a reconnect? My understanding was the plugin did that automatically.

Thanks for any input you may have,

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by benrjunk View Post
      Hi spud,

I have 2 chromecast audio and 2 google home devices. Tonight, both chromecast audios were "disconnected" but the google home devices were connected. When I manually clicked "connect" under the root device, the connection was made and things started working again. I'm not sure what is causing this problem but is has happened on several occasions. Do you have any suggestions? Is there any role for making an event which is triggered when the device disconnects and forces a reconnect? My understanding was the plugin did that automatically.

Thanks for any input you may have,

Ben
      I would need to see some debug logs to troubleshoot this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        I would need to see some debug logs to troubleshoot this issue.
        Do you mean the homeseer log file or something else?

Thanks

Comment

Do you mean the homeseer log file or something else?

Thanks
          From the Chromecast plugin Config page set the log level to Debug, then wait for the problem to happen, then send me the chromecast log file located in Logs/Chromecast.txt

Comment

Has not happened now in several days. I'll followup if the disconnect problem recurs.

I'm wondering if Next/Previous control is possible with Spotify. Currently when I click next/previous when playing a Spotify playlist, nothing happens. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ben

Comment

Volume Control

Hi spud,

Wanted to find out if relative volume control is possible or on the roadmap?

I'd like to make actions "VolumeUp" and "VolumeDown" that add or subtract 10% from the current volume.

Thanks,

Ben

Comment

Hi spud,

I'd like to make actions "VolumeUp" and "VolumeDown" that add or subtract 10% from the current volume.

Thanks,

Ben
                I'm thinking you could do this with easyTrigger if you didn't want to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                  I'm thinking you could do this with easyTrigger if you didn't want to wait.
                  Good suggestion. This seems like pretty basic functionality though. Hopefully spud can incorporate directly in this (paid) plugin...

Ben

Comment

Hi spud,

Thanks,

Ben
                    In version 3.0.0.11 available in first post of this thread, I have added +/- control to the volume device with a configurable step% from the config page.
                    You need to manually delete your volume devices and then start version 3.0.0.11 for the new controls to appear.

In the same version I have added the possibility to disable TTS but still keeping the connection to the Chromecast so that you can still monitor and control volume and media.

Click image for larger version

Name:	config.png
Views:	1
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	1195047

Comment

Disconnect

Hi spud,

It looks like around 3-4 am my Chromecast audios get disconnected and do not reconnect. I've installed v 12 today and we'll see if this fixes it. I tried getting the log file exported but I didn't see anything at that time. Will follow up.

Thanks for the relative volume fix.

Ben

Comment

Disconnect

Hi spud,

Right on queue, both my Chromecast audio devices disconnected in the middle of the night last night (typically happens between 2-4am). I had a look at the debug log around the time, and attached it to this message. Hope this can help you fix the problem.

For the time being, I've made an event that reconnects the CCA devices after a 5 minute disconnect and sends me an email so I know it's happened. Without that event I can control the CCA devices but I don't get any status updates from the plugin.

Thanks,

Ben
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi spud,

Right on queue, both my Chromecast audio devices disconnected in the middle of the night last night (typically happens between 2-4am). I had a look at the debug log around the time, and attached it to this message. Hope this can help you fix the problem.

For the time being, I've made an event that reconnects the CCA devices after a 5 minute disconnect and sends me an email so I know it's happened. Without that event I can control the CCA devices but I don't get any status updates from the plugin.

Thanks,

Ben
                          please install version 3.0.0.13 available on first post in which I enhanced the reconnection mechanism. Before testing please disable your reconnection events which could mess up the automatic attempts to reconnect.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                            please install version 3.0.0.13 available on first post in which I enhanced the reconnection mechanism. Before testing please disable your reconnection events which could mess up the automatic attempts to reconnect.
                            Done, thanks. I'll let you know what comes of this update.

Ben

Comment

Since update to v0.13 there have been no sustained disconnects.

It would be wonderful if Next and Previous commands could control spotify playlists.

Thanks,
                              Ben

Comment

Updated to version 3.0.0.15 and noticed there is now a "HomeSeer" image when casting from the plugin.

Spud, any chance could loose this image or tell us where to find/change it? I assume you viewed this on the HomeSeer device page and it looked ok but it's no good for HSTouch, which I doubt you use.

My HSTouch screens pull the album artwork from images/chromecast/ /thumbnail.jpg and it looks good. When I cast (radio stations) from the plugin I replace the thumbnail.jpg with my own image using a copy file script and all looks good but your stock image kind of interferes, initially. My recommendation would be to just loose that image altogether when using the default player but if you have to keep it for some reason, scale it to a square album artwork format.

Thanks very much for the good work on this plugin.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                                X