• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by Xian View Post
    Can you share the script ?
    I'm not much on scripts. I used/modified someone else's script which file copies from a directory I created to store .jpg images of the radio stations I use. The script copies the image to the correct Chromecast directory every time that particular radio station event launches. A separate script is requed for each image/event. There probably is another/better way but this has worked for me since the Chromecast plugin came out.

Code:
    Sub Main (ByVal Parm As Object) 
        Const OverwriteExisting = TRUE

Dim SourcePath As String = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HS3\RadioStationImages\Smooth Jazz.jpg" 
        Dim DestPath As String =   "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\Chromecast\EFB42AB1-6B4C-482C-9D3A-DEA8E5708236\" 
        Dim FileName As String = "thumbnail.jpg" 
        My.Computer.FileSystem.CopyFile(SourcePath, DestPath & FileName, OverwriteExisting) 
    end sub
    Regards,
    Ps. I use a 1 second delay in the event before the script command. Otherwise spud's image might overwrite.

Leave a comment:

• Xian
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Updated to version 3.0.0.15 and noticed there is now a "HomeSeer" image when casting from the plugin.

Spud, any chance could loose this image or tell us where to find/change it? I assume you viewed this on the HomeSeer device page and it looked ok but it's no good for HSTouch, which I doubt you use.

My HSTouch screens pull the album artwork from images/chromecast/ /thumbnail.jpg and it looks good. When I cast (radio stations) from the plugin I replace the thumbnail.jpg with my own image using a copy file script and all looks good but your stock image kind of interferes, initially. My recommendation would be to just loose that image altogether when using the default player but if you have to keep it for some reason, scale it to a square album artwork format.

Thanks very much for the good work on this plugin.

Regards,
    Can you share the script ?

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by lpcalcaterra View Post
    Hey Spud, I am giving the PI a whirl using Nvidia Shield TVs. The PI found all three of the devices. Casting audio and images works without issue. The PI, however, does not update the devices: Application, Artist, Image, Status, or Title of what is playing on the device. The only time the devices change is when I cast something.
    What do you mean exactly?
    When you use an app from the Nvidia Shield, I guess it doesn't use the built-in chromecast features so it's normal that the plugin doesn't reflect any change.

If you cast something from HS3, it should show a HS3 logo as the image and "Defult Media Receiver" as the application.

Leave a comment:

• lpcalcaterra
    replied
    device polling?

Hey Spud, I am giving the PI a whirl using Nvidia Shield TVs. The PI found all three of the devices. Casting audio and images works without issue. The PI, however, does not update the devices: Application, Artist, Image, Status, or Title of what is playing on the device. The only time the devices change is when I cast something.

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Bad Disconnect Day

Especially bad day with disconnects. Looks like thousands of HS3 log entries.

I completely removed Bonjor and installed the version in your dropbox. Problem persists.

I captured about 10-15min of logs.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ServiceXp; March 9, 2018, 06:19 AM. Reason: I guess I forgot to add the logs.

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    I can't add that because I don't think it's part of the Chromecast API
    The controls are in the Home app. I just assumed it would be using the same API.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
    1) Add EQ devices (Bass and Treble)
    I can't add that because I don't think it's part of the Chromecast API

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Feature Requests

1) Add EQ devices (Bass and Treble)

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    why can't you use the Volume device controls from an event?
    Because I'm an idiot.. Didn't even think about doing that..

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
    1) Set Volume in Event
    why can't you use the Volume device controls from an event?

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Feature Requests

1) Set Volume in Event
    2) Playlist Functionality

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
    As long as it's something in the html directory, sure. I've done it before. Really depends on your operating system. Linux is easy. Most versions of Windows are as well.
    I can confirm it works. Thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by raymonvdm View Post
    I have tried this plugin but it didn`t find any chromecast devices. When i look at the log there aren`t many entries there

I have remove bonjour to see if the log changes and it does. Bonjour is reinstalled but to no avail

Code:

mrt-03 02:27:28	 	Chromecast	INFO Chromecast version 3.0.0.16
    mrt-03 02:26:57	 	Chromecast	INFO Shutting Down plug-in
    mrt-03 02:22:22	 	Chromecast	ERROR System.Exception: No Zeroconf providers could be found or initialized. Necessary daemon may not be running. at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders() at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_DefaultProvider() at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_SelectedProvider() at Mono.Zeroconf.ServiceBrowser..ctor() at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastDiscoverer.Start() at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastApp.b__57_0()
    mrt-03 02:22:22	 	Chromecast	INFO Chromecast version 3.0.0.16
    mrt-03 02:22:13	 	Chromecast	INFO Shutting Down plug-in
    Is this log taken with or without Bonjour installed?

If you get this error it means there is a problem with the discovery. Do you have Mono.Zeroconf.dll and Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.Bonjour.dll in bin/Chromecast?
    You are on widows right?

Could you set the log level to Debug?

Leave a comment:

• raymonvdm
    replied
    I have tried this plugin but it didn`t find any chromecast devices. When i look at the log there aren`t many entries there

I have remove bonjour to see if the log changes and it does. Bonjour is reinstalled but to no avail

Code:

mrt-03 02:27:28	 	Chromecast	INFO Chromecast version 3.0.0.16
    mrt-03 02:26:57	 	Chromecast	INFO Shutting Down plug-in
    mrt-03 02:22:22	 	Chromecast	ERROR System.Exception: No Zeroconf providers could be found or initialized. Necessary daemon may not be running. at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders() at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_DefaultProvider() at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_SelectedProvider() at Mono.Zeroconf.ServiceBrowser..ctor() at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastDiscoverer.Start() at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastApp.b__57_0()
    mrt-03 02:22:22	 	Chromecast	INFO Chromecast version 3.0.0.16
    mrt-03 02:22:13	 	Chromecast	INFO Shutting Down plug-in

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
    As long as it's something in the html directory, sure. I've done it before. Really depends on your operating system. Linux is easy. Most versions of Windows are as well.
    Thanks I'll give it a try..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X